BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Cryer - Brown noser or true blue?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a Bristol City fan, so no he's not a true blue, just a journalist covering BRFC.

However, the way the LT had gone about it's coverage recently has been appalling. Reads like a daily press release from Paul Agnew.

I read Andy Cryer's match report in tonight's telegraph. It was a spot on analysis; he is openly critical of Venky's in the report.

He has also done some quality interviews with past players in the last few weeks.

I fail to see what he has done wrong to warrant any criticism.

I read Andy Cryer's match report in tonight's telegraph. It was a spot on analysis; he is openly critical of Venky's in the report.

He has also done some quality interviews with past players in the last few weeks.

I fail to see what he has done wrong to warrant any criticism.

Sorry if I am being more stupid than normal but I can't find a match report on the online version of the LET, does it only appear in the local paper?

Cheers

BKR

Sorry if I am being more stupid than normal but I can't find a match report on the online version of the LET, does it only appear in the local paper?

Cheers

BKR

Ah good, it's not just me then. There is a small match report online where the strongest term used regarding the everton game is "woeful". I can only assume BKR that it's in the newspaper. I'm sure some kind soul will scan it for us..... :D

<br /><br />

Ok another slant is that Nicko works for a national newspaper - why does he not voice the concern of the supporters on here? Maybe a simular reason as the LET have - whatever that is.<br />

Nicko's approach to the support has always been enjoy it while you can. Hindsight suggests there may have been a coded message in that view!!

Surely you understand the drivel produced by tabloid journalists has one function - to sell newspapers. Mr Nixon has been challenged on many occasions to tell the real story but always ducks the issue. His silence now speaks volumes.

His presence here was always highly questionable in the eyes of some. We were right from the beginning.

It's pretty clear from the LT articles, and from Paul Plunkett's very condescending tweets that they are in the 'do nothing' camp.

Ok, Andy has made the odd reference to the 'growing concerns' of 'certain sections' of fans - but surely this has now gone beyond 'certain sections' and desrves much more attention from the LT.

I've no doubt that the latest article quoting Dougie - asking us to calm down and leave it until the summer will have yet more comments added to it expressing total disgust at Kean.

Paul Plunkett seems to be using the fact that Venkys have previously insisted that Kean will not be sacked as justification for the LT's lack of interest in the supporters outrage at Kean.

It's pretty clear from the LT articles, and from Paul Plunkett's very condescending tweets that they are in the 'do nothing' camp.

Ok, Andy has made the odd reference to the 'growing concerns' of 'certain sections' of fans - but surely this has now gone beyond 'certain sections' and desrves much more attention from the LT.

I've no doubt that the latest article quoting Dougie - asking us to calm down and leave it until the summer will have yet more comments added to it expressing total disgust at Kean.

Paul Plunkett seems to be using the fact that Venkys have previously insisted that Kean will not be sacked as justification for the LT's lack of interest in the supporters outrage at Kean.

That's nonsense.

Presumably from their contacts within the Club the LT feel that no changes will be made until the summer.

What do you you want them to do, write that Kean will be sacked before the end of the season when they don't think this will actually happen?

That's nonsense.

Presumably from their contacts within the Club the LT feel that no changes will be made until the summer.

What do you you want them to do, write that Kean will be sacked before the end of the season when they don't think this will actually happen?

Slight over-reaction to call it nonsense i think.

I'm just pointing out that the LT seems to be actively playing-down the situation with regards to MR Kean.

Given the lack of any kind of communication from the club's owners - and the fact that they have previously given exclusive interviews to the LT - Venkys may have a passing interest with stories that appear on the LT website (not just the comments added afterwards).

Reading the LT articles from overseas, you could easily get the impression that there is only a very small minority of fans who are unhappy.

Incidentally, i will be giving the team 100% backing during the City match, and i certainly don't agree that a protest before or during the game would help at all.

Slight over-reaction to call it nonsense i think.

I'm just pointing out that the LT seems to be actively playing-down the situation with regards to MR Kean.

Given the lack of any kind of communication from the club's owners - and the fact that they have previously given exclusive interviews to the LT - Venkys may have a passing interest with stories that appear on the LT website (not just the comments added afterwards).

Reading the LT articles from overseas, you could easily get the impression that there is only a very small minority of fans who are unhappy.

I'm sure that's not the case, all they've had to do is look at the reaction on here and elsewhere since Allardyce was replaced.

As regards the LT, you may feel they should actively jump on the Kean out bandwagon and I have often felt they acted far too much as the Club's mouthpiece over the years under the previous regime instead of maintaining an independent point of view.

However if they did that their contacts with the Club would surely soon dry up. John Williams was far from tolerant of any views he perceived as being anti the Club line as well.

Nicko's approach to the support has always been enjoy it while you can. Hindsight suggests there may have been a coded message in that view!!

Surely you understand the drivel produced by tabloid journalists has one function - to sell newspapers. Mr Nixon has been challenged on many occasions to tell the real story but always ducks the issue. His silence now speaks volumes.

His presence here was always highly questionable in the eyes of some. We were right from the beginning.

Agree fully with the national media bit Paul, but can't agree with the Nicko stuff.

I'm of the option you believe what you want to believe, and more often than not, when it comes down to facts, Nicko seems to be on the money, unlike others I could mention, who for me have yet to get anything of importance correct over the past 10yrs!

When it all boils down to it, Nicko maybe some spotty kid living in lower Darwen with nothing better to do, you may not be Paul :P take it all with a pinch of salt.

A month ago when fans were starting to get concerned about several things, he was the one telling people to lay the blame off Venky's. I know he has a job to do and has to keep a good relationship with the owners, but most people could smell trouble for Rovers at the beginning of February.

Most of the time, he calls it very well and I think he writes some decent articles, apparently he really panned our performance this weekend at Everton, whereas Steve Kean described it as 'excellent'. Getting the ball in the opposition box for the first time in 60 minutes is not excellent.

I think some of the frustration that is boiling over from the fans is undeservedly being laid at the feet of Andy Cryer.

To be fair to Andy, he has replied to someone elses email - which they have posted on LT website. He clearly does recognise the seriousness of the situation and the questions have been put to Venkys/Kean - but it's the same reply all the time. He appears to be one very frustrated journo.

If you look it from the LET point of view they need to have communication with Rovers. If they just slate them 247 there will be no communication with them. Of course the LET should not be a Rovers mouth piece for Rovers. If Venkys are not returning their calls there is not a lot they can do about it. I agree that they should be pro active in holding Venkys to account. But for all we know they have been trying that.

I certainly would not want their job. where the people they need to talk to are not talking to them.

I think Andy C has been as 'critical' of the Everton performance and subsequent interviews as he could, which is good to see.

Is there not a fans column written each week? Surely this is the place where feelings could be put out in the paper.

I think Andy C has been as 'critical' of the Everton performance and subsequent interviews as he could, which is good to see.

Is there not a fans column written each week? Surely this is the place where feelings could be put out in the paper.

John Myles certainly didn't hold back in todays piece that he wrote and i think the healine for his article was along the lines of "STEVE KEAN HAS LOST THE PLOT" and that was all to do with Kean saying that we were excellent in the first half

Archived