Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS launches branded T-Shirts

Glenn

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Got an email from the club the other day about products in the club shop. These included Rovers based t-shirts parodying other products, including Budweiser. Pretty sure they're not paying any royalties or asking for any permission.

On this basis, would the site be willing to take on my Keith Andrews design?

Bump.

Got an email from the club the other day about products in the club shop. These included Rovers based t-shirts parodying other products, including Budweiser. Pretty sure they're not paying any royalties or asking for any permission.

So what you are saying is you have no clue if the club are playing any royalties. So on that basis you want use copyrighted material. Not sure I see much logic in this argument?

keithandrews.jpg

Still think it's a great design - and it's the kind of thing that could turn Keith into a cult (sp?) hero . Sort of "he might not be a great player, he might not be liked by many but he's one of ours". I definitely felt like that about Robbie Savage but I've NEVER felt it about Keith.

Has anyone looked into whether this might be a goer? It makes me want to go out and buy some Marmite anyway!

Bump.

Nope, as I believe the club is either a. breaking the law or b. has secured the rights to them. I did wonder how I could ask the club's marketing / merchandising teams how those stood legally (same with the film parody adverts they've been doing), but I suspected it was be viewed as me being a troublemaker ;)

Nope, as I believe the club is either a. breaking the law or b. has secured the rights to them. I did wonder how I could ask the club's marketing / merchandising teams how those stood legally (same with the film parody adverts they've been doing), but I suspected it was be viewed as me being a troublemaker ;)

You could always ask Hughesy to do contact the merchandisers. He seems to have a good relationship with them.

Has anyone heard from Hughsey recently? Is he ok?

Can I also add again. i LOVE the design. As Ste says, if only somebody not involved with running BRFCS wanted to open a spreadshirts account as take the risk *cough* Maybe somebody in the US where they have that lovely "fair use" clause in their copyright law..... I'd buy one :)

The US account is up and ready if anyone else can make such funny pictures etc. Let me know.

I am sure admin will post link when all items are added.

Of course 100% of profit will go to this site.

We have a link ?

Feel free to post it yourself. I've just granted you immunity for our "advertising your stuff outside the for sale section" rule :)

... and nice work fella. People can now get the stuff we can't/won't touch and I can sleep at night :)

We have a link ?

Feel free to post it yourself. I've just granted you immunity for our "advertising your stuff outside the for sale section" rule :)

... and nice work fella. People can now get the stuff we can't/won't touch and I can sleep at night :)

I will post it after I have talked to the maker of that fine design and if anyone else had anything they would like to add.

I would like a good selection up and running for choice etc.

Remember US had right of parody, one can get away with a lot.

Is your thong too tight this morning?

Copyright law is of course one of the most broken laws in the world. But it's an easy way to get yourself in to trouble. From what I have seen of this sight "the gods" seem to err on the side of caution. Which is of course the correct way to do it if you are running a business.

Well all know how poorly run the Rovers merchandising is run but it's highly unlikely they will break the law as they are easy targets for being sued.

Well all know how poorly run the Rovers merchandising is run...

...but it's highly unlikely they will break the law as they are easy targets for being sued.

Now who isn't applying logic to their argument?

If the club had asked permission, it would have been likely that the companies in question would've said 'no'. If they had agreed, would Rovers really want to be paying royalty money on t-shirts that may only sell a few hundred when they could design some that wouldn't require permission and legal wrangling? I doubt Budweiser would let their copyrighted material go out for free.

But for the sake of pedantry, no, I've no idea. But I would imagine the club merchandising department have not asked or paid. Just like all the other thousands of parody t-shirts readily available from thousands of outlets across the country and never get sued.

I want the Andrews shirt. Hopefully the designer of that one can come up with some other great designs as well.

I'm on it, but I've got a lot on at the minute. Got nearly a month off in April though, so hang on to your hats I should be able to pull something out the bag.

Looks like someone is already on the boat

EDIT - hasnt asked admin, so no links.

not sure about the whole copyright issue with this one but checked the the commission they're on and looks like they're handing out freebie's on the designs (apart from the spreadshirt costs). :tu:

• 1 month later...

New designs added (btw just noticed the last post, Sijoco do you want to repost that link, kinda interested to see it myself :D )

Bloody hell, somebody snapped up Kean and Lover Rovers / Hate Venkys ones with seconds. Now lets hope somebody buys the "pro" alternatives so I don't feel like we're trying to influence your views

New designs added (btw just noticed the last post, Sijoco do you want to repost that link, kinda interested to see it myself :D )

Bloody hell, somebody snapped up Kean and Lover Rovers / Hate Venkys ones with seconds. Now lets hope somebody buys the "pro" alternatives so I don't feel like we're trying to influence your views

Don't worry Glenn, the poll says it all. You won't be selling many 'pro Kean' one's that's for sure!!

Keep us upto date on sale numbers if you can, would be interested to see how many buy them. also I will spread the word.

A white option would be good and would stand out a lot more too!

Pafell wrote:Pity about the blue & white hoody / t-shirt - pity they couldn't consider such a design. As this could have been unique to Blackburn Rovers. As this could be restricted to

1/ members ony - purchase via the BRFC.CO.UK site alone.

2/ must have username on it.

3/ Sales would increase, of hoodies / t-shirts when others see people wearing such a top. They would maybe join this MB and buy a hoodie / t-shirt

I say this as when I come north from the south, and ask people I meet, do you go on BRFC.co.uk. They all say no. That in my opinion is sad.

It would be good to have a place where members could meet - such as a particular pub. As this could advertise the website, improve content of posts, as others would know who you are and therefore should restrict abuse of other posters. Allow others to get to know each other.

I am aware the latter is maybe a different topic.

what a great idea would be good to get to put faces to names chat about all things to do with the site the t-shirts on all aspects of things I could maybe do something at the Bolton match on the 30th April as I am up for that we could also discuss all aspects of the club. By the way you will notice me at the lanc s derby game with a kean out t-shirt hopefully if it's not sold out.

Glenn on another subject you could ask the london branch of rovers supporters if you could do a t-shirt for them I would definitely get one of those.

Archived