BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] PROTEST!

BPF

fife rover what do u mean 'time to change it at the end of season if necessary'? are you suggesting we should stick with him if we stay up? i cant believe the blinkers some people wear concerning this

man, hes a grade A numbskull.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand your outlook RevidgeBlue, the only trouble is, we are heading for the exit with Kean in charge anyway. If you have a look at the fixtures and the teams we play, we have no chance of staying up with Kean in charge. So, I say we bite the bullet now, protest en masse before the game (not on the match day but on Saturday for example), try and get a change and if it works then great. If it doesn't then, we save all the stick for after the city game WHEN we get beat and try and back the PLAYERS during the City game itself in the hope that we may nick a result.

What does everyone think?

Easter Saturday - organised protest - STEVE KEAN OUT? Let's get it sorted...

Well I'll tell you what I think that will do..............It will simply cause massive disruption and total loss of morale amongst all the players; and just at a time when they need to feel that ALL the supporters are behind them. It simply wont work to try and have them believe that we are only against Steve Kean. It is simply not in human nature to make that kind of distinction at a time like this. They (the players) NEED to fell that everyone is pulling together in the same direction and that has to be without exception.

What will a protest achieve?

Change of manager? No. Because there is no point at this stage of the season. No manager can come in and effect a miracle turn around with a bunch of internationals, some of whom might actually benefit from a Rovers relegation if they don't fancy life with the new bloke.

New manager. Complete turnaround. No chance. Because if you get rid of Kean, you have to replace him with someone who is going to make a difference with no margin for error.

Anyway, protest on. Venkys aren't going to unseat him. They will lose too much face and, let's not forget, there are four teams below us, two of whom, we are still to play. If we were adrift at the bottom with nothing to lose, it might be possible that there would be a change of manager. At the moment, you might as well protest about the weather.

The club I have supported for twenty years, you say. Try lifetime. (Or forty-seven years.) A lifetime, like my kids, and their grandad, and his grandad and the whole lot of them. Born Rovers supporters, not fans. I shed no tears for those crying over your 'club what's been wrecked'. Ask yourself, who is doing the wrecking now?

Pity you weren't there when we were relegated to third tier. Last game of the 78/79 season. Fred Pickering caretaker manager, I remember. A few thousand of us - there were only around 5000 at the game - held our own protest at the end of the game. It was a protest in SUPPORT of the club. They couldn't move us out of the Blackburn End. Chanting our support for the team and club for the best part of an hour. There was no 'sack the board' or blaming everyone in sight. And I read some of the attention-seeking tear-jerking sob stories on here about how we should save the club and wonder how many on this board were in the crowd at the end of that season. Maybe you should post your views on what's happening now.

In my opinion, there is only one way you can uphold our proud tradition. Stop pretending we are Newcastle United or Liverpool. Protests at Ewood won't make too many media waves.

Instead lets get behind the team and every player for the whole game. Let's make our voices heard in support of the team where we can make the most difference. Not on your keyboard, but at the match. Support the lads and get it loud to the season's end.

Absolutely spot-on! People need to start thinking things through properly before they go off on an emotionally inspired rant.

I thought that was the whole point of this protest?

I'm all for Venky's owning us if they do it right. I don't even mind us being the vehicle for their chicken brand. But they need to understand they're running a football club, which requires football knowledge. Mistake number one is hiring Kean.

I'm concerned that if we DO stay up, they'll praise him for being the mastermind...

I also have no problems with venkys owning the club. BUT they are treating the club like a toy and not a decent business. If they want to use it for their publicity - so be it. But for that to work the club has first of all to be successful on the pitch. That would then generate success off the pitch, give the venkys their desired 'advertisement'.

But until they start to understand the above, fans will always be against them. Even now they have a chnace to rescue the situation - but refuse to do so.

If only somebody could get them to listen or to help them out for the sole motive of Rovers. They need to let others - proper football people - to get beside them - who have no hidden agendas / in it for money sakes - but for the sake of rovers as a club and as a business.

The sad situation is that their business could fail in five games time - which means there is still fives game ' lifeline ' to turn things around. If and only IF they act now.

