BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - The Aftermath

Of course not..... what is in life? But what I meant is: I doubt the new regime will be as patient w/ Niko as perhaps Sam might have been (as he's a BS signing, right?).

Kalinic is only here as a 'stepping stone' remember? :rolleyes:

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Hoilett also on that list?

True...forgot that one. To be honest I was looking more at the older players who are less likely to be renewed.

Other players below:

Hoilett, Givet, EHD, Bunn, Doran, Goulon, Gunning, Morris and Fielding are all out of contract in 2012.

[removed]

OK yeti so that you don't have to wait too long.

1. We sold players in the past to provide funding for the club. Where will that funding come from now? (I'll give you a clue, Season tickets have been massively subsidised in recent years by the previous owners. )

Also

2. Our wage bill as a %age of turnover simply has to come down so how does this transfer window figure in that objective?

I knew someone would be along... ;)

Ok..in response to your 2 points;

1. We don't need to sell to "fund" the club anymore. If by fund you meant selling off the family silver one-by-one and replacing with dross??

I don't believe our new owners are stupid...they'll well know that London season ticket prices are unsustainable in Blackburn,nor would they want to risk a half-empty stadium.I believe revenue streams will be explored/exploited in areas the trust were never interested in exploring.

2. Fair point but I believe more dead wood will be removed in the summer and I feel that,other than a potential marquee signing we're going to be trying out younger/hungrier and cheaper a la Formica and Rochina.

Go on theno,give us a smile you know you want to...it also uses less muscles than frowning!! :lol:

Happy overall with the window, have only lost Diouf of any note, and that seems like the backlash from Big Sam going.

The 2 loan signings should be good enough to get in the first team , and the 2 youngsters are a really exciting new type of signing. Obviously it will take time for them to adjust to the game over here, but they do seem to have a good pedigree - hopefully more Tugay than Villenueva.

Regarding the new owners, it will be interesting to see how the funds have been raised - is it investment into the club, or debts levied against the club? Perhaps something the LET / Kamy / Nicko could get confirmed for us? I would hope and think its investment, but its a worthwhile question in my opinion.

Exciting times at Ewood - its great to see the emergence of Hoilett, Jones, Olsson, Hanley this season surrounded by solid professionals.

I'm pretty happy with our business in the window and the players coming in are great additions to our squad.

However, (and this isn't

a whinge) am I the only person on the entire board concerned that Diouf has been allowed to leave on loan? After watching the performances of Andrews and Grella at Villa on Saturday, I would have much rather keep Diouf than let either of those two play ever again. Andrews was especially useless.

I'm fully aware that Diouf is an attacking mid and the others are defensive, but it's difficult to see how Keet is even classed as a footballer.

Overall, this is a very good window for Rovers. Jermaine Jones and Roque Santa Cruz are great for experience, then you have Mauro Formica and Ruben Rochina for exciting young talent. I believe the two prospects will have an interesting impact at some stage in the season. I will say that in the summer we should be looking at AZ Alkmaar's Kolbeinn Sigþórsson, he is a young Icelandic guy with big potential - that is if we wish to continue the progress of the development group.

I think we did well out of the window, not too sure bout EH diouf going, regardless of what you think of him he is a good player and good for rovers, but i'm sure the new acquistitions will be more then sufficient to see him go.

also, am i only person who doesnt understand why we have extended Roberts contract?

I think we did well out of the window, not too sure bout EH diouf going, regardless of what you think of him he is a good player and good for rovers, but i'm sure the new acquistitions will be more then sufficient to see him go.

For the morale of the squad, it was best for him to leave.

Bananagate will always make me smile when I think of Diouf.

You will be remembered Spitty - be it bad or good.

I will personally miss his disco moves whenever a call goes against us and his 10 point dives on the grass whenever a player breathes on him from behind.

I think it makes no sense to keep roberts and get rid of diouf..unless there is an underlying problem with the rest of the squad...

I'm not overawed, but we'll be short on experienced strikers next season, and I don't see us signing a whole new forward line.

I have never seen anything from him that makes me think we should keep him, also didn't he threaten to leave at the beginning of the season demanding more money?

Roberts?

The man runs his ass off, pointlessly granted, but he certainly is not work shy. Goal shy - yes, work shy - no

He was also not given a number at the start of the season and treated pretty rough, I would have wanted to leave too.

It should be said, Roberts deserves credit for getting his head down and being professional when Sam blatantly wanted rid. He was even complimentary when he was sacked. Good man to have about for playing and non-playing reasons.

I guess the thinking with Diouf is that Junior will be given a run in the team and Emerton can cover if need be till the summer when Larsson will arrive.

I've no idea if Diouf is a good bench player or not, didn't seem to last long at Sunderland on that basis so there might be other less tangible reasons why he's not around given that he won't be playing. He's done alright this year and is good at retaining possession but there's no real argument for him to be starting at the moment. If we want to find out whether Hoillet is the real deal then he needs an extended run in the team.

Bananagate will always make me smile when I think of Diouf.

You will be remembered Spitty - be it bad or good.

I will personally miss his disco moves whenever a call goes against us and his 10 point dives on the grass whenever a player breathes on him from behind.

Plus, who is going to take the responsibility of the slow substitution walk off?

Oh, don't worry. The Allardyce Apologisers and general suicidists will spend the rest of the season putting a negative spin on everything Rovers/Kean/Venky's related to suit their own agendas. The people "in the know" will still bleat about non-existent player revolutions. Some people are really having great difficulty moving on and accepting the old order has gone and we're now a different club in many ways. Kind of ironic that the chief moaners now are the same posters who were the first to jump down anyone's throats who dare to suggest anything negative about the previous regime.

Time to move on people - I for one am about as optimistic for Rovers future as I have been in years, and for the first time in several seasons going to Ewood actually feels like something to look forward to, not to search for justifiable excuses to avoid.

Agree with you that its time to move on-----a move from your usual confrontational style would suit the new circumstances. Its quite possible to be angry about the way Allardyce went but still be excited about the Rovers future. Its called "being a fan".

also, am i only person who doesnt understand why we have extended Roberts contract?

In my eyes, Diouf is someone distinctly average and bleeding the wage budget. He is inconsistent, not a team player, temperementa, disruptive and is not anything above average as a footballer. Personally, I'm glad he's gone. Plus it means we now have a real number 10 in Formica :D

Regarding Roberts, I'd imagine this is to have experience on the bench for the next 18 months until the youngsters get up to speed and I expect this means there's going to be the inevitable release of Benjani in the summer. Santa Cruz is on loan as is Mame Diouf. If we decide not/unable to buy them, release Benjani, we'd be left with a severe shortage of strikers and the ones we would have would be very young with very little or no experience. As a long term impact sub and to have someone experienced in the striker setup, I'd rather see Roberts getting a renewal than Benjani to be honest. However, if we sign Santa Cruz, I wouldn;t be surprised if Roberts becomes a fringe player or moves on to someone like Cardiff City (who'll be newly promoted to the Premiership hopefully!).

Archived