BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If we go down who stays?

Sorry I know this is depressing and we dont really what to think about what could happen but if we did go down....

I really hope we do survive but if i was betting man I wouldnt know which way to go.

So if we went down who would stay and pick you starting 11 of the current crop of players

Bunn

Salgado Nelson Jones Emerton

Diouf Nzonzi Peds

Formica

Rochina Kalnic

That would be a really good side for a championship club and if we play to our potential should come stragiht back up.

I think Robinson,Givet,Samba,Olsson Hoilett would leave. Losing those players though would set us back a good few seasons

I think we may be able to persude Jones to stay for one year if we are very lucky if not Hanley would replace him.

I think that is pretty good team even if peds left we would have morris not sure who would replace Diouf if he went. I imagine we prob look to get rid of Salgado as well because of his wages.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest linganzi

im not sure salgado would be arsed,

and ive no interest in emerton

other than that should be ok

forward line a tad weak for the champo though

That would be a really good side for a championship club and if we play to our potential should come stragiht back up.

It's completely unrealistic. No way would Diouf and Pedersen be here.

Regardless, that team would get eaten alive in the Championship. Formica, Rochina and Kalinic up front? No chance!

Look at the top end of the Championship. Those teams are full of Championship level experience, suited to the style of football down there.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say we'd be candidates for relegation with that team. Just ask Middlesbrough.

Like trying to pin a tail on a break-dancing donkey.

If we go down, will Venky's abandon ship? Will they stay? Will the transfer budget remain the same, maybe it will go up or down? If we change owners, how much will the new people have?

I'm with Le Chuck, if we go down, we'll get hammered every week without reinforcements. Salgado wouldn't know if it was Christmas Day or Easter Monday.

It's completely unrealistic. No way would Diouf and Pedersen be here.

Regardless, that team would get eaten alive in the Championship. Formica, Rochina and Kalinic up front? No chance!

Look at the top end of the Championship. Those teams are full of Championship level experience, suited to the style of football down there.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say we'd be candidates for relegation with that team. Just ask Middlesbrough.

Nor Jones, he wont drop a league!!

• Backroom

I'd imagine from the current crop

Bunn

Ramm Nelsen Hanely Morris

Emerton Nzonzi Dunn Olsson

Benjani Rochina

The likes of Samba, Hoilett, Jones and Robinson will be snapped up straight away whilst I imagine the likes of Kalinic, Formica and Salgado will go back overseas.

I can't see any way back for us should wo go down.

realistic i would go for

Fielding

Emerton Nelsen Hanley Ramm

Doran Nzonzi Dunn formica

Rochina Roberts

subs

gunning

zurab

lowe

andrews

linganzi

benjani

blackman

We could be looking at a good bit of money of if we play hard ball, Jones 10-15million, Diouf + MGP 1mill, Olsson 3million, samba 5million, Robbo 3million, givet £500,00, Kalanic 4Mill Hoilet 5mill so thats round about the 30million mark, so if venkys have like phillip says put something in place incase we get relegated and the money from sales we should be able to add a few new faces and push for promotion if the worst comes to it.

I just saw this and it made me nervous.

http://www.football-news.com/category/Newcastle-United-FC-News/Newcastle-United-reveal-cost-of-relegation-201103300002/

They have a far bigger gate take than we do, we'll be right in the mire surely if we drop.

That said, I just can't see it happening,...

Actually, yes I can.

I think its just blind faith and my heart telling me otherwise.sad.gif

What's the status with the goatee Abbs?

not even a whisker ,the entire head is shaved smoooooooooooooooth as a babys bum........

is the old goetee pic around anywhere lol,ive lost it.

the time to worry is when the goatee arrives. :rover:

I would think the best policy would be get rid of the likes of Emerton, Diouf and Pederson and try to cling on to Fielding, Jones, Hoillet and Olsson. I remember last time we went down we came back stronger as we had a nucleus of talented young players, once Souness came in and got shut of some of the deadwood things improved. The last thing you need is ageing has beens who are on a fortune and have little hunger when you are trying to get out of that league. To be honest I would be quite confident of coming back up as long as the managerial situation was sorted.

I reckon most of the below will be sold/released quickly to cover as much of our loses as possible:

Robinson

Samba

Jones

Givet

Pedersen

Olsson

Hoillet

Kalinic

Salgado

Diouf

Benjani

Ones who may stay? For whatever reason.

Nelsen

Roberts

Emerton

Dunn

Formica

Grella

Rochina

Ones who would defo stay

Bunn

Hanley

Andrews

N'zonzi

Goulon

Potts

Fielding

Either way its pointless - we aint going down!! Positive mental attitude!!

lets try and stay positive maybe just maybe kean can get 3 wins out of the last remaining 8 games ...call it 7 with a likely defeat on saturday........

Birmingham do able..win

Everton away injuries piling up for Moyes...win

take something from Bolton , City at home ..point each game possible gives 41 points going into Wolves away very do able....

not even a whisker ,the entire head is shaved smoooooooooooooooth as a babys bum........

is the old goetee pic around anywhere lol,ive lost it.

the time to worry is when the goatee arrives. :rover:

Abbs, you do realise optimism like that puts you in the same boat as Hughesy????? ;)

Archived