But Steve Kean is not the answer for the predicament that Rovers are in now. Replacing him now - because HE has failed in the job given to him. Venky's gave him a chance to see if he could manage a premiership football club. But HE has shown us all he is not capable.

I venky's read this board, I say to them "Steve Kean has let you and everybody else down by the shambolic job he has done, He does not deserve to be employed by you - He must be sacked NOW".

No emotional rants here, only a cold sober realisation that we're going down and there is nothing lost by venting our feelings at the stupidity of the owners and the incompetance of the manager. Protests are good, they're therapeutic and they can be effective. I would urge all Rovers supporters to shout loud and long at the City match against this benighted regime. And bring the banners and T-shirts too.

I disagree with that. It may not work, thats for sure, but history suggests that it could work also. Often, a team's results will improve when a new manager comes in and the relief amongst the fans will be palpable if they sacked Kean. This would make for a cracking atmosphere and lead to a sense of hope. With two home games coming up, this could result in 2 wins, which might be enough to keep us up. Surely its worth a go as the alternative is certain relegation. Also, if we bring in a new guy and get relegated, there may be some positivity for next season and people might actually buy season tickets. I can only see positives in sacking him.

Where are we going to get a new manager from before the next game? It takes time to identify the right man for a start and even if we can do that in the space of a week, there has to be interviews and the candidates are going to have some very tough questions of their own for the club to answer before they are going to commit to the almost impossible task of keeping us in the EPL. Also they are going to want cast iron assurances that they will not get any of the blame or suffer any sort of consequences if (as is VERY likely at this stage) they fail to keep us up.

It matters not who takes charge for the next game just as long as it isn't him, we have no direction at this moment in time, the whole club from top to bottom including us fans needs a lift from somewhere otherewise relegation is inevitable. Pot him, we have nothing left to lose, we may go down fighting unlike the whimper we are suffering.

It matters not who takes charge for the next game just as long as it isn't him, we have no direction at this moment in time, the whole club from top to bottom including us fans needs a lift from somewhere otherewise relegation is inevitable. Pot him, we have nothing left to lose, we may go down fighting unlike the whimper we are suffering.

Kean needs to be shown the door and the players put in charge. We don't need a manager and I suspect the players would put up a better fight on their own without the gormless Scot at the helm. At present we are going down without a fight and it needs supporters to make their feelings known, starting against City.

What are the rules on banners and such inside the stadium? IE: Can we not hang one behind the goals at the Blackburn End on the metal fence at the bottom?

If it covers up advertising then they won't allow it. Companies pay good amounts to advertise and don't like it when you can't see them.

Kean needs to be shown the door and the players put in charge. We don't need a manager and I suspect the players would put up a better fight on their own without the gormless Scot at the helm. At present we are going down without a fight and it needs supporters to make their feelings known, starting against City.

I'm pretty sure the players went under their own initiative under Sam at times. Their football was nothing like what Sam had instilled at times. No reason why they couldn't do it again.

I agree with this though. Or even Tony Parkes... he's a scout, if I remember rightly?

Well I for one fully agree with that Rev. I have posted several times along those lines. To change the manager at this stage in the season would do more harm than good in the short term and would not allow the players to settle to any new managers ways. Like it or not (and I certainly dont) we are stuck with Steve Kean for the rest of this season and wherever that takes us. Time to reveiew and change if necessary at the end of this season. Far from ideal, but this famous old club has survived similar several times in the past and has always come back fighting. It is all part and parcel of being a true Rovers fan.

100% agree fife! and mark read.

im bewildered how people even think of protesting, at this time.

what will it acheive ? nothing!

BPF.. get a grip and a life if possible. stop trying to stir things up. you seem to be getting a huge kick out of the negative situation, im sure its arousing you and your spirits!

YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK IMPORTANT AND LOOKING FOR A CAUSE... youre not alone on here.. but i question your morals and suggest you stick to being a supporter.. if you are a true one!

You lot took the words out of my mouth about the t-shirt maybe someone at brfcs can design a Kean out t-shirt make our feelings known & the training session is on tuesday not wednesday Wooosh!

Already on it !

Venky's out? How does that work then? The trust spent years trying to sell us. They're going to be the owners whether we like it or not. We might as well look supportive otherwise they might not bother to put any more money in.

You mean they've put some of their own money in?

Archived