BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let Question of the Week.

• 4 weeks later...

Even if Rovers stay up the majority of people will still not have faith in him.

For me whoever is manager and I would prefer it was not Kean. The next pre season is massive for Rovers, this is when if Rovers want to change their still of play it can be worked on. Trying to change the style of play during the season is madness.

I expect 3 or 4 more players to be brought in as our squad is thin in places. With J Jones and Crocky going back there should be quiet a bit of space in the wage budget. I pray that there are no stories that we want to sign Messi/Beckham/Kaka etc etc. But I am pretty sure there will be :( I would 100% prefer Rovers to buy young players with lots of talent to take the club forward. While I understand that bringing in a Star Name will shift more shirts. I question exactly how many shirts Rovers can sell with out a big push up the table.

As I live in Asia I understand that most Asian fans don't really care about the European competitions due to the very late times they are on TV. But they are still very important to Rovers, playing in the Europa League would certainly put a smile on lots of Rovers fans. :D I have not been around as many on this board as a Rovers fans. I joined like lots of fans when Uncle Jack started to bankroll Rovers. Unlike some fans I forgot to leave we when things went south for Rovers. So I remember and I actually attended a few Champions League games, where Rovers did not perform very well at all. It was still great to see other teams at Ewood and meeting the other teams fans was certainly more pleasant than the general animosity that you receive with other EPL teams fans.

Hopefully the appointment of a Chairperson will give Rovers fan a focus point for questions and the media a contact point for information. This with luck will allow the family to keep out of the media unless they are actually at Ewood.

Sorry for rambling a bit but my hopes for off season.

Stick to the best team he's now found, keep the players motivated, and we'll be fine. None of the teams this season really deserve to go down. Wigan and Blackpool still remain the most likely candidates for me, but even then, both teams have done well this season. We're in for an interesting couple of weeks...

Even if Rovers stay up the majority of people will still not have faith in him.

I believe you are right. But its one of those tricky situations. If he finishes strong these next 7 matches, he could buy himself some breathing room. And maybe, just maybe, create some confidence in the Rovers' supporters.

To do that, though, he needs to get his win percentage well north of 30%. Per wiki, he's currently around 23-24% after 17 matches (4 wins, 4 draws and 9 losses). 4-5 wins in the next 7 matches should do the trick. I really hope he makes it.

reckon if the players show fight and sprit a la saturday were in with a chance regardless of the puppet kean but we need to start scoring and getting a win under our belts..If we stay up or go down Kean and Jensen should go , Kean is totally out of his depth you can only bullshit your way in certain jobs for so long before your found out and he certainly has been found out his record is abysmal and as for Jensen have a look at his last managerial record at that well known club Randers....didnt win a match !

Archived