BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2011/12

Lets be sensible... The clubs accountants will not give a toss wfor who pays to sit in the seats as long as somebody does.

On a few occasions in the past (late 80'0s early 90's)I've gone to t'turf and paid through the turnstiles to stand on the Longside with the away fans and support their team. Now believe me that really is a good day out. Amazing craic with fellow football fans. In fact it's an almost unique experience.

But you did that as a Rovers supporter, not a neutral.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only argument for allowing neutrals in is a commercial one - as you say better a £200 bum on a seat than that seat being vertical.

Jisty in the commercial, mercenary, balance sheet environment of the Premier League that is the only argument. Nothing else matters.

But you did that as a Rovers supporter, not a neutral.

Correct. Have you ever done it?

Jisty in the commercial, mercenary, balance sheet environment of the Premier League that is the only argument. Nothing else matters.

Doesn't mean I have to like it!

Correct. Have you ever done it?

No but I can imagine it being a very interesting experience.

I've been to the turf in the home ends too theno, not to support them obviously, just for summat to do with dingle supporting mates when theres been a spare ST and we haven't had a game on. I've no shame in doing it either, I enjoy the banter of a footy all dayer no matter who's playing.

I've been to the turf in the home ends too theno,

Dave I used to go in with the away supporters. Great craic but it often got a bit tasty leaving the ground with the Stoke fans. Burnley and Stoke used to have a degree of violent rivalry back then.

I think you'll find I have the best seat in Ewood. Middle of the BBE, about 10 rows from the back.

No I think you will find I have the best view in the house Glenn.......Front row JW Upper and looking staight along the BBE pen box line. Guess I win eh? :tu:

Doesn't mean I have to like it!

No but I can imagine it being a very interesting experience.

I just can't imagine going to "that place" if I am not going to see Rovers playing there (and I hope that never happens anytime soon). I would deeply resent giving a penny of my hard earned to "them" yuck!!!!

Oh yes...I nearly forgot this...... Edinburgh City Transport have recently bought a number of new double decker buses and they are all painted in claret and blue. Needless to say I absolutely refuse to get on any of these and prefer to wait for the next bus (hopefully one in the traditional colours).

I've just been and renewed my ST today. Switched from the Darwen End to Blackburn End for this season. I've put faith in the club so anytime the owners want to repay that through a few signings would be most appreciated.

THE best seat in the house. Near the back of the Riverside on the half way line. Columns don't effect my view of either penalty box and in fact I don't even notice them being there. Great view of BOTH goals (unlike BBE and DWE) and no constant standing like imbeciles (unlike BBE again) and cheap too (unlike Jack Walker rest home)

Id be interested to know what the season ticket sales would be like if they cost the same as most other sides (400 quid odd). I think if Venkys are still here, they could well raise it for next season.

god here we go again,

Our household has five seperate names on the data base, all have been ST holders in recent years. Three of these people have been sent ST packs. Two have renewed. The one who didn't has not yet received any further communication from the club. Last year he got a call encouraging renewal.

Our household has five seperate names on the data base, all have been ST holders in recent years. Three of these people have been sent ST packs. Two have renewed. The one who didn't has not yet received any further communication from the club. Last year he got a call encouraging renewal.

Have you contacted the Club or the Roverstore about the missing pack?

If you haven't, message me the customer ref nr and I'll get one sent out on Monday.

78 maybe you can send the message from the ticket office to the cleaner in charge of the club and try and get them come out and communicate with the supporters to let us know just what the hell is going on at our club.

Maybe if they did they may find out the reason why st sales have been so poor.

Have you contacted the Club or the Roverstore about the missing pack?

If you haven't, message me the customer ref nr and I'll get one sent out on Monday.

78 many thanks for the offer. We actually only want / need to tickets. The point I was making is the club is making little effort to sell STs to those who are wavering.

78 many thanks for the offer. We actually only want / need to tickets. The point I was making is the club is making little effort to sell STs to those who are wavering.

Think you have a problem with packs/ renewals every year dont you?

Think you have a problem with packs/ renewals every year dont you?

There is a problem with one of our accounts which the club have told me will be fixed with the current software update. The issue is my son is entitled to a full price ST and a "carer" ST but the system is not able to cope with this and the prices on that account are always wrong. In this instance i am his carer and our ST or ticket purchases are linked. After 3 years of telling me it has been fixed I'm now told it should be fixed at the next software update. On this account we can only purchase tickets by phone, the online doesn't work.

The other three names on the database, including myself as I have a separate account in my name have not received any ST information yet this year.

We have the 2 STs we need. No one else is interested in going, I'm just making the point the club didn't send information to everyone on the data base.

There is a problem with one of our accounts which the club have told me will be fixed with the current software update. The issue is my son is entitled to a full price ST and a "carer" ST but the system is not able to cope with this and the prices on that account are always wrong. In this instance i am his carer and our ST or ticket purchases are linked. After 3 years of telling me it has been fixed I'm now told it should be fixed at the next software update. On this account we can only purchase tickets by phone, the online doesn't work.

The other three names on the database, including myself as I have a separate account in my name have not received any ST information yet this year.

We have the 2 STs we need. No one else is interested in going, I'm just making the point the club didn't send information to everyone on the data base.

I take your point Paul. But if there really are as many fires burning as we are led to believe, phoning round supporters on the database to find out why they haven't renewed is probably low priority.

Nor would they like the responses.

Archived