BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] DO NOT GIVE ROQUE SANTA CRUZ A PERMANANT CONTRACT

Kean has been quoted as wanting to give RSC a permanant contract. Since his return to Rovers, it is obvious that this loan signing was a mistake. Roque Santa Cruz, as good a player as he has been in the past for Rovers, is now a complete and utter waste of money. Therefor to even consider giving him a permanant contract is nothing short of madness.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have never allowed him back through the door. Absolutely crazy decision, I said so loud and long at the time and got rubbished for my views. The guy had done NOTHING for the best part of two whole seasons. At least the scales have fallen from most peoples eyes now, just Kean to go. He should not considered for a place anywhere in the side for the last two games.

Think it was the Chelsea game, his first game back, he showed some nice touches, held the ball up OK and looked fairly sharp.

However he has been on a downward spiral and seems to be getting worse in each match - presume he is carrying an injury however completely lacking any belief and stuggles to put a good shift in.

Looked like a shrewd bit of business in January but unfortunately he's just not up to the pace anymore. Would be madness to even be contemplating offering him a permanent deal. Get Robbie Fowler back.

A lack of talent could perhaps be forgiven if the effort and application was there.

However, RSC has looked uninterested and lazy and that's just unacceptable.

A lack of talent could perhaps be forgiven if the effort and application was there.

However, RSC has looked uninterested and lazy and that's just unacceptable.

I honestly think he's carrying an injury and daren't push himself. I agree we shouldn't attempt to buy him

What gets me is that we are trying to buy him, have given an extension to 34 year old Roberts and are apparently looking at extending Benjani's contract. Presumably we'll keep Rochina. Don't know about Kalinic.

So we look likely to be in the same mess goal-wise next season as we are now!

Disclaimer-----this post does not presuppose we will be playing Premiership football next season!

We should have never allowed him back through the door. Absolutely crazy decision, I said so loud and long at the time and got rubbished for my views. The guy had done NOTHING for the best part of two whole seasons. At least the scales have fallen from most peoples eyes now, just Kean to go. He should not considered for a place anywhere in the side for the last two games.

Exactly, this was only ever going to end in tears. He had one good season his entire career.

Il set a thread with poll up

I am hoping the owners read this board and this thread. Also hoping others will post sensible reasons as to why we should not sign RSC. In the hope our owners will agree with us. A lot of hope, but I'am a Rovers supporter - these days it is how we live from day to day, match to match and season to season.

Taxi for RSC,Kean,Anderson,Barry White,the Raos at number 42,John Jenson,MGP,Emerton and any other bleeding galah I forgot.

Get in that taxi and (Please don't use that word again) off.

Bit harsh on MGP and Emo when we have players who have given next to nothing.

Kean has been quoted as wanting to give RSC a permanant contract. Since his return to Rovers, it is obvious that this loan signing was a mistake. Roque Santa Cruz, as good a player as he has been in the past for Rovers, is now a complete and utter waste of money. Therefor to even consider giving him a permanant contract is nothing short of madness.

Sad to see roque as a shadow of his former self , I was pleaded when we initially got him on loan . Unfortunately he lost his scoring touch and wages to high to justify keeping him . Think he shoul try a dif league to re invent himself . I've always said , when a player is on fire at a particular club they are not always able to replicate this at another , does it alwaysvhave to be about wages ? I personally wouldn,t pay £900 to watch a prem team plus game add ons , so rovers are good value for money and who we all support !

Could it not be that Kean is trying to get a bit of work out of Mr Cruz and Benjani in the hope that talk of a contract might encourage them to produce the goals that they are there for?

What gets me is that we are trying to buy him, have given an extension to 34 year old Roberts and are apparently looking at extending Benjani's contract. Presumably we'll keep Rochina. Don't know about Kalinic.

It's because the Raos either don't have or are not prepared to spend money. They wanted PL football on the cheap and this is the result.

Archived