BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - The Aftermath

Spurs had a £6.7m bid accepted last night, only the slowness of the fax machine stopped it going through. Liverpool p'eed Blackpool off coupled with the £50m kitty they just had was why they quoted the such crazy prices.

Adam will leave in the summer and UNLESS a bidding war starts he'll go for less than £10m.

Kean suggests Diouf's move is temporary...

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2282047,00.html

Surely for that statement to be true Hoilett woul have to be a failure from now on...

He's just letting other clubs know that there's no option to buy involved in the loan deal, and that he doesn't want to let Diouf leave on a free. I still think that is what will happen in the summer, especially when we sign Seb Larsson :)

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Hoilett also on that list?

Yes. In addition to all of those identified by Hughsie, Hoilett, Givet, EHD, Bunn, Doran, Goulon, Gunning, Morris and Fielding are all out of contract in 2012.

Their team profiles imply that Lowe and Aley are out of contract this summer, adding to Hughsie's 2011 list.

Some of these players have a lot of potential. If I were Venkys I'd be talking with Hoilett and Fielding ASAP.

and we didn't sign Warnock Phil... and we didn't sell the other 5 players who wanted out according to your PM, and 4 of the 5 signed or are about to sign new contracts iirc.

Good window all in all.

Who were the five players who wanted out?

Yes. In addition to all of those identified by Hughsie, Hoilett, Givet, EHD, Bunn, Doran, Goulon, Gunning, Morris and Fielding are all out of contract in 2012.

Their team profiles imply that Lowe and Aley are out of contract this summer, adding to Hughsie's 2011 list.

Some of these players have a lot of potential. If I were Venkys I'd be talking with Hoilett and Fielding ASAP.

Im sure Steve Kean said in his press conference that Bunn has agreed a new deal along with Phil Jones and Chris Samba

Im sure Steve Kean said in his press conference that Bunn has agreed a new deal along with Phil Jones and Chris Samba

I wish the official site would announce it then, Jason Roberts signing was front page news for hours yesterday and let's be honest who give a poop about him signing an extension. Get it signed Samba and get it offcial...

I wish the official site would announce it then, Jason Roberts signing was front page news for hours yesterday and let's be honest who give a poop about him signing an extension. Get it signed Samba and get it offcial...

From the LET although it says in there expected to follow soon im sure he said had agreed

Jason Roberts has now joined Michel Salgado and Ryan Nelsen in signing new deals with Rovers, with Chris Samba, Mark Bunn and Paul Robinson expected to follow soon.

Roberts should finish his final days with a team like Blackpool or Cardiff, I think he is making a mistake staying because he just is not good enough against most top 10 sides and Kean is not likely to drop his best players.

he is just cover for injuries.

The only worry I have is that Kean said "hopefully that'll get signed today" (Samba's new contract) last Friday, what's the hold up? I rememeber when Bentley was always a few days away from signing a new contract and it never happened in the end and he went off to Spuds at the end of that season.

I'll sleep better when it's on the oficial site.

Roberts should finish his final days with a team like Blackpool or Cardiff, I think he is making a mistake staying because he just is not good enough against most top 10 sides and Kean is not likely to drop his best players.

he is just cover for injuries.

He's a good impact player to come on and bully centre-halves when the need arises in my opinion, so long as he can pass to someone who can finish :D

There's nobody immediately obvious that I can think of who can perform that role and be happy to not be an automatic first choice and/or cost an exorbitant amount of money. Good ambassador for the game too. Sensible to keep him around I'd say.

Theres pictures of formica on the rovers website meeting up with team!Looks Like hes fitting in!

Hopefully he will settle down quickly and provide creativity through the middle!

thats what i was thinking, by happy coincidence three of our signings speak spanish as their mothertongue (roque, formica and rochina) so along with salgado we have a decent spanish speaking contingent in the club, two of whom are experienced, senior players and nice guys to boot, i reckon that can only do the new lads good as regards their settling in.

with all this good morale and anticipation knocking around you can't help feeling pretty damn positive about the future. a result vs spuds and samba to sign away his best years would really put the icing on the cake.

It's not guaranteed that he will ever become good.

Of course not..... what is in life? But what I meant is: I doubt the new regime will be as patient w/ Niko as perhaps Sam might have been (as he's a BS signing, right?).

As a sidenote: just been gazing thru Rovers.net at the Formica training pics__his resemblance to KaKa is pretty uncanny. Also, I can see why a dental plan was such a sticking point during negotiations- I thought he had been wearing 'braces' in Argentina but it looks as if they've come off. I'm no Dentist, but it looks like there's plenty of work left there!

On a serious note, I certainly hope MF can approximate KaKa's game for Rovers as well! I'll be taking great interest in seeing if my countryman can fit in and deliver the goods for the club. We've needed someone of his ilk for many, many seasons--- maybe we'll finally be seeing more arte along w/ the usual dosage of laboure?

Let's go Rovers!

Archived