BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2011/12

I think there is a chance we could see an increase in the 'last minute' buyers IF we sign some exciting players, don't forget that we were dispondant last summer with only the signing of Benjani to excite fans.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is a chance we could see an increase in the 'last minute' buyers IF we sign some exciting players, don't forget that we were dispondant last summer with only the signing of Benjani to excite fans.

Add a couple of players such as Honda, Dann or Cisse and im sure it would too.

Although unemployment is hitting some hard now, especially with the amound of cuts around.

• Backroom

I think some people not buying at the moment will end up jumping in before the season starts, after we're on TV in the Asia trophy they may get the bug.

Good riddance to the non-renewers. Its an alien concept to the type of fans who wouldn't think twice about renewing even if we got relegated 3 seasons running, but if some people's dedication to their club is so meagre that its unable to survive a 5-place drop in the league in the then I'd say we could do without.

Although having said that it is bloody expensive, only £50 cheaper than League 1 Preston. Can hardly blame the flakers for being put off at those extortionate prices <_<

My ST money, shirt money and away day money is still burning a hole in my pocket and will contineu to do so untilt he club bring about some proper management of the club.

I dont believe the 10% figure is correct, it is higher than that.

so what about Mark then? Is he going to sit by himself all season long, better get him some razor blades if the Venky's and Kean the Tool are still around.

Good riddance to the non-renewers. Its an alien concept to the type of fans who wouldn't think twice about renewing even if we got relegated 3 seasons running, but if some people's dedication to their club is so meagre that its unable to survive a 5-place drop in the league in the then I'd say we could do without.

Although having said that it is bloody expensive, only £50 cheaper than League 1 Preston. Can hardly blame the flakers for being put off at those extortionate prices <_<

One of the problems is cost. With this Government forcing through job losses, pay cuts and stuffing working people while the upper class tories (Cameron etc) lord it then without a doubt we will have an increasing number of fans who just cannot afford to go to a game. Add in our chicken friends and Kean the Wally then people will have less inclination to renew.

Ewood is going to look mighty odd with just 6-7000 proper fans all sat in the Blackburn End and the rest closed off.... or turned into a supermarket.

Ewood is going to look mighty odd with just 6-7000 proper fans all sat in the Blackburn End and the rest closed off.... or turned into a supermarket.

That's just not going to be the case is it.

I think some people not buying at the moment will end up jumping in before the season starts, after we're on TV in the Asia trophy they may get the bug.

lets hope they do renew. i still cant comprehend why they wont/dont.

this may be linked to kean being ordered to go to india. maybe the owners think we need a big same manager ?? im summising of course.

One of the problems is cost. With this Government forcing through job losses, pay cuts and stuffing working people while the upper class tories (Cameron etc) lord it then without a doubt we will have an increasing number of fans who just cannot afford to go to a game. Add in our chicken friends and Kean the Wally then people will have less inclination to renew.

Hmm, well I'm not convinced personally that that explains the reported 10% drop from last season. Obviously we're not out of the recession yet but unemployment has risen by 10% in and around Blackburn in the last 12 months? Don't really buy the can't afford it excuse when generalised over a fair percentage of our fanbase.

Its £225, or £30 a month, less than most people pay for their mobile phone. I seriously doubt most non-renewers desperately need that £30 a month for some vital living cost. The vast majority will probably blow it on beer, fags, gambling, Sky TV etc. Basically some lazier form of entertainment that involves less getting off one's ass, filling some forms out and turning up every 2 weeks to give the team they claim to support some actual support.

Plenty of us logged onto the Rovers website this time last year to look at seat availability and we can log on now to look at seat availability.

Without needing to ask Hughesy to count seats, it is all too easy to see that something has gone horribly wrong with ST sales this summer.

I've just spent a couple of hours looking at seats available to purchase and have reached some conclusions:

1. I need to get out more

2. I must be a very sad person

3. The numbers below are reasonably accurate:

BBE capacity is 5000, 1330 seats available to buy, 27% of capacity

JW upper 2180 available to buy

JW lower 1223 available to buy

JW capacity is 11000, 3403 available to buy 31% of capacity

Riverside capacity is 4000, 1637 seats available, 41% of capacity

It is not possible to see online the availability for the BBE upper (family stand) or the entire Darwen End.

