BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - The Aftermath

Kean coming out with a comment like that beggars belief. Like none of the boo boys go to away games?

We are in deep dooodoo with this guy in charge.

80% chance this is true because its obvious

99% chance that Nicko made it up to fill an empty space in the paper

100% chance that Kean didn't and wouldn't quote this

0.001% chance of anyone finding that article interesting, it's only Andrews

This is not another stick to beat Kean with.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why do you have a problem with people calling Kean out for it?

Because he isn't quoted - and the usual ninnies try to put the boot in.

There is a problem with Andrews. The manager is trying to find a solution. He could have got rid of him, but needs to keep him because he may be of use in away games.

Because he isn't quoted - and the usual ninnies try to put the boot in.

There is a problem with Andrews. The manager is trying to find a solution. He could have got rid of him, but needs to keep him because he may be of use in away games.

You obviously weren't at Villa for the Cup game when Andrews got some terrible stick from the Rovers' fans. If Kean believes that playing him in away games is going to protect him he is clearly deluded. I'm not sure how a story in the paper suggesting that the manager is going to stop playing him at Ewood is going to help his confidence. The bottom line is that Andrews is a professional, he gets paid an awful lot of money and fans who are asked to spend between £30 and £50 for games are clearly going to voice their opinions when they are not happy. It has always happened and it always will. If the fans turn on Kean is he planning on not turning up to home games?

Kean coming out with a comment like that beggars belief. Like none of the boo boys go to away games?

Read the article again Philip..what comment exactly is Kean quoted as saying?

I'd say this says more about some of our moronic fans,although your stance is predictably shrill.

I was at the Villa and Wigan away games and Kean was getting a tremendous amount of abuse from our fans. Alot of fans have already lost faith in him. Alot of fans where I sit in the Blackurn End think He is out of his depth and only got the job becasue of his links to JA. The next 3 games will be vital and we need at least 4 points from them or I think the fans will turn on Kean and start chanted Kean Out!!!

That'll be really helpful Chaddy..

Three managers in a season...a good way to develop some stability..not.

It wouldnt be good but may be neccessary, I cant see where Kean is coming from, with the coaching credentials he has got, he should be able to steady things a bit, if he cant and in four games time we are close to the bottom three, we must take some action as a club, longer than that, we may not have time to rectify the situation.

That'll be really helpful Chaddy..

Three managers in a season...a good way to develop some stability..not.

The problem is that the instablity with regard to the management positions - manager, assistant manager and chairman - have all been brought about by the new owners not the supporters.

Where in the article has he been directly quoted ?

Personally I can see the logic - no player pulling on the blue and white who puts in the effort that Andrews does should receive the treatment he does. His morale must be at an all time low - and possibly Kean (if there is any truth in the article) sees this as a way of enabling him to gain some confidence away from the boo boys (after all out away support isn't that large that it will constantly drown out home fans - and even at home it is only a daft minority).

Rather than using this as yet another excuse to have a go at Kean - why not hit out at the root of the problem - which is this idiotic fans that seem to feel it is right to undermine one of our own players even before he has kicked a ball.

Personally I can see the logic - no player pulling on the blue and white who puts in the effort that Andrews does should receive the treatment he does. His morale must be at an all time low - and possibly Kean (if there is any truth in the article) sees this as a way of enabling him to gain some confidence away from the boo boys (after all out away support isn't that large that it will constantly drown out home fans - and even at home it is only a daft minority).

Rather than using this as yet another excuse to have a go at Kean - why not hit out at the root of the problem - which is this idiotic fans that seem to feel it is right to undermine one of our own players even before he has kicked a ball.

Just when you despair...along comes someone who reads the script properly.

Seriously, Sam was sacked because of results. So in theory, Kean should also get the boot. In times like these, I would rather have the Special Fat One, than the inexperienced One. However, let me rather not start this debate again

I was at the Villa and Wigan away games and Kean was getting a tremendous amount of abuse from our fans. Alot of fans have already lost faith in him. Alot of fans where I sit in the Blackurn End think He is out of his depth and only got the job becasue of his links to JA. The next 3 games will be vital and we need at least 4 points from them or I think the fans will turn on Kean and start chanted Kean Out!!!

There was also a lot of "Steve Kean's Blue and White army chants".

We are a fickle bunch us fans - Sam was never mentioned as being out of his depth - and yet was constantly berated for not having a plan B and the timing of his substitutions (much of what Kean has been accused of). I think Kean has a lot to learn - and I totally agree that the next three matches are crucial for Kean and Rovers - but lots of his faults are apparent faults common to most managers. I don't agree with the diamond formation - but Kean seems to - and how do you get players to believe in your tactics if you constantly change. There may be an element of playing the long game - breaking a few eggs on the way - until we are eventually playing the system in the way he envisages. Not saying he is right - but things are never as black and white as some fans like to paint them.

I take it Kean is 'briefing' nicko as there are no quotes, why? And why bow down to the moronic fringe that boo one of our own players? I'd have morem respect for Kean if he came out and told the 'fans' where to get off and how such actions hurt the whole team.

There was also a lot of "Steve Kean's Blue and White army chants".

We are a fickle bunch us fans - Sam was never mentioned as being out of his depth - and yet was constantly berated for not having a plan B and the timing of his substitutions (much of what Kean has been accused of). I think Kean has a lot to learn - and I totally agree that the next three matches are crucial for Kean and Rovers - but lots of his faults are apparent faults common to most managers. I don't agree with the diamond formation - but Kean seems to - and how do you get players to believe in your tactics if you constantly change. There may be an element of playing the long game - breaking a few eggs on the way - until we are eventually playing the system in the way he envisages. Not saying he is right - but things are never as black and white as some fans like to paint them.

