BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] If we go down who stays?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelsen, MGP, Robbo, Roberts, Kalinic, Jones, Olsson would all stay...

Either way its pointless - we aint going down!! Positive mental attitude!!

Strange to say, I think this is true. We have some players who are loyal Rovers, IMO.

Which is one reason I think we'll survive this season, even if its a close one.

I know I'll stick around when we go down.

Ditto.

Don't forget Myles Anderson

:D

I think the likes of Jones, Samba, Hoilett, Robinson and Olsson would all be off.

Team;

Bunn, Emerton, Nelson, Hanley, Givet, Diouf, Dunn, Nzonzi, Peds, Niko, Roberts.

We might lose one or two more from that list, perhaps Niko and Pedo? Can't see there being a mass of interest in our starting lineup from the big boys there.

:D

I think the likes of Jones, Samba, Hoilett, Robinson and Olsson would all be off.

Team;

Bunn, Emerton, Nelson, Hanley, Givet, Diouf, Dunn, Nzonzi, Peds, Niko, Roberts.

We might lose one or two more from that list, perhaps Niko and Pedo? Can't see there being a mass of interest in our starting lineup from the big boys there.

Well, we'd get relegated again because there's no chance that team would score enough goals to stay up. roberts, well we all know about him and Kalinic apparently can't hit a barn door with a banjo (yes, i know he's our top scorer, but that's what I've heard)

It's difficult to predict who would stay or not if we do end up being relegated, there are so many things to consider such as does the player want to leave, are clubs interested in a particular player etc. I'll give it a go though.

Players I think will definitely go:

Robbo- Far too good for the Championship, clubs will be interested.

Samba- I can see clubs wanting him.

Jones- Future England international, big clubs will be hovering.

Olsson- Clubs will be interested in a player who can play two positions.

Givet- Taking the club to court, rumours last season he wants to go back to France. I can see him pushing for a move.

Jones- Back to Germany.

Hoilett- Far too good for the Championship, will leave on a cut price deal after we failed to secure him to a new contract.

Kalinic- I think there is a good chance he will push for a move. Allardyce wouldn't play him neither will Kean. Expecting someone to take a punt on him, play him more often and he will do reasonably well.

Roque- Back to City.

Diouf- Back to United.

Players who I think would stay even if we end up being relegated:

Bunn

Kean

Fielding

Salgado

Emerton

Nelsen

Hanley

Morris

Diouf

Doran

Dunny

N'zonzi

Lowe

Grella (when does his contract run out?)

Pedersen

Formica (no clue what will happen to him)

Roberts

Rochina

Kean from all I've heard could be a real gem in goal, Bunn has done a decent job when he has come in and Fielding could still be at the club though there are reports Derby are interested.

Nelsen will stay until the end of his career imo, unless the club decide they want him out. Hanley is young and will want to stay for another season.

Salgado will be staying as he is getting towards the end of his career and there is too much money for him to consider leaving. Emerton is loyal I can see him staying and trying to get us back up. Morris I can see staying.

Diouf will come back from Rangers in the summer, too much money at stake for him to leave and I'm not sure any other club would want him. Doran might see if he can make the place his own.

Dunny will stay he is Mr Blackburn, can't see a club taking a punt on him now as he is way too injury prone. N'Zonzi has had a really poor season so I can't see clubs being interested immediately and Lowe has put in a few decent performances and has a chance to win a position. Grella, we are stuck with until his contract runs out.

Pedersen we are stuck with after giving him a bumper contract, you never know Stoke might be interested in a one trick set piece pony.

Roberts is another player we are stuck with, I think even he would struggle to score goals on a consistent basis in the Championship, he is a terrible player. Rochina is young and I can see him staying for one season.

Well, we'd get relegated again because there's no chance that team would score enough goals to stay up. roberts, well we all know about him and Kalinic apparently can't hit a barn door with a banjo (yes, i know he's our top scorer, but that's what I've heard)

To be fair, I feel both Niko and Roberts could score plenty of goals in the championship between them.

Jay bothroyd has scored plenty, enough said.

I intend to stay, like the last half dozen times we went down. The players will come and go whether we stay up or not. An interesting discussion but I intend to get back to FM2011, it seems more real and Grella doesn't get injured. :lol:

if we go down, we the fans will stay, the club will still be here for us to support. Its inevitable, that our better players will want to leave.

If we do get relegated, the best way to go straight back up, is to buy the very best championship players. The teams who narrowly failed to get promoted, target those players. Its not all doom and gloom, but i still reckon we will stay up.

Roberts would be class in the championship.

He would. In fact he'd be one of few (realistic) players I'd try desperately to hang to. Proven at that level and has the physical attributes to cope.

Useless at this level though!

Think positive. As long as we do no worse than the teams below us we stay up. If they lose all 8 then we can lose all 8 and still stay up. Surely there must be 3 teams below us that we can match during this run in.

Our 1 point buffer and our goal difference are the vital factors in this statement. If we get d!cked against Arsenal then that could spell real trouble. Lose by the odd goal and we're still hanging on in there.

If I was Kean I'd shake Wenger's hand before the match and say that if they promised not to cream us then we'd give them the points and not clog their best players.

Just trying to be positive :rolleyes:

Surely there must be 3 teams below us that we can match during this run in

The form table suggests we're not capable of matching any team under Kean.

