SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROTEST!

BPF

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Brom, anyone?

To be fair West Brom have a good manager aswell as a bit of new manager bounce.

But I firmly believe if we brought anyone vaguely suitable in, they'd at least be able to scrape a win and a couple of draws. I just can't see us winning again this season under Kean. Even against Blackpool and Birmingham, it's needed the opposition scoring to kick us into action. We haven't looked like winning for a very, very long time.

All we have seen so far from the "Do it now" brigade is how it will produce a "new manager bounce"........Wonderful stuff!!. OK let's sack Kean tonight and get a new manager in tomorrow. Oh but wait......who are we going to get? Is he going to be the right man? Will he want to take on this absolutely poisoned chalice of a job at such short notice and with so few games left in which to acclimatise and get the team playing his way? Which decent manager fit for the job is going to even be interested in such a task?

Right now there's a set of very pertinent questions. Who amongst you has any pertinent answers? Come on let's hear them.......

All we have seen so far from the "Do it now" brigade is how it will produce a "new manager bounce"........Wonderful stuff!!. OK let's sack Kean tonight and get a new manager in tomorrow. Oh but wait......who are we going to get? Is he going to be the right man? Will he want to take on this absolutely poisoned chalice of a job at such short notice and with so few games left in which to acclimatise and get the team playing his way? Which decent manager fit for the job is going to even be interested in such a task?

Right now there's a set of very pertinent questions. Who amongst you has any pertinent answers? Come on let's hear them.......

You speak like everyone in the game is a lover of football, when it's evident that money talks.

Any manager could take this job with the right pay-packet and not have a blemish on their CV, as the argument is just as you've said - "I didn't have enough time."

It's getting very close to the time where it could be too late, but it isn't too late just yet... If they lined up O'Neill or Benitez tomorrow, at least they tried something. Right now, they're happy with THIS situation! And this situation is sending us down!

We don't even need a decent manager. Someone vaguely competent. Give them a 500k for a months' work. Hughton, Curbishley, hell I'd even take Joe Kinnear right now. People would laugh but hell at least he's a football manager.

Right now Kean is taking us down. Anyone who has managed a Premier League club before for a season or longer would be an improvement. If you've lasted a season without getting the sack in this league chances are you've done something right somewhere along the way.

Do nothing would not be an option to any half decent business person.

Tony Parkes has forgotten more than Kean ever knew !

TP would relish the challenge - he is a man with REAL passion for Rovers and who the support would immediately RESPECT & RELATE TO.

I have come round to the conclusion that Kean should probably be replaced.

Better late (even this late) than never!

venkys were the ones who put kean in the job because their did not have a plan on who to replace Sam allardyce with. The owners did not know how to run a football club. They sacked a proven experience chairman in John Williams and still have not replace him. Why have they not sacked a #### manager and replace him with a proven manager. Because they are clearly not bother about us and spending money on the club! Why don't they come to games anymore? clearly not interest now because we are losing and not winning. they haven't come to talk to the fans face and face or to the club's fans forum either.

I still think they will sell us because they see it has business investment that is not working and will take the loss of buying the club and sell us to the first person who wants us!

If they sold Samba, Jones and Hoilett, they'd get their money back. That's the worry now.

Do nothing would not be an option to any half decent business person.

Tony Parkes has forgotten more than Kean ever knew !

TP would relish the challenge - he is a man with REAL passion for Rovers and who the support would immediately RESPECT & RELATE TO.

That is the ONLY possibility that might just have chance of success at this late stage in the season. It might JUST be worth putting feelers out in that direction; but then again is it even remotely likely that the Venky's (who dont know Tony Parkes from Adam) are going to kick Kean out for him? It is not as if they have JW there any more to advise them, and only Dunn of our present set of players has any knowledge of him, so there is little chance of the players calling for that one to happen.

That is the ONLY possibility that might just have chance of success at this late stage in the season. It might JUST be worth putting feelers out in that direction; but then again is it even remotely likely that the Venky's (who dont know Tony Parkes from Adam) are going to kick Kean out for him? It is not as if they have JW there any more to advise them, and only Dunn of our present set of players has any knowledge of him, so there is little chance of the players calling for that one to happen.

So Phil Jones has no clue who Tony Parks is? :wacko::blink::wacko:

I agree that a protest is futile. Purely because Venkys still wouldn't sack Kean.

But are people just supposed to roll over at accept what's happening?

We have Nicko, we have people on here with media connections. Surely there's a story in all this?

Its going to have to be a protest, where every single fan takes part in. It will be no use, if only a handful are protesting. The message needs to be loud and clear, and that is that we DON'T want baldy in charge.

No one can deny 5k fans protesting will not make a difference at least in coverage. But we wont.

I fear our club is currently on life-support which ends within 5 matches at the most. I pray that there is a miracle and somehow a few isolated incidents of skill and luck (lots of it) helps us.

Here's a suggestion.

Instead of "protesting", How about people get their heads out of their arses, support the team and wait until the seasons end to have a protest?

