BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - The Aftermath

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pnunkett: Blackburn won't be making a summer move for Brazilian Luis Fabiano contrary to a report in a national newspaper.

Is Nicko taking backhanders from Kentaro to print these fantasy stories.

Newcastle and Sunderland had bids accepted for Larsson. Rovers didn't. And neither did Man City when they tried for him on loan.

So he is a free in the summer - and Rovers would be strong favourites for him then.

LETS HOPE NOT !

bloody hell that Fabiano rumour is true then.

Honeslty I wish I knew who went on and on about that Chris Boyd rumour, they should be banned.

Thats why we have to be opmistic I think there are too many people looking to put a downer on everything.

The fact we would consider this approach is amazing.

I am definately holding Venkys innocent until proven guilty from now on.

bloody hell that Fabiano rumour is true then.

Honeslty I wish I knew who went on and on about that Chris Boyd rumour, they should be banned.

Thats why we have to be opmistic I think there are too many people looking to put a downer on everything.

The fact we would consider this approach is amazing.

I am definately holding Venkys innocent until proven guilty from now on.

But they have just said they will not be signing him!! just as Ronaldinho, Maradonna, Beckham etc.

I am interested in Cheryl Cole, unfortunately I know I have no bloody chance.

But they have just said they will not be signing him!! just as Ronaldinho, Maradonna, Beckham etc.

I am interested in Cheryl Cole, unfortunately I know I have no bloody chance.

Hey one thing about pulling is if you don't buy a ticket you don't win the lottery.

Now you might not get Cheryl Cole but some dude with a big wallet will have a crack and probably pull her.

Your father may have told you to go for the dented car, the dead-end job, the less attractive girl lol but its good to aim high.

Its obvious they want to get a star in. I think it will happen.

Considering Venky's wish to sign a Brazilian superstar, I believe the realisation that Blackburn won't actually attract them may have altered Venkys dream slightly. With today's reports stating they'll look for younger players, it 'could' mean they'll look at up-and-coming stars from Brazil, in the hope they'll become more of a household name in their native country if they become successful.

With the likes of Ronaldinho and Fabiano now out of the picture, you begin to look at what's available in the current market on a slightly lesser level than the forementioned. Established Brazilian internationals like Vagner Love, Hulk and Adriano could all be available this summer, fetching transfer fees of around 10-20M. However this again could be well beyond our reach, simply because of the size of our club and our non-involvement in European competitions.

So, IMO Venkys should look for potential stars, ones on the edge of the national team/ or in the U21/20 team. Maybe the likes of Neymar or Ganso will prove too difficult, but I think players like Dentinho or Douglas Costa could well fit that bill. They are clearly both talented youngsters, and with Costa in particular- has made the transition to Europe with some success already. Also, the transfer fee should be more managable on Venkys wallet.

The problem (although a good one) is trying to build a team around such a player. With Formica already on board, you'd think he'd our luxury player. But to have two, well I guess we could guarrantee entertainment!

No doubt more names will be thrown into the ring during the next few months so this summer transfer window should turn out to be very exciting indeed...

It was, if I am correct, a former England captain as Manager, not long retired from playing and known by the players throughout the world.

Plus, didn't rumour have it that Juninho thought he was signing for Utd? Red kit, Bryan Robson etc...

These knock backs (i assume) that Venky's are encountering may yeild a change in approach. But, if they wish to pursue this approach, then it only takes one player to be convinced and the ball is rolling.

However, unless there is substantial money available for follow up signings of a similar ilk then the system is surely doomed to fail. The marquee signing feels cheated and the club gets the wrong reputation. With the UEFA rule changes approaching it may be much more beneficial to look at youth and try to achieve success this way (ala Arsenal). Big name signings the wrong side of 30 may promote the brand name in far reaches of the world. But sustaining that interest will be the money spinner. Have Venky's got the financial muscle to acheive this? Even if they have, they may need to employ some first class accountants for the club to pass the forth coming rule changes. Targetting young talent from around the globe might be a better bet.