Capacity available to view is JW 11,000, BBE lower 5000, Riverside 4000 = 20,000 seats

Seats available total 6370 which is 32% of the capacity.

***************************************************************************************************************************************

My extrapolation of these numbers is ST sales are better than one might have guessed. It looks as though we have around 13600 sold in the areas which can be counted, estimate the DE at 1000 and the family stand at 1000, would give us a total of 15600 sold to date.

Make of this what you will. I had an idle couple of hours and thought I'd try to get to the root of all this. My feeling is sales are better than many feared.

A valuable couple of hours Paul - thanks.

I'm starting to thing there is a bit of black propaganda flying about at the minute.

Benjani - Samba's tweet suggested he had left the club but it's also suggested he's gone to HK with the squad.

Kalinic - he's not on the plane, he is on the plane. Can they both be right? (Visions of Niko racing to the closing gate after nipping to the loo in the departure lounge?)

Jermaine Jones - we've missed out on a top player, or his club are asking stupid money. Maybe we are still in for him?

Transfer funds - we're skint and the banks are closing in on mortgages, or we do have funds?

Pavone - we've messed him around and dropped him like a stone, or he was a free but now his club want a fee?

Umpteen other targets missed out on - were they really targets?

STs - we are thousands down, actually it might not be anywhere near that bad?

There are still unanswered questions, like:

When are Venkys going to follow up on buying a property closer to the club? Was that ever true?

Will we bring in any further players?

One unarguable fact us that our small squad doesn't have sufficient strength in depth for a PL campaign, let alone a potential push for Europe. This needs rectifying - fast.

I'm still on the anti-Venkys side of the fence and, even though I can't see over the other side to see if it's any greener, I think I need to remind myself now and again that at least at least I can still see the fence.

So perhaps all hope isn't lost yet...?

I'm starting to thing there is a bit of black propaganda flying about at the minute.

Love the list of players that followed :lol::lol:

STs - we are thousands down, actually it might not be anywhere near that bad?

I don't know the ST sales for last year but think it was around 19,000??? If we've sold 13,600 (my best guess) there is still a long way to go and we need to shift another 5-6000.

• Backroom

Plenty of us logged onto the Rovers website this time last year to look at seat availability and we can log on now to look at seat availability.

Without needing to ask Hughesy to count seats, it is all too easy to see that something has gone horribly wrong with ST sales this summer.

We are certainly not the 7k down that you suggested though. I expect there will be a bit of a spike after the Asia trophy, then again if we buy someone half decent and then the week before the season starts.

If we go into next season still just around 10% down then that isn't bad all things considered.

Hmm, well I'm not convinced personally that that explains the reported 10% drop from last season. Obviously we're not out of the recession yet but unemployment has risen by 10% in and around Blackburn in the last 12 months? Don't really buy the can't afford it excuse when generalised over a fair percentage of our fanbase.

Its £225, or £30 a month, less than most people pay for their mobile phone. I seriously doubt most non-renewers desperately need that £30 a month for some vital living cost. The vast majority will probably blow it on beer, fags, gambling, Sky TV etc. Basically some lazier form of entertainment that involves less getting off one's ass, filling some forms out and turning up every 2 weeks to give the team they claim to support some actual support.

Who are you to decide what people spend their money on? :huh:

If i want to spend £30 a month on beer, fags, gambling, sky tv or a mobile phone, it`s totally up to myself. I earned the money & i`ll spend it how i wish to.

At this moment in time i have decided NOT give my £30 a month to a bunch of clueless chicken farmers/con artists who are dragging the good name of Blackburn Rovers through the gutter with their inept handling of almost everything they touch. How will i spend that £30? :huh: well that`s totally up to me. I earned the money. I`ll spend it how i want.

My conscience is clear. I`m not collaborating with Venkys.

Figures aren't the worst there as expected by some Paul.

There is 5000 seats in the riverside however :P and the first 3 rows are blocked out for some reason.

Are you sure about that? Ground capacity 31367. JW IS 11000, BBE 8000, DE 8000, meaning the Riverside must be around 4000?

Archived