BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Royal wedding

Wow! Bitter at life are we?

This nation has had its identidy slowly erased away in the past decade by dogooders waving political correctness flags. Today we got the union flags out and claimed a bit back.

Oh Lord, not the do-gooders again.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Royals are entitled to have a wedding just like anyone else is, no problem with that. But I am totally against the royal family (deliberate none use of capitals). The wedding will have brought in a lot of money to London in tourism etc. but whilst we are in the grip of the worst recession in 30 years the extravagance and sheer brass necked opulence really gets my ###### goat up. Why should them @#/?s get such unbelievable treatment? For effectively winning the right time right place lottery.

They are really taking the ###### out of us, and all we do is simper, cry, wave the petrol station flag and say how ###### beautiful it all is.

(Please don't use that word again) off you set of inbred dole scrounging throwbacks.

Aye, but Pippa...

Well, the Monarchy actually brings in more money than it costs. And who got the country in the mess in the first place? Ah, yes...

It was interesting to see how many countries were represented in the crowds watching, all thoroughly enjoying themselves.

We could all sit in a dark room and moan, or we can get out and enjoy ourselves celebrating a young couple starting out on life together and giving millions of people a lot of pleasure in the process.

I'd think I'd rather have the Royals than your usual bunch of work-shy troublemaking chavs from (name any downtown area of your choice).

On a side note, boy does Prince Charles look like my ex-husband, and Prince William is very like my eldest son. THAT is scary ...

Royals are entitled to have a wedding just like anyone else is, no problem with that. But I am totally against the royal family (deliberate none use of capitals). The wedding will have brought in a lot of money to London in tourism etc. but whilst we are in the grip of the worst recession in 30 years the extravagance and sheer brass necked opulence really gets my ###### goat up. Why should them @#/?s get such unbelievable treatment? For effectively winning the right time right place lottery.

They are really taking the ###### out of us, and all we do is simper, cry, wave the petrol station flag and say how ###### beautiful it all is.

(Please don't use that word again) off you set of inbred dole scrounging throwbacks.

I sense there is some bitterness there

On a side note, boy does Prince Charles look like my ex-husband, and Prince William is very like my eldest son. THAT is scary ...

Is there something you want to share with us Roversmum :lol:

Dont be so bloody miserable the Royal Family and monarchy are an integral part of the British Heritage. If you dont like it then please emigrate to Libya or somewhere similar. I personally didnt think I would enjoy the whole thing but I was wrong. In terms of opulence, what about the mini buses?

British and proud myself RULE BRITANNIA.

End

I do like the Royals I must say but today kind of felt more than that for me, I'm not the most patriotic person in the world but today it was nice to feel proud and see so many Union Jacks without the tacked on racism that often seems associated these days.

The day on the whole has given me and it seems a lot of the country a collective buzz again.

Bring on the jubilee.

Fully agree pal

We worked all day, no one allowed the day off as this is peak season for us. The profits we earn from now till the end of June will sustain the company and keep people employed till March 2011. We also worked the whole Easter weekend except Sunday and will be working today and Monday.

Only two people asked for the day off but neither wanted to watch the wedding!

Personally I wish them well, am pleased everyone had a good time but I had absolutely zero interest in watching. If we'd had the day off I have plenty of more interesting things to do.

Substitute Royals to Proffessional Footballers.

Ah right. So we should all line up, wave our flags, say hurrah and then traipse off back to reality. The names have changed but this sounds familiar. What are you all trying to do, be royal by proxy? It's not the real world guys.

Go on, enjoy your day, shed your tears of joy for the lovely big family. They don't give a toss about you the my friends. As soon as the curtain closed on the balcony they were all in there laughing the crown jewels off.They are taking the ######.

Jimmy Carr-The royal family are a bit like my Nan. They all wear funny clothes and are a bit racist.

No, if it's not your thing then that's fine; each to his own. Just don't try and spoil it for others.

What is the real world? A dictator who kills and tortures his own people in the name of power? There seem to be plenty of those around.

No, if it's not your thing then that's fine; each to his own. Just don't try and spoil it for others.

What is the real world? A dictator who kills and tortures his own people in the name of power? There seem to be plenty of those around.

I didn't watch it either as I have zero interest in it, so I did the ironing instead. However, my husband sat and watched it from start to finish and videoed it for my daughter who was on her way to Brighton via Gatwick to film Huddersfield fans cycling to today's match. I've no objection to anyone else watching the wedding - just not my cup of tea.

