BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - The Aftermath

• Backroom

Rochina was certainly at Ewood last night Philip unless he has left since then, I imagine they give the new lads time to get stuff in order, must be a bug jump moving abroad.

Will they live at the Dunk for now or do we have houses at Brockhall for new players?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Robbie Keane scored a goal and managed to last most of the game at Blackpool.

Oh crap yeah, I guess you were right after all. Silly me, I guess West Ham are safe now and the fact Keane has been utter turd for the last 30 months is forgotten.

Please tell me what else I need to think.

Better to split a profit than have no profit at all.

Nobody would pretend that finding talent and selling it is the way forward for a club of your size and resources.

Jack Walker saw the plan 20 years ago. Sign them young, bring them through and have a sale in them...

It's not a bad model to have.

You find a good one and their value shoots in a hurry.

If Andy Carroll is worth £35 million, after all...

So its fine & dandy to find them on the continent or the wilds of south america... But it would behoove us to locate them in Britian for the big profits, eh???

Until recently we really have not had squad flexibllity, looking at what we have now we really can play around a fair bit.

Reckon in the summer we will be looking for a left back, a right back and a marque striker. Overall we are covered with a good mix of youth and older player, plus at least two per position.

Adding larsson in the summer will allow for an even more flexible set of formations.

Got too see super keef and Roberts leave though.. just dont see how they fit in anymore.

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones - Givet

JJ - Nzonzi

Hoillett - Formica - Olsson

Niko

Or maybe a diamond..

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones (Nelson) - Givet

Hoillett - JJ (nzonzi) - Olsson

Formica (Dunn)

Niko - RSC (Rochina)

hell we might even be able too get away with a pretty decent 5 at the back with wing backs given the squad..

Robinson

Salgado - Samba - Jones - Givet - Olsson

JJ - nzonzi

Formica (Dunn)

Niko - RSC (Rochina)

I am still trying to work this one out, we have signed four players (two on loan) in this transfer window, none of them are match fit???

am I missing something here, Rochina will be the closest to fitness, Jones has hardly played, neither has Roque and Formica hasnt played for five weeks, almost a close season!!

So we pay big wages to two, dont know how much Rochina and Formica will be paid and we will almost be in March before we see them anywhere near match fit, seems a bit strange, we could have left them until summer and saved some cash.

On the plus side, they do appear to be decent signings.

I think this weeks games have shown up that the transfer window hasn't really made a blind bit of difference, and may not for at least a couple of months.

Jones = loan - not up to speed with the prem

Roque = loan - out injured

Rochina = too young

Formica = not fit

And I reckon with wages, that's about £5mil right there :unsure:

Diouf has been sent off on loan, when we clearly have far worse players earning a wage at BRFC.

We didn't address the fullback issues, Olsson is clearly not good enough and should be played as an out and out winger. And Salgado at his age can't be expected to play two full games in 4 days.

Andrews is still playing in midfield (midweek, and I bet it's not the last time we'll see him) and Roberts is still playing up front (both games). Two players that not just last preseason, but the season before, were seen as being not good enough for the prem. Grella on the bench, and Benjani starting today.

Do I think Kean would have better reinforced the team where needed if given the opportunity, I speculate yes. Do I think he was given the opportunity, I speculate no.

Worrying.

Need formica and rochina in the first 11 and performing quick it will have been a useless window, got a permanantly injured striker for a mere 90k a week when keane / sturridge / vela / Carew??? are seemingly avaiilable on loan for a hell of a lot less, Got jones who as to this point adds nothing on 60k a week, If we were taking chances on injury plagued players for 20k a week Bullard would have been far better suited to us.

One of ours is injured. The other two need to be introduced slowly esp Rochina. Formica hasnt played in 5 weeks. The pace is going to shock him from the off, so we might as well wait a couple of weeks so he's more comfortable with the surroundings and maybe has a reserves match under his belt.

Hopefully Roque is back next week. There is no doubt he makes a huge difference.

One of ours is injured. The other two need to be introduced slowly esp Rochina. Formica hasnt played in 5 weeks. The pace is going to shock him from the off, so we might as well wait a couple of weeks so he's more comfortable with the surroundings and maybe has a reserves match under his belt.

Don't understand the young lads not being involved. Surely they would both benefit from being on the bench and being given 10/15 minutes depending on how things are going. It's not like the bench is crawling with quality. A 22 yr old lad with no injury worries should be able to cope with that.

I'm also a little disappointed not to see either of the deadline day signings at least named on the bench yet. Need to see glimpses of them soon I feel to give some hope that they can improve the squad and eliminate any thoughts that we've signed just another two "squad members". These niggling doubts/fears mostly stem from not having seen or heard much of them before we made a move to sign them and perhaps that's an unfair reason to doubt them.

Having had two defeats since they were signed doesn't help. The current team is looking increasingly incomplete and with new signings not getting a look in I have questions. I thought we were good against Tottenham and lacked that lethal touch in front of goal (Gomes undoubtedly was excellent but on the other hand we weren't good enough to beat him). In that situation, and with RSC out, I expected to see Rochina and/or Formica at least on the bench to add to that final threat in attack. I was disappointed to see neither and this was compounded by the defeat (although having scored three goals I can't overly criticise our finishing). I have doubts over J.Jones though as he should have been leading the defensive side the midfield's game and as a group, the midfield did not do enough to break up counters.

I'm also a little disappointed not to see either of the deadline day signings at least named on the bench yet. Need to see glimpses of them soon I feel to give some hope that they can improve the squad and eliminate any thoughts that we've signed just another two "squad members". These niggling doubts/fears mostly stem from not having seen or heard much of them before we made a move to sign them and perhaps that's an unfair reason to doubt them.

Having had two defeats since they were signed doesn't help. The current team is looking increasingly incomplete and with new signings not getting a look in I have questions. I thought we were good against Tottenham and lacked that lethal touch in front of goal (Gomes undoubtedly was excellent but on the other hand we weren't good enough to beat him). In that situation, and with RSC out, I expected to see Rochina and/or Formica at least on the bench to add to that final threat in attack. I was disappointed to see neither and this was compounded by the defeat (although having scored three goals I can't overly criticise our finishing). I have doubts over J.Jones though as he should have been leading the defensive side the midfield's game and as a group, the midfield did not do enough to break up counters.

Not a pitch to throw them in on yesterday, neither of them will have had much if any experience of those conditions.

Not a pitch to throw them in on yesterday, neither of them will have had much if any experience of those conditions.

All irrelevant in my book TS .. and given the evidence on Saturday from the ' experienced players' it makes naff all difference.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread - I'm not into buying for the future and not playing them ( it never seems to happen that these players become the future) more of a case of getting them playing and give them the experience.

We need these players playing now - there has been far too much of this from Rovers and then nothing coming of it.

Only one way to learn - they need to get used to it and the only way of doing that is by playing.

Archived