BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROTEST!

BPF

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting to the end of the season to protest is wasting time. Venky's need to know now how supporters feel.

The City match is a good stage to show them and the TV cameras that fans are sick and fed up with the mismanagement of the club.

As many big banners as possible should do the trick - if you can get them into the ground.

KEAN AND VENKY'S OUT says it all.

Unlikely to happen but it might - just might - provoke some reaction in Pune.

Waiting to the end of the season to protest is wasting time. Venky's need to know now how supporters feel.

The City match is a good stage to show them and the TV cameras that fans are sick and fed up with the mismanagement of the club.

As many big banners as possible should do the trick - if you can get them into the ground.

KEAN AND VENKY'S OUT says it all.

Unlikely to happen but it might - just might - provoke some reaction in Pune.

Also as the only Premier League game on that day it will be beamed live in India via Star Sports or ESPN, good way to get a message across to Indian people that Rovers fans are not happy with what Venky's are doing to the club! Sorry if I sound like a broken record, the best/only way to apply some influence on Venky's is to get them negative PR within India.

Also as the only Premier League game on that day it will be beamed live in India via Star Sports or ESPN, good way to get a message across to Indian people that Rovers fans are not happy with what Venky's are doing to the club! Sorry if I sound like a broken record, the best/only way to apply some influence on Venky's is to get them negative PR within India.

Everybody wear a white t shirt with large Kean out printed on it. A lot of fans doing that would be beamed world wide.

I'd say Bolton would be a better showcase for this. Why? Well, because only the HARDCORE go to Rovers vs. Bolton. Rovers vs. United or City is gonna be full of people who are just there to see City and United's mega-stars and don't really care about Blackburn Rovers.

I've seen too many "supporters" at Ewood during these games who seem to be more interested in what the opposition do, rather than us. With Bolton, no "superstars" means more seats for TRUE Rovers fans.

Venky's out? How does that work then? The trust spent years trying to sell us. They're going to be the owners whether we like it or not. We might as well look supportive otherwise they might not bother to put any more money in.

Kean is the one that needs to go. If we get a competent manager then we can be a good club again. Venky's just need to sort that out.

Aim the protest at Kean, make his position at the club impossible.

I thought that was the whole point of this protest?

I'm all for Venky's owning us if they do it right. I don't even mind us being the vehicle for their chicken brand. But they need to understand they're running a football club, which requires football knowledge. Mistake number one is hiring Kean.

I'm concerned that if we DO stay up, they'll praise him for being the mastermind...

venkys were the ones who put kean in the job because their did not have a plan on who to replace Sam allardyce with. The owners did not know how to run a football club. They sacked a proven experience chairman in John Williams and still have not replace him. Why have they not sacked a #### manager and replace him with a proven manager. Because they are clearly not bother about us and spending money on the club! Why don't they come to games anymore? clearly not interest now because we are losing and not winning. they haven't come to talk to the fans face and face or to the club's fans forum either.

I still think they will sell us because they see it has business investment that is not working and will take the loss of buying the club and sell us to the first person who wants us!

We should all take them joke plastic chickens in to ewood on monday and set fire to them all at once or put nooses round their necks.

Best suggestion yet, Abbey. Every supporter waving a chicken with its head in a noose.

Pity we cannot have a giant flag like the Rovers one that goes all over the Blackburn End with the message on it.

Venky's out? How does that work then? The trust spent years trying to sell us. They're going to be the owners whether we like it or not. .

Don't you think Venky's have done enough damage already without worrying about their sensitivities ?

I couldn't care less if the protests upsets them or not - they have screwed up big time and need to be told so.

I thought that was the whole point of this protest?

I'm all for Venky's owning us if they do it right. I don't even mind us being the vehicle for their chicken brand. But they need to understand they're running a football club, which requires football knowledge. Mistake number one is hiring Kean.

I'm concerned that if we DO stay up, they'll praise him for being the mastermind...

The first mistake was walker family sell to them! the owners can talk the talk but can't walk the walk! not blaming the walkers tho!

second mistake was sacking SA!

third mistake was not having a plan on who to replace him with. no plan b if first choice said no!

fourth mistake appointing Kean!

fifth mistake letting the best chairman in the PL leave!

Why arent all Rovers fans willing to do everything to make something happen? If I lived in Blackburn Id be out any time to have my voice heard.

I really cannot believe MY club is in this situation. Worse than any nightmare where your voice is not heard.

I cant believe how incompetent the owners are that they cant see our relegation. I saw it in January.

It's not Kean's fault.

It's Venkys' fault. "The buck stops here."

Protests must be aimed at the owners and not at one of their puppets.

I take your point but how will that help in the short term? If we can finally get them to see sense and replace the manager the situation is still retrievable

If Kean were to be sacked he could have no complaints at all, it's a results driven business.

However only the owners can make that decision and if they decide he's to remain in charge for the rest of the season then for the team to have the best chance of survival the fans need to get behind him or at least cut out the negative chanting towards him and or the owners unless and until all hope is gone.

It's counter productive to boo the manager and/or the owners at such a critical stage of the season. Gav's quite right and I'm amazed a few more people don't seem to be in agreement despite the lynch mob mentality that now pervades this m/b.

Well I for one fully agree with that Rev. I have posted several times along those lines. To change the manager at this stage in the season would do more harm than good in the short term and would not allow the players to settle to any new managers ways. Like it or not (and I certainly dont) we are stuck with Steve Kean for the rest of this season and wherever that takes us. Time to reveiew and change if necessary at the end of this season. Far from ideal, but this famous old club has survived similar several times in the past and has always come back fighting. It is all part and parcel of being a true Rovers fan.

There are many cases of results improving after a walking dead manager has been sacked and in view of Kean's miserable record I would contend that we could not do any worse if we had no manager from now to the end of the season and let the players take charge. Kean is not going to turn this around so as Mrs Desai said with regards to Sam Allardyce: why not sack him now ?

To change the manager at this stage in the season would do more harm than good in the short term

I disagree. How could things possibly get any worse? We haven't won since January and don't look like winning again until the end of the season. How often does a team win after a manager has been sacked? It could not possibly give us any less chance of survival than we have under Kean.

Archived