BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - The Aftermath

Rivaldo at 38 is surely too old though? If you don't think a L. Fabiano still in his prime has the apetite, do you really think Rivaldo does?

I wasn't doubting Fabiano's appetite, but he wouldn't be coming here with much to prove.

I appreciate Rivaldo comes with the same issue, but he'd probably be a free transfer. Plus he's a much bigger name, he'd certainly rouse a lot of media interest.

I think the Andy Cole transfer was a bad move by the way, I completely agree with Wenger on spending money on players 30+. Even more so for a club like us, it is simply not sustainable.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regard to the marquee, just maybe Kean has told the owners that the signing must be able to perform for the term of his contract, eliminating the likes of Ronaldo and must fit in with what Kean is trying to achieve, so, unless Formica is a flop singing a marquee AM player would seem a bit pointless, unless of course we sell Formica for more than he cost. ;)

When Fabiano moved to Porto Global Sports were Co owners (third party) whether or not that changed when he moved to Seville is not documented, I'm guessing he still is.Current agent is Jose Fuentes, wonder if a change of agent is on the cards. ;)

As LeChuck points out, there is not that many players around now that fit the model the owners are looking for.

I think in hindsight Cole turned out to be an excellent signing. Scored vital goals, a cup winner. They aren't signings we should make on a routine basis but as one-offs for the right player, totally fine.

If Fabiano fancies the Premiership then he would tick our boxes as he's a quality striker and tick Venky's boxes. If offered the choice I'd have Forlan in a shot though.

I wasn't doubting Fabiano's appetite, but he wouldn't be coming here with much to prove.

I appreciate Rivaldo comes with the same issue, but he'd probably be a free transfer. Plus he's a much bigger name, he'd certainly rouse a lot of media interest.

I think the Andy Cole transfer was a bad move by the way, I completely agree with Wenger on spending money on players 30+. Even more so for a club like us, it is simply not sustainable.

You said you wanted someone more hungry, I read that as you doubting his apetite. I'm sure Kean would want to have a chat with him anyway.

Rivaldo is 38 now, there are a handful of outfield players throughout history who have performed up to par at that age. I don't think it's a marquee signing, that train left the station a while ago - when did you last hear anything of significance with him being involved?

Andrew Cole kept us up and helped win the League Cup, I wouldn't classify that as a bad move considering the situation we were in.

L. Fabiano scored three goals in the latest world cup and has been banging in goals for several seasons in La Liga. Definite marquee signing and worthwhile the investment if the £10m figure is correct. Signing Rivaldo might make us laughing stock (again), signing L. Fabiano won't.

Can´t believe comments on Fabiano. Not good enough to be a marque signing. He has been Brazil´s number one striker since fat Ronaldo and still is. He is only 30 and would have a lot to give for years. He isn´t sexy name like Ronaldinho or Becks. He hasn´t been Pepsi boy world wide but he sure is better player than them now.

I think Elm isn´t linked to us first time. Never seen him playing. Maybe our Swedish friends would know is he good enough to PL.

Widely considered one of the hottest prospects in Sweden. A 22 already a regular for our national squad, although not always starting the games. Creative quick player who can operate both in central midfield or on the right side, in the national team he has mostly been used as a right winger. I think he can even throw the ball long, more competition for MGP with the throw-ins. Would love to see this guy in Rovers, and not just because he is a Swede.

Nicko what are the odds of Fabiano arriving, would he be interested and why is the fee low for a top class striker?

Rovers are in the race, contact has been made to establish they will be in the bidding if he moves.

It depends on the size of the package...and who else is in. If the terms are Ronaldinho level you might have a big chance.

But the fee to Sevilla is much bigger than anything AC Milan wanted for Ronnie.

It's a hard one to crack, but no harm in trying.

Sevilla may trade if they miss out on the Champions League - at his age it is possible that next summer is the maximum sale price from their point of view.

If we want a gala signing from Brazil, why are we looking at the likes of Fabiano? Don't get me wrong he's a good player just a bit old.

I'd far rather they looked at the likes of Ganso and Neymar or even Lucas (no not the liverpool player). They'll be more gala than Fabiano in no time and we could easily make a profit on them, eventually.

It looks obvious that we are going to land a South American player in the summer and probably a Brazilian.This is more about Venkys than Rovers as they seek to expand their business into that region.

I suppose that we are going to have to get used to this and conclude that what is good for Venkys is good for us.

However if the guy doesn't perform, and South American players often struggle in England, will it be possible to drop him?

-

We could do a lot worse than the young Danish lad Ericcson, looked very useful tonight!!

As did Wilshere, but we have no chance of him!!

If you are talking about Christian Eriksen then I agree with you. He is a very bright prospect but he won't leave Ajax yet(maybe only for £15-20m euros). He is the type of midfielder that would strengthen us in many ways.

Rovers are in the race, contact has been made to establish they will be in the bidding if he moves.

It depends on the size of the package...and who else is in. If the terms are Ronaldinho level you might have a big chance.

But the fee to Sevilla is much bigger than anything AC Milan wanted for Ronnie.

It's a hard one to crack, but no harm in trying.

Sevilla may trade if they miss out on the Champions League - at his age it is possible that next summer is the maximum sale price from their point of view.

How much do Sevilla want for him?

This morning's Lancashire Telegraph has quotes from a Venky's Spokesperson that Rovers tried to sign Fabiano after the Ronaldinho move fell through. The spokesperson also tells the LT that it to there is now time to sort out transfer targets. LT also suggests that Rovers may now look at bring in a younger player as it may prove difficult to attract a player of Fabiano's calibre if Rovers are not in Europe.

This morning's Lancashire Telegraph has on quotes from a Venky's Spokesperson that Rovers tried to sign Fabiano after the Ronaldinho move fell through. The spokesperson also tells the LT that it to there is now time to sort out transfer targets. LT also suggests that Rovers may now look at bring in a younger player as it may prove difficult to attract a player of Fabiano's calibre if Rovers are not in Europe.

Ah reality.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but it on Sky text it states both us and Newcastle had bids for Larsson accepted but personal terms could not be agreed. It was always my understanding Birmingham rejected all our offers, or am I wrong?

Sorry if this has been posted already, but it on Sky text it states both us and Newcastle had bids for Larsson accepted but personal terms could not be agreed. It was always my understanding Birmingham rejected all our offers, or am I wrong?

I didnt know people still used teletext!!! :blink:

Newcastle and Sunderland had bids accepted for Larsson. Rovers didn't. And neither did Man City when they tried for him on loan.

So he is a free in the summer - and Rovers would be strong favourites for him then.

Archived