BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window Part 6

Guest linganzi

Go on, justify your comment. Properly.

to you? goodness me I dont know how I would cope if I didnt think that your curiosity was satisfied. ill humour you though.

if what we hear about adam being in bits about this is to be believed, and the crazy money actually offered is true, and turned down, then not only have blackpool got a player that doesnt want to be there but they have denied him a chance to play for a historic top club. What makes it worse is that we were told that a fair bid would be ok, 10-14 m isnt ok?. all so Oyston grinder and the monkey can prove a point?.

Plus point being that when their moment in the sunshine is over , adam will be hawked around for peanuts

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a little sorry for Diouf as he has been performing really well this season. I know he's slow but he brings something different to the team when he plays. I'd rather we'd ship out deadweights like Andrews and Grella first.

Happy with the window, especially when comparing to the previous five or six ones. We still have to spend wisely and it's good that we're looking to bring in exciting young talent to the team as well. Anyone know how Ronieli's trial has gone?

"

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is ready to sign Swindon’s prolific striker Charlie Austin in a £1.2million deal today to complete his ‘marquee capture’ as new manager.

Jewell is beating Eddie Howe’s Burnley and League One giants Southampton in the chase for the forward, who wants to leave the Robins.

Austin was fancied by Howe but prefers to stay in the south. Jewell has also put together a better package to attract him.

The transfer is expected to be completed today."

Your words, not mine :-)

Hey, dont let it get you down

"hands off Vela, he's Coyleys :)

Liverpool's final bid for Charlie Adam was £7 million plus £2 million more in add-ons.

Way out of the range of Rovers at that value.

If I was Charlie's cat I would be hiding tonight or you will be getting a stylish size ten up your butt...

to you? goodness me I dont know how I would cope if I didnt think that your curiosity was satisfied. ill humour you though.

if what we hear about adam being in bits about this is to be believed, and the crazy money actually offered is true, and turned down, then not only have blackpool got a player that doesnt want to be there but they have denied him a chance to play for a historic top club. What makes it worse is that we were told that a fair bid would be ok, 10-14 m isnt ok?. all so Oyston grinder and the monkey can prove a point?.

Plus point being that when their moment in the sunshine is over , adam will be hawked around for peanuts

Didn't think you could manage it. All conjecture.

Blackpool set a valuation, Liverpool didn't meet it. If Liverpool are willing to pay nearly £40m for 'talent' such as Carroll, how on earth can you blame Blackpool for holding out for whatever prove they want? I'd be proud if Rovers did the same, why should they be bullied into selling?

Blackpool's valuation was less than what relegation would cost them. You're vendetta is showing you up, as nothing you say has any substance, and you'd be hard pushed to find anyone who agrees with you.

Our friends at SSN think Rochina is a loan!! :wacko:

and TeamTalk are reporting we've loaned James Beattie to Rangers!

done deals

Done deals

Kyle Bartley: Arsenal to Rangers, on loan until end of season.

Luis Suarez: Ajax to Liverpool, £22.8million.

Mauro Formica Newell's Old Boys to Blackburn, undisclosed fee.

Daniel Sturridge: Chelsea to Bolton, on loan until end of season.

James Beattie: Blackburn to Rangers, on loan until end of season.

Ruben Rochina: Barcelona to Blackburn, undisclosed fee.

Steven Smith: Norwich to Aberdeen, on loan for rest of season.

"

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is ready to sign Swindons prolific striker Charlie Austin in a £1.2million deal today to complete his marquee capture as new manager.

Jewell is beating Eddie Howes Burnley and League One giants Southampton in the chase for the forward, who wants to leave the Robins.

Austin was fancied by Howe but prefers to stay in the south. Jewell has also put together a better package to attract him.

Vela's agent wanted a bung for doing nothing.

I realise you will sympathise with that request as a workshy twit.

But it cost him his move.

Sturridge is a better player...who was not available until Friday.

Things happen fast in the big time.

You do remember the big time, don't you?

Liverpool's final bid for Charlie Adam was £7 million plus £2 million more in add-ons.

Way out of the range of Rovers at that value.

If I was Charlie's cat I would be hiding tonight or you will be getting a stylish size ten up your butt...

If Liverpool think Carroll is worth over £35m, I don't blame Blackpool for rejecting a deal that could rise to £9m. No way Carroll is four times the player Adam is.

My spanish mate is really high on Rochina and is angry that Rovers got him as he is a Liverpool supporter. He also supports Real so I don't think he is being bias in his evaluation of Rochinas talent. Clearly he is young and will take time before he is effective in England but his time will come.

As for Formica I've spoken with a few fans of the Argentina league who think he is gonna be something special. Still he is not yet ready to make an impact in England and it might take a year. Also the comparisons to Batistuta are unfair he doesn't/wont have that kind of goal scoring record. That said he is already a monster on free kicks and that part of his game should translate over pretty quickly.

Once again this is all what my friends who watch spain U-19 and the Arg league say so take it for what its worth.

What a load of rubbish. It's not even worth explaining why.

You board and Venky moaners took one hell of a beating this window...

You mean the people that said the £5m figure was right and were told "no, that's the minimum", we've spent £4m.

Happy with the business we've done because I knew we weren't going to spend big, some people on here were betting bets on at William Hill (cough Hughesey) that we'd spend over £5m on one player!!

What we've spent matches what I think Venky's are worth and have so we got as I expected.

I'd love it though if you'd go back at look at the type of shopping lists people were drawing up in November. Adam, Krankjar, Bentley ect most people were predicting tens of million being spent.

But a lot of shifting of goal posts has happened over the past 30 days. I know for a fact if I'd have said there was going to be two loans brought in and two signing from inferior leagues there would have been disapointment. It's only because in the last few days we'd all given up hope that the announcements today seem more exciting than they actually are.

I wish both the new lads luck at Rovers and hope that they are as good as the Youtube clips and Pro Evo stats suggest. To pretend they are in a position with nothing to prove though is ridiculous.

Being called work shy from a gossip columist? Brilliant.

Bung? Best get it reported then eh.

Tractor Boy Austin

I've missed the funniest report, Wright Phillips being at the Reebok last Monday because he likes the way Bolton play and NOT because he used to play for Chelsea.

Ahhhh research

"

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell is ready to sign Swindon’s prolific striker Charlie Austin in a £1.2million deal today to complete his ‘marquee capture’ as new manager.

Jewell is beating Eddie Howe’s Burnley and League One giants Southampton in the chase for the forward, who wants to leave the Robins.

Nobody is bothered about comings and goings in the NPower league especially the Dingles on this board, Get back to Clampets Mad,

Will you two either behave or at least let the rest of the class in on what your history together is. I know Nicko has a very special place on the forum, but if you're going to wave your hand bags at each other, go do it in private ;)

Archived