BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROTEST !

Is anyone considering some sort of protest against owners/sem/anderson/kean/keith andrews ?

What would it take?

I have mentioned what my protest will be but what do other posters feel.

Any protests of course must be entirely lawful. :D so no-one try any funny business eh.

By the way if anyone has had enough and can't even bear to attend games they have already paid for there is a a far better sporting event on April 9th than Rovers v Birmingham, tickets still available all areas.

Get a grip. I care more about the club then Venky's, Kean or any other individual. If you happen to care more about those people then fine, in the meantime I think it'd be best to get behind the team and support our bid to remain in the division. If we go down, then the blame game can start.

The club needs all the fan suppport it can get over the next two months and yet you'd rather stage a protest and encourage fans to stay away..

There are plenty of other football teams in lancashire to support if you can't handle it.

Is anyone considering some sort of protest against owners/sem/anderson/kean/keith andrews ?

What would it take?

Any protests of course must be entirely lawful. :D so no-one try any funny business eh.

By the way if anyone has had enough and can't even bear to attend games they have already paid for there is a a far better sporting event on April 9th than Rovers v Birmingham, tickets still available all areas.

Sorry but I believe that is a pathetic idea. Keeping the club in the prem is what is important. The only way for Rovers supporters to help in that quest, is to support the team in every way we can.

Sorry but I believe that is a pathetic idea. Keeping the club in the prem is what is important. The only way for Rovers supporters to help in that quest, is to support the team in every way we can.

Quite. At the end of the season, whether or not we survive, I suspect there may be protests, and that would be appropriate. However, protests at the moment would be counterproductive. The players, whether you believe it or not, are still playing for the manager and the club. They still believe they, as a team, can survive in the premier league. Anything that we do to suggest that we don't believe that, that we have given up on them, can easily damage that confidence. We all know that confidence can go a long way to helping teams win matches and we should not be putting a spanner in the works in any way

I happen to agree with you but, playing devil's advocate, when would be the time to do something? When it's mathematically all over? When (if) Venkys walk away following relegation? Or do we just bend over before scuttling off back up Bolton Road, grumbling under our breath, as they board the place up? I paint a grim picture but is there a point when you would think it would be time for fans to make their feelings known, in your opinion?

I happen to agree with you but, playing devil's advocate, when would be the time to do something? When it's mathematically all over? When (if) Venkys walk away following relegation? Or do we just bend over before scuttling off back up Bolton Road, grumbling under our breath, as they board the place up? I paint a grim picture but is there a point when you would think it would be time for fans to make their feelings known, in your opinion?

How can venkys walk away, they own the club? Even if the Rovers are relegated, they still own the club and would do so until until somebody bought them out - at a lower price than what they paid for the club.

Protest are for the end of the season, whatever the league position.

How can venkys walk away, they own the club? Even if the Rovers are relegated, they still own the club and would do so until until somebody bought them out - at a lower price than what they paid for the club.

Protest are for the end of the season, whatever the league position.

just selling the club to get rid off it! take a hit in money but don't have to put more money into it. maybe Howard Walker would be us back. just a suggestion.

Or EVEN put the club into administration! which would be the worst option for us the fans.

Until the end of the season, I feel there is little we can do, we appear to be stuck with Kean and Venkys, I do feel though thet the right way would be to hold off buying season tickets until the last minute, it would seriously hamper Venkys cash flow, they would wonder what would happen if only a small percentage renewed and a protest which would hit them financially is one way we could possibly see a reaction, far more than a simple Kean/Venkys out!!

Until the end of the season, I feel there is little we can do, we appear to be stuck with Kean and Venkys, I do feel though thet the right way would be to hold off buying season tickets until the last minute, it would seriously hamper Venkys cash flow, they would wonder what would happen if only a small percentage renewed and a protest which would hit them financially is one way we could possibly see a reaction, far more than a simple Kean/Venkys out!!