You never know, we might stay up. But protesting now and putting an even bigger downer on the atmosphere on match day is counter productive beyond belief.

"so you expect us to do nothing whilst our club goes down the swanny?" No, support your team and see what happenes.

Patience is a virtue.

We have got behind the side superbly in this horrendous run. More so than most other fans who would have been baying for blood after the @#/? we have had to put up with this year.

Ok, we do it at the end of the season, so if we are down, what would be the point? Twenty years of hard work would be over in an instant.

When does this protest happen at the end of the season? In the away end at Wolves? Or do we all march on a deserted Ewood on the Sunday night?

We have got behind the side superbly in this horrendous run. More so than most other fans who would have been baying for blood after the @#/? we have had to put up with this year.

Ok, we do it at the end of the season, so if we are down, what would be the point? Twenty years of hard work would be over in an instant.

When does this protest happen at the end of the season? In the away end at Wolves? Or do we all march on a deserted Ewood on the Sunday night?

supported superbly? Chants of "you don't know what you're doing" berating Andrews, and to top it off "Steve Keans a knob head I wanna go home"

Great fans...

Anytime after the seasons ended or when we're actually mathematically down.

Until then, my opinion is get behind the team, show some support and be the "12th man" might actually do some good.

Exactly right. What is the point of protesting if relegated? No point at all.

Something needs to change, simple as that. The time for talking and headless chicken supporting and blind faith have long gone.

Remove Kean. Unite the club.

supported superbly? Chants of "you don't know what you're doing" berating Andrews, and to top it off "Steve Keans a knob head I wanna go home"

Great fans...

Until then, my opinion is get behind the team, show some support and be the "12th man" might actually do some good.

It was Steve Kean's a wa***r but oh well!

And we shouldn't have to worry about being mathematically down. That's why people are so angry.

I can barely remember people singing 'you don't know what you're doing'. They wouldn't be far off though would they?

The fans would have been within their rights to protest after the Blackpool and Birmingham games but didn't. The response at 2-0 down was remarkably restrained.

I went to Everton. The fans were bleeding superb for the majority. Then, it got more toothless, we were getting battered, the game was over. Then people turned. After paying 30 quid a ticket, 15 quid to get there then food/drink they have a right to voice their opinion as our manager makes another clueless sub, before insulting the fans with his deluded post match interview.

Him taking the credit for Sam's home record shows what a man he is. He deserves everything he gets! He treats us like mugs. 'Superb in the first half v Everton, should have been 1-0 up' he said. All without having a shot.

The man is a tool

Great fans...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

These sort of chants have only appeared of late, as our lack of points has a deleterious impact on our league placing. You want everyone to bury their heads in the sand like you and simply hope for the best? Our fans have been hugely tolerant, respectful and understanding. They have been well in their rights to complain vociferously weeks ago. Our plight has been blatantly obvious to some for weeks, nigh months.

How anyone can still hope for the best with a total novice in charge defeats logic. He was never going to do well. Got it now? Never. He has no ability or history or qualifications. How anyone could believe in him right from the word go defies reason, unless it was purely 'Anyone But Sam'.

What the Kean supporters fail to understand, is that knowledgeable football fans expressed their reservations 14 matches ago and have seen nothing to date to change initial viewpoints. In fact it has all gone just about as badly as expected.

Many of us were hoping he would be sacked after Wigan, or Fulham, or Villa, or Blackpool or Birmingham....ie ages ago. There is no point complaining after the season ends. Zero point at all.

Here's a suggestion.

Instead of "protesting", How about people get their heads out of their arses, support the team and wait until the seasons end to have a protest?

You never know, we might stay up. But protesting now and putting an even bigger downer on the atmosphere on match day is counter productive beyond belief.

"so you expect us to do nothing whilst our club goes down the swanny?" No, support your team and see what happenes.

Patience is a virtue.

What u think people have been doing? We've prob had better away support than any other time of the season, sold out at wigan, fulham and arsenal and another good support at everton.

I hate Rovers fans. Absolutely crap.

Our fan site has t-shirts about sacking our manager and hating our owners and the general concensus is to protest against a manager who isn't going to be sacked, 5 games from the end of the season when all it can achieve is to breed negativity and send us down. Grow the fuc|< up and get behind your team to keep us in this division!

I agree. I mean I'm always incredibly positive at the ground, to the point where I'm still unsure about joining in with any protests. But you can afford to have that attitude and treat your "job" as being just supporting the team if you have full trust in your chairman/owners to make the hard choices and do the sensible things. I had 100% trust in John Williams to do that when he was in charge, I supported Ince even in that last game at Wigan away because he still represented this club and I trusted John to know when he had to go before things became dangerous. For me that time with Kean was after Blackpool at home and with Venkys giving off an air that they're barely paying attention, never mind hovering their hand over the axe, I've been expecting the fans to explode ever since. The fact that its taken so long and the support was still amazing on Saturday shows the loyalty and dedication of our fans. However I wouldn't blame anyone for a vociferous protest at this point if its the only way to save our season.

Archived