If we get a sound beating tomorrow we might be in the relegation zone, in which case we'll have to out-perform teams.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic. :(

• 3 weeks later...

If we don't escape, IMO, it will be a stampede out of Rovers.

These last few days alone, I've heard speculation about three of our real assets and the clubs where they are likely to end up.

Make no mistake, relegation will, IMO, see a rape and pillage of our finest assets.

This is not scaremongering but fact.

We will be left with the dross.

If we do go down then I would like us to get either Karl Robinson, Kenny Jackett, Keith Hill or Billy Davies as manager if we are in the championship!!!

we need someone who understand the Championship and lower leagues for us to sign players from!

If we don't escape, IMO, it will be a stampede out of Rovers.

These last few days alone, I've heard speculation about three of our real assets and the clubs where they are likely to end up.

Make no mistake, relegation will, IMO, see a rape and pillage of our finest assets.

This is not scaremongering but fact.

We will be left with the dross.

pretty obvious

next season =

fielding

salgado (crippling wages)

hanley

givet (crippling wages)

morris

emerton (crippling wages)

grella (cripple)

andrews (cripple)

pedersen (crippling wages/this relegations ostenstad)

roberts

rochina

pretty obvious

next season =

fielding

salgado (crippling wages)

hanley

givet (crippling wages)

morris

emerton (crippling wages)

grella (cripple)

andrews (cripple)

pedersen (crippling wages/this relegations ostenstad)

roberts

rochina

The muppetts above wont take us back up FACT

• Moderation Lead

We'll lose Hoilett, P Jones, Robinson, Samba, Kalinic at the very least.

MB Diouf/J Jones/RSC all back to their parent clubs.

We will need a hell of a lot of subsidising for the likes of Pedersen/Givet/Salgado and their wage packets as well :rolleyes:

I don't know. I think we would be able to hold onto P Jones until Jan at least. Formica and Rochina would stay. Nelsen would stay. Nzonzi... I think we could keep Olsson too. ANd to be honest a lot of the academy players could hack it in the Championship I think. Just because I am bored it would not be unreasonabe - imo - to have....

-------------------------Roberts

----Olsson----------Rochina-------Formica

---------------Pedersen------Nzonzi

----Morris-----Nelsen-----Hanley---Ramm

------------------------Fielding

That would probably be okay in the Championship - provided Rochina, Morris,.Ramm and Formica fulfill their promise ( a bit of a big ask). Plus we have the likes of Lowe and Blackman knocking about. So I would not be too disheartened. Luckily for us we are at a time when we seem to have comparatively good young talent coming through.

Of our players only P Jones, Hoilett, Robinson and Samba are going to seem really attractive to other clubs. Nzonzi, Kalinic and Olsson might fit into the 'take a punt' category but they are hardly ones who are going to make other clubs pay a premium so it comes down to whether we will take a modest fee.

The big issue for us is Grella and Salgado etc who wont be playing that much and on big wages.

If someone wanted to take the likes of Pedersen and Emerton off us (something I actually doubt) then that would be good as we could better spend the money elsewhere.

Plus to put a bit of an optimistic slant on things the sale of Samba, Robinson, Jones, Hoilett and Kalinic would raise the best part of 30m quid (thats quite conservative as Jones should go for 10m + on his own), and we would get the parachute payments so we would have a massive financial edge over the rest of the league.

None of the other clubs who go down have those sorts of assets to sell.

I don't know. I think we would be able to hold onto P Jones until Jan at least. Formica and Rochina would stay. Nelsen would stay. Nzonzi... I think we could keep Olsson too. ANd to be honest a lot of the academy players could hack it in the Championship I think. Just because I am bored it would not be unreasonabe - imo - to have....

-------------------------Roberts

----Olsson----------Rochina-------Formica

---------------Pedersen------Nzonzi

----Morris-----Nelsen-----Hanley---Ramm

------------------------Fielding

That would probably be okay in the Championship - provided Rochina, Morris,.Ramm and Formica fulfill their promise ( a bit of a big ask). Plus we have the likes of Lowe and Blackman knocking about. So I would not be too disheartened. Luckily for us we are at a time when we seem to have comparatively good young talent coming through.

Of our players only P Jones, Hoilett, Robinson and Samba are going to seem really attractive to other clubs. Nzonzi, Kalinic and Olsson might fit into the 'take a punt' category but they are hardly ones who are going to make other clubs pay a premium so it comes down to whether we will take a modest fee.

The big issue for us is Grella and Salgado etc who wont be playing that much and on big wages.

If someone wanted to take the likes of Pedersen and Emerton off us (something I actually doubt) then that would be good as we could better spend the money elsewhere.

Plus to put a bit of an optimistic slant on things the sale of Samba, Robinson, Jones, Hoilett and Kalinic would raise the best part of 30m quid (thats quite conservative as Jones should go for 10m + on his own), and we would get the parachute payments so we would have a massive financial edge over the rest of the league.

None of the other clubs who go down have those sorts of assets to sell.

You must be good judge of a player- how do you know Formica will make any sort of an impression on the evidence to date ? Rochina's almost in the same situation, I've seen plenty of players create a good impression on their debut and then just fade away.

Archived