Much of what you say is correct but to play any system, you must have the personell to be able to do it effectively, for a diamond formation, a quality midfield is the key, we clearly havent got that and this I feel is what the supporters of Rovers are seeing, my argument would be, why can't the manager see it?

Players wont believe in anything if the results keep going against them and then the problem intensifies as it becomes difficult to get results, edginess creeps in to the game and the new lads are unable to gel.

To drastically change the system in the way Kean has, in my opinion, should have been done during the pre season and a settled squad playing this week in week out, then at the first game, every player should be familiar with it. Even then though, without the correct personell, it still may not work!

The fans may as you say be fickle or are they correct, preventative management is much better than trying to rectify the situation later.

Seriously, Sam was sacked because of results. So in theory, Kean should also get the boot. In times like these, I would rather have the Special Fat One, than the inexperienced One. However, let me rather not start this debate again

Yeah exactly, he's a lucky man getting the job, thats a fact, but he will get the chance to succeed or fail no matter how much we debate it.

History is not on his side, but I can wait, I just don't want to get relegated.

All football fans are fickle. look at the arsenal fans who were calling for wenger to be sacked and then the fans are all praising him after beating Barcelona.

The fans who boo Andrews are idiots. Andrews works hard and give 100 percentage each time. He not the best techinal but trys. I think the reason why Andrews gets boo is because people seen him as Ince only sign him because he was Ince captain at mk dons. But he is a regualr in the Ireland squad.

This is the time Kean has to prove that he has the ablity to change tactics during a game. But he has got to pick his best 11 players, a formation thats work and style of play thats works. but I said that during Ince time at rovers and look what happen there. I am looking forward to the villa game and I am going to it. I will always support my team through good and bad times.

You are right that there were some chants of 'Steve Kean blue and white army', but I think rovers fans opinion of him is divided just has fans opinion about Big Sam and his tactics was or the sacking of him.

In a article in the NOTW, they are saying that Carrick and Gibson will be sold in the summer. Either one would be a good signing for us. Hopeful we can sign one if/when we stay up.

All football fans are fickle. look at the arsenal fans who were calling for wenger to be sacked and then the fans are all praising him after beating Barcelona.

The fans who boo Andrews are idiots. Andrews works hard and give 100 percentage each time. He not the best techinal but trys. I think the reason why Andrews gets boo is because people seen him as Ince only sign him because he was Ince captain at mk dons. But he is a regualr in the Ireland squad.This is the time Kean has to prove that he has the ablity to change tactics during a game. But he has got to pick his best 11 players, a formation thats work and style of play thats works. but I said that during Ince time at rovers and look what happen there. I am looking forward to the villa game and I am going to it. I will always support my team through good and bad times.

You are right that there were some chants of 'Steve Kean blue and white army', but I think rovers fans opinion of him is divided just has fans opinion about Big Sam and his tactics was or the sacking of him.

In a article in the NOTW, they are saying that Carrick and Gibson will be sold in the summer. Either one would be a good signing for us. Hopeful we can sign one if/when we stay up.

I think its because he is clearly no where near premiership standard.

The manager is not quoted.

But don't let that stop you from having another bout of hysterics.

Let me try to get my head around this. There is a story in the People explaining a rather novel selection policy for the Rovers' first team but the Rovers manager who is good buddies with the writer is not the person who has decided that a Rovers player will not play in home games.

So your story is pure invention then?

Or is Jerome Anderson now picking the Rovers team?

The fans who boo Andrews are idiots. Andrews works hard and give 100 percentage each time. He not the best techinal but trys. I think the reason why Andrews gets boo is because people seen him as Ince only sign him because he was Ince captain at mk dons. But he is a regualr in the Ireland squad.

This is the time Kean has to prove that he has the ablity to change tactics during a game. But he has got to pick his best 11 players, a formation thats work and style of play thats works. but I said that during Ince time at rovers and look what happen there. I am looking forward to the villa game and I am going to it. I will always support my team through good and bad times.

Who do you think you are to call other fans idiots? Many, including me, consider Andrews worse than useless in the Premiership and we are just as entitled to our opinion, and to express it as you are.

Who do you think you are to call other fans idiots? Many, including me, consider Andrews worse than useless in the Premiership and we are just as entitled to our opinion, and to express it as you are.

I honestly don't think Andrews is as bad as some make out - but whichever way you look at it - he is at best a championship player who just got lucky. However - I will never see the point of booing a player who gives 100% for Rovers - can't see how it helps the player or the team. Rather than booing Andrews - why not start up a chant for the opposition - the effect is much the same.

Booing Andrews has been half sucessful. At least we won't have to watch him in home matches so half the effect has been achieved.

How old are you?!

We were having a decent spell in the Tottenham game until the booing of his every touch got to stupid levels in the second half. It makes the whole fanbase look like morons and has an effect on the whole team!

Why boo one of your own players? I just don't understand that. There has been some players we have sign in the last 5 years that I thought wasn't the best players and thought we could have sign other players who was better then we signed but we didn't imo.

Whoever wears a rovers shirt we should support them 100 percentage. I agree that Andrews isn't the best player but is a decent squad player

People who boo Andrews are idiots if they can't realise that it's the last 3 managers who've picked him or do these "idiots" believe Andrews can pick himself for the 1st team. So if you want to express your opinions, which I don't have a problem with, make sure you do it in the right direction!

Let me try to get my head around this. There is a story in the People explaining a rather novel selection policy for the Rovers' first team but the Rovers manager who is good buddies with the writer is not the person who has decided that a Rovers player will not play in home games.

So your story is pure invention then?

Or is Jerome Anderson now picking the Rovers team?

Good buddies? Are you sure?

That's another one for your collection of myths.

Archived