BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Royal wedding

With most people in this country being given the day off today for the wedding of prince William and Catherine Middleton fully hope you've all enjoyed yourselves today with the royal wedding.

What a stunning bride in the most beautiful of wedding dresses yet accompanied by another stunner in small sis.

Kate or Catherine looked relaxed, in charge for as much as she's allowed to be, which can only give one absolute confidence in the royal family for the immediate future.

Lots more to say but lets here your thoughts fellow Rovers on the wedding and their futures.

From me I wish them all the best :rover:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bloody great I thought.

I loved the fact that today I felt genuinely proud to be British, goosebumps when Jerusalem was on. Also epic moment with him saluting when passing the cenataph.

They all seemed genuinely happy as well. I think the image of her looking back over her shoulder on the balcony will become iconic along with Harry sneaking a look back and then reporting to William.

What a good day.

Guest roverite1991

Proud to be English today! Loved how low-key it all felt. The driving out in an aston martin was the best touch for me. These two look a special couple and are in touch with the public, as opposed to other Royals acting as if they are somehow above everyone else.

Loved how William struggled putting the ring on her finger. Wonder if Harry will take advantage of *ahem* Best Man's Privilege, re: Pippa? I know I would!

Don`t get the people who are proud to have ignored it.

Proud to be British :)

neither do I, sitting in a field or trudging round the pleasure beach ?

Today was bliss from start to finish, gave the vast majority of the country a treat and was watched by billions worldwide.

It's what we do best, marvellous.

I worked as normal, we gave everyone an extra days holiday and said you're welcome to take today off, or any other day and only one of them took today (and then it was only 'cos his GF had the day off too)

We actually had it on in the office, but paid very little notice to it

The Monarchy are great for tourism, but leave me cold

• Backroom

I worked as normal, we gave everyone an extra days holiday and said you're welcome to take today off, or any other day and only one of them took today (and then it was only 'cos his GF had the day off too)

We actually had it on in the office, but paid very little notice to it

The Monarchy are great for tourism, but leave me cold

I do like the Royals I must say but today kind of felt more than that for me, I'm not the most patriotic person in the world but today it was nice to feel proud and see so many Union Jacks without the tacked on racism that often seems associated these days.

The day on the whole has given me and it seems a lot of the country a collective buzz again.

Bring on the jubilee.

Royals are entitled to have a wedding just like anyone else is, no problem with that. But I am totally against the royal family (deliberate none use of capitals). The wedding will have brought in a lot of money to London in tourism etc. but whilst we are in the grip of the worst recession in 30 years the extravagance and sheer brass necked opulence really gets my ###### goat up. Why should them @#/?s get such unbelievable treatment? For effectively winning the right time right place lottery.

They are really taking the ###### out of us, and all we do is simper, cry, wave the petrol station flag and say how ###### beautiful it all is.

(Please don't use that word again) off you set of inbred dole scrounging throwbacks.

Wow! Bitter at life are we?

This nation has had its identidy slowly erased away in the past decade by dogooders waving political correctness flags. Today we got the union flags out and claimed a bit back.

• Backroom

Royals are entitled to have a wedding just like anyone else is, no problem with that. But I am totally against the royal family (deliberate none use of capitals). The wedding will have brought in a lot of money to London in tourism etc. but whilst we are in the grip of the worst recession in 30 years the extravagance and sheer brass necked opulence really gets my ###### goat up. Why should them @#/?s get such unbelievable treatment? For effectively winning the right time right place lottery.

They are really taking the ###### out of us, and all we do is simper, cry, wave the petrol station flag and say how ###### beautiful it all is.

(Please don't use that word again) off you set of inbred dole scrounging throwbacks.

I see this a lot and although the argument has some merit, why should we live in such good circumstances when people are starving in some areas of the world or under the command of a Dear Leader, suppose we did OK in that lottery too. :P

That William does OK for a chap on the dole as well, I wonder if I quit my job I'll get to fly a chopper.

Wow! Bitter at life are we?

This nation has had its identidy slowly erased away in the past decade by dogooders waving political correctness flags. Today we got the union flags out and claimed a bit back.

Top man Alan, thank god the haters are vastly in the minority, today was ace, worth every penny. God save the Queen

Archived