If we all sit on the pitch at kick-off for every home game maybe we can delay the end of the season beyond his magical contract.

two options 1-get behind team for any chance of uplifting them or. 2nd - mass flock to go and watch another local lower league team , but this would surely need to be on several occasions and in the masses , might be talking rubbish but like anyone I'm in rovers distress ! I'd personally find it difficult not to support them whilst in relegation battle . but nxt year if same scenario who knows ?

two options 1-get behind team for any chance of uplifting them or. 2nd - mass flock to go and watch another local lower league team , but this would surely need to be on several occasions and in the masses , might be talking rubbish but like anyone I'm in rovers distress ! I'd personally find it difficult not to support them whilst in relegation battle . but nxt year if same scenario who knows ?

Surely going to watch another local league away team would just me the team has no support at matches, leading the players to wonder what the hell is going on, and surely play bad?

The first option is correct, but going to watch Stanley will do what exactly? :unsure:

I keep saying, that there is no point in 'protesting' unless what you are protesting about is made clear to the owners.

agree. no matter how hard we try, or anybody try, the owners will never take note of what we or anybody else tells them. the simplest of things are going un noticed, the easiest and straight forward decisions are being over looked, and the fans are being ignored on a daily basis.

This protest should have happened the day JW walked out of the door, because that is the day that the club lost its foundation. Now its too late to protest, it will just cause more problems and in the current situation, its just down right stupid.

I don't agree with protesting against the owners as I don't see what could be achieved from doing so. There should have been banners and vocal support for 'Kean out!' weeks ago, if there had been i suspect Venky's would have pulled the trigger by now.

We have Arsenal next away, a game which we will likely lose and by a great margin. The next home game is 7 days later against Brum a game which if we lose against Arsenal is a must win six pointer. If we lose against Brum then we are going down imo. With the game being so important the emphasis will be on backing the team and hoping they respond not protesting.

So overall I think the time for protest has long gone.

I don't agree with protesting against the owners as I don't see what could be achieved from doing so. There should have been banners and vocal support for 'Kean out!' weeks ago, if there had been i suspect Venky's would have pulled the trigger by now.

We have Arsenal next away, a game which we will likely lose and by a great margin. The next home game is 7 days later against Brum a game which if we lose against Arsenal is a must win six pointer. If we lose against Brum then we are going down imo. With the game being so important the emphasis will be on backing the team and hoping they respond not protesting.

So overall I think the time for protest has long gone.

Think the time for protest is if we go down , think doing it now may prove counter productive !

I can see both sides. What's the point in protesting when we're already down and the damage has been done? On the flip side we're in a battle and as idiotic as our generals (Venkys + Kean) might be, the soldiers (players + fans) still have a small chance of winning it anyway if we all stick together. So personally I'm not against anyone who does protest but I probably wouldn't join in myself. The time to protest was after Venkys sacked Sam, but only the darwen end bothered.

What would it take?

If you do protest and we do get relegated then i'll consider anyone who took part as a contributing factor. Don't be an ass.

If you do protest and we do get relegated then i'll consider anyone who took part as a contributing factor. Don't be an ass.

I had my "tipping point" moment when we signed the Agents son. But, there's no point. These clowns ain't gonna sack him now.

However, it won't need organising. This is Blackburn Rovers. When people have had enough then "they" will know. What we say on here means little. I doubt it'll be pretty.

Christ, we had bonfires on the Blackburn End to get rid of Bob Saxton and he really did give a sh t.

I had my "tipping point" moment when we signed the Agents son. But, there's no point. These clowns ain't gonna sack him now.

However, it won't need organising. This is Blackburn Rovers. When people have had enough then "they" will know. What we say on here means little. I doubt it'll be pretty.

Christ, we had bonfires on the Blackburn End to get rid of Bob Saxton and he really did give a sh t.

Don't quite remember the bonfires Bob but do remember an interview with the sacked Saxton on the then 'Radio Blackburn', poor Bob was in tears, by Christ, he really did care.

• 2 months later...

Old thread from during the saeason makes interesting reading, now the season is over. how people felt about the owners etc.

Archived