Considering Venky's wish to sign a Brazilian superstar, I believe the realisation that Blackburn won't actually attract them may have altered Venkys dream slightly. With today's reports stating they'll look for younger players, it 'could' mean they'll look at up-and-coming stars from Brazil, in the hope they'll become more of a household name in their native country if they become successful.

With the likes of Ronaldinho and Fabiano now out of the picture, you begin to look at what's available in the current market on a slightly lesser level than the forementioned. Established Brazilian internationals like Vagner Love, Hulk and Adriano could all be available this summer, fetching transfer fees of around 10-20M. However this again could be well beyond our reach, simply because of the size of our club and our non-involvement in European competitions.

So, IMO Venkys should look for potential stars, ones on the edge of the national team/ or in the U21/20 team. Maybe the likes of Neymar or Ganso will prove too difficult, but I think players like Dentinho or Douglas Costa could well fit that bill. They are clearly both talented youngsters, and with Costa in particular- has made the transition to Europe with some success already. Also, the transfer fee should be more managable on Venkys wallet.

The problem (although a good one) is trying to build a team around such a player. With Formica already on board, you'd think he'd our luxury player. But to have two, well I guess we could guarrantee entertainment!

No doubt more names will be thrown into the ring during the next few months so this summer transfer window should turn out to be very exciting indeed...

Cmon we don't need players like that. We need a proper left back and a striker when loans finish at end of the season.

I wouldn't want players like this at the club. I feel they are too much of a gamble.

We have formica, who is highly rated in south America. But there is no mistaking is a gamble. The guy looks class but is still unproven. In the pl you need to have a good solid structure to the team. I feel we have that now bar a couple of players

I honestly think if we give this squad time to gel, with a couple of additions we could really push on in 11/12

what attracted ravenelli and juninho to middlesboro? money and am ambitious manager/chairman !

Juninho was a 22 year old, up and coming player from Brazil when Boro signed him So illustrates my point really...

Ravenelli was obviously about the money, and therefore was attracted.

Cmon we don't need players like that. We need a proper left back and a striker when loans finish at end of the season.

I wouldn't want players like this at the club. I feel they are too much of a gamble.

We have formica, who is highly rated in south America. But there is no mistaking is a gamble. The guy looks class but is still unproven. In the pl you need to have a good solid structure to the team. I feel we have that now bar a couple of players

I honestly think if we give this squad time to gel, with a couple of additions we could really push on in 11/12

I quite agree with you, and it'll be up to Kean to find these players we need with what transfer budget is given to him. Get that structure for the team, and a solid squad for us to compete for a European place.

But its also clear that Venkys want a star signing, a name known in Brazil to help them market their business. One that Kean would need to agree with to help the team. So realistic options are Formica-type, up and coming players like I've mentioned, who will be gamble...

This whole Fabiano story is becoming increasingly odd. It seems as though it was already dead by the time the story broke or am I missing something?

Designed to stimulate interest in Rovers philipl creating a positive media image.

If it was Nicko who broke the story, think we should thank him because if a story's like this keep eminating in the national media say once a month then thats surely got to be good for building up a positive image of Rovers despite knowing theres absolutely no chance of these guys coming.

Maybe this should go into the new era thread.

Designed to stimulate interest in Rovers philipl creating a positive media image.

If it was Nicko who broke the story, think we should thank him because if a story's like this keep eminating in the national media say once a month then thats surely got to be good for building up a positive image of Rovers despite knowing theres absolutely no chance of these guys coming.

Maybe this should go into the new era thread.

Some of the crap that gets written about straightforward stories is beyond me.

The Fabiano tale originated in Spain. I checked it and found it was [a] right and still alive.

The local paper - as they do - missed out on it first time and tried to do a follow-up, quoting some unknown spokesman saying that it was [a] right but dead.

My info is that, as it stands, there is a live interest and you are in the race.

But don't let that stop a good conspiracy theory forming somewhere.

Archived