Ah right. So we should all line up, wave our flags, say hurrah and then traipse off back to reality. The names have changed but this sounds familiar. What are you all trying to do, be royal by proxy? It's not the real world guys.

Go on, enjoy your day, shed your tears of joy for the lovely big family. They don't give a toss about you the my friends. As soon as the curtain closed on the balcony they were all in there laughing the crown jewels off.They are taking the ######.

Jimmy Carr-The royal family are a bit like my Nan. They all wear funny clothes and are a bit racist.

Hell's bells, let it go !

99% of the country had a smile on their face for a few hours yesterday.

We'll be suicidal on here after the Bolton game :unsure:

OK folks. Said my piece, need to focus on more important things now. Like how I am going to control these drizzling ###### I 'm suffering whilst out at Ewood for the day. Anyone got a leftover Champers cork from their street parties? :tu:

Being the sad act I am, I had a peruse of all the news outlets I could think of- US, Canada, Austrlaia, New Zealand, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, South Africa- all had live coverage and Royal wedding news everywhere.

It is fantastic for this country.

'Inaugration of President Blair/Brown/Cameron/Clegg, LIVE on NBC', err no didn't think so!

A friend of mine is jobless and has no desire to work yet he was moaning about how much tax money is going towards the wedding. :lol:

I loved yesterday. I thought the whole day was fantastic, not just the actual Royal Wedding itself but seeing street parties and everybody having a good time.

Personally Pippa stole the show for me. She looked amazing in that dress! :D

Guest roverite1991

Why some are so miserable about the wedding, I have no idea. I am not a royalist by any standard, but Wills and Kate seem a lot more in touch with the British Public than previous monarchs. They just SEEM normal and had (by royal standards) a very normal wedding (even driving themselves in a 'rented' Aston Martin afterwards).

I was incredibly proud to be English and proud to be British yesterday. To paraphrase a quote from Hugh Laurie in Blackadder:

'God save the (future) King, Rule Britannia and boo sucks to Harry Hun!!!'

The argument of how much " the wedding has cost the tax payer" is dead in the water. The amount the event will bring in tourism and tv rights , one could imagine will be 10 or even 20 X the cost of putting the event on. The event had a worldwide audience of over 2 billion.

The republicans talk of privilege, autocracy etc. George Bush anyone- his personal wealth is up there with the royal family.

And most importantly..........Kate & Pippa are bang tidy lol.

My next door neighbour is a policeman and drove them when they came to Darwen. Says they're lovely, chatty people and were genuinely interested in the local area and asked questions about it and the people here. Oh, and Kate is bang tidy. As is Pippa!

Guest roverite1991

Well, as fit as Kate is, I'd rather avoid a scandal with the Royals. So I'll only let Pippa have a fondle of my Crown Jewels.

Well, as fit as Kate is, I'd rather avoid a scandal with the Royals. So I'll only let Pippa have a fondle of my Crown Jewels.

Don't fancy being the next Hewitt then? The scandal would die down and William would still bring up your son! I'd have a go with Pippa and those three daughters of Charles Spencer :tu:

. And who got the country in the mess in the first place? Ah, yes...

Not sure what you're referring to here but if you're having a pop at the Tories then I have to agree with you.

For us oldies, anyone think Kate's mum was rather attractive ?

One girls dream of becoming a princess came true today and I thought it was really lovely!

Catherine isn't officially a princess, not yet anyway. Her title I believe is Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.

Would that make you Princess Diana? You, Bruce Lee and Elvis, faking your own deaths in order to pursue your dreams. :tu: In your case, following the Rovers. :rover:

A friend of mine is jobless and has no desire to work yet he was moaning about how much tax money is going towards the wedding. :lol:

That is hilarious. Personally, I've long advocated having to pay some tax [even if slight] as a precondition to either voting or procreating. But I'm a right wing extremist, so what do you expect?

On the topic of the Royals, it used to be I never saw the point, and even thought the idea of an inherited crown abhorrent. But I think you English have got the system down pretty well. Theoretical power only, which actually serves as a handy check for crazed politicians who may get too big for their britches. And as a bonus, you get the occasional ceremony full of pomp and circumstance to remind you of your 1,000 year tradition. So it isn't all bad.

Archived