BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Prices 2011/12

I haven't renewed this year either.

I have held out in the vain hope that something would stir me into getting on the terraces again, perhaps a key signing or some sign of rational behaviour from the new owners but alas... Not to be...

I also have to admit I have become rather apathetic to the whole Premier League set up and how it proclaims to be "The Best League On The Earth", well after the past few years offerings of what was meant to be "exciting" and "good" football and Barcelona's complete annihilation of Manchester United, I just think it's a whole bloody con to be honest, like most of what the Murdoch's are associated with.

I really don't want to be a part of watching the whole sycophantic circus that's paraded year in year out to the Manchester United's, Chelsea's, Arsenal's and more recently to the blue compartment of Manchester's new finest mercenaries.

I know Rover's are the needle that get's under the skin of the Circus I mentioned above and I know they are something to be so so extremely proud of in the past years, with the classic line coming to mind about "Punching above our weight". But I just can't seem to want to be out there on the terraces with the way the club is heading and coupled with this the way the football scene as whole has degenerated into.

I might be back one Season, but it won't be this one I am afraid.

Hear Hear sysagent. My sentiments too....... as are these from Marple Leaf.

"So, for all of the above I have no inclination to renew our season tickets. I have no plans to organise my life, our family life, around the fixture list. There has been nothing to counter a deep rooted cynicism with football in general and Rovers in particular. Nothing at all."

Sometimes it's necessary to take a step backwards to view the whole scene.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess each has to make their own judgement. I probably wouldn't have renewed either had the prices gone up to the levels certain posters were speculating about earlier in the year.

But they haven't, and when all is said and done, when all of the noise and the rumours and the inside information and the anti-this and pro-that is boiled away, on the 13th August there will be 11 Rovers players running out representing this club, and I will be there supporting them. That's all that matters.

Like with an errant child, or embarassing parents, sometimes you got be to cruel to be kind. Collaborating with the KFCwannabess will just encourage them in their current course of action. If you're unhappy, disgusted, disillusioned, or furious you have to do something about it. Carrying on regardless will just make things worse.

And this doesn't mean some ridiculous notion of FC Blackburn. For me it's not desertion that's required but a tactical withdrawal or refusal to carry out orders. We have got to demonstrate that we aren't happy and won't be taken up the jacksie time and time again!

Like with an errant child, or embarassing parents, sometimes you got be to cruel to be kind. Collaborating with the KFCwannabess will just encourage them in their current course of action. If you're unhappy, disgusted, disillusioned, or furious you have to do something about it. Carrying on regardless will just make things worse.

And this doesn't mean some ridiculous notion of FC Blackburn. For me it's not desertion that's required but a tactical withdrawal or refusal to carry out orders. We have got to demonstrate that we aren't happy and won't be taken up the jacksie time and time again!

So you don't support Rovers through thick and thin. If you 're unhappy you cry, pick up your toys and throw them as far as you can see them. Suggest you stamp your little feet and have a tantrum.

Go support Citeh!

So you don't support Rovers through thick and thin. If you 're unhappy you cry, pick up your toys and throw them as far as you can see them. Suggest you stamp your little feet and have a tantrum.

Go support Citeh!

Don't be an ass! Your puerile name-calling doesn't affect me but do you think I would not renew after 20 consecutive years with ST plus another 10 for my lad and 5 for the misses) ... on the basis of a whim or a tantrum? It's been a difficult decision to arrive at but ultimately I cannot selfishly carry-on-regardless whilst it seems that the longterm future of the club is in jeopardy. I'll be back just as soon as the owners show they are as committed to BRFC as they are to flogging chicken in distant continents.

Now if that sounds like an infantile tantrum to you then you obviously have little experience with bringing up kids. Your post above is devoid of any reasoning and ironically is just the thing that you acuse me of - an emotional throwing of toys. Well whatever floats your pram ya baby.

i have a bought a season ticket only because theres sod all do to on a saturday afternoon apart from get p*ssed. In no way am i buying a season ticket as a thumbs up to the chicken floggers, i will go into the new season with a sense of dread and disillusionment.

Don't be an ass! Your puerile name-calling doesn't affect me but do you think I would not renew after 20 consecutive years with ST plus another 10 for my lad and 5 for the misses) ... on the basis of a whim or a tantrum? It's been a difficult decision to arrive at but ultimately I cannot selfishly carry-on-regardless whilst it seems that the longterm future of the club is in jeopardy. I'll be back just as soon as the owners show they are as committed to BRFC as they are to flogging chicken in distant continents.

Now if that sounds like an infantile tantrum to you then you obviously have little experience with bringing up kids. Your post above is devoid of any reasoning and ironically is just the thing that you acuse me of - an emotional throwing of toys. Well whatever floats your pram ya baby.

Though the new owners have without doubt made some mistakes. It is a shame you arent renewing as your decision is based mainly on rumour rather than 100% facts. Only time will show the true intentions of our owners.

I think a key signing would see an influx in season ticket sales. The fact we have signed nobody at all is obviously not helping. I'd expect a few to renew if we can go into the game against wolves with someone like Podolski signed up.

Personally though I think we'll get a couple of average £2-£3m signings through the door at best. It's not going to sway those borderline fans. This is a big summer for venkys and they've made a right pigs ear of it so far.

I have no doubt that if we'd gone about our business better and spent well and sensibly we would not be having this debate. The likes of Reo-Coker joining Bolton on a free makes it all the more frustrating. Our new owners had a golden opportunity this summer and I'm afraid they have blown it.

I think a key signing would see an influx in season ticket sales. The fact we have signed nobody at all is obviously not helping. I'd expect a few to renew if we can go into the game against wolves with someone like Podolski signed up.

Personally though I think we'll get a couple of average £2-£3m signings through the door at best. It's not going to sway those borderline fans. This is a big summer for venkys and they've made a right pigs ear of it so far.

I have no doubt that if we'd gone about our business better and spent well and sensibly we would not be having this debate. The likes of Reo-Coker joining Bolton on a free makes it all the more frustrating. Our new owners had a golden opportunity this summer and I'm afraid they have blown it.

Ricky, I agreed with your post up until you mentioned Reo Coker, I really don't rate the guy, he's a greedy moaning flake, Bolton can have him.

They have time to put this right, and the 2 guys that appear to be signing are progress in my books.

For the record, I renewed, as it's my club, not Venky's, I was here before them and I be there a long time after.

Can't help but notice that the people who aren't renewing seem to mention "family" in their post. Have they found the excuse not to renew by blaming Venkys for all the ills of the world, when the real reason is that their wives/girlfriends are on their back about being at football?

Can't help but notice that the people who aren't renewing seem to mention "family" in their post. Have they found the excuse not to renew by blaming Venkys for all the ills of the world, when the real reason is that their wives/girlfriends are on their back about being at football?

Good Grief.

Hear Hear sysagent. My sentiments too....... as are these from Marple Leaf.

"So, for all of the above I have no inclination to renew our season tickets. I have no plans to organise my life, our family life, around the fixture list. There has been nothing to counter a deep rooted cynicism with football in general and Rovers in particular. Nothing at all."

Sometimes it's necessary to take a step backwards to view the whole scene.

Thank God Ewood will be a much better place without the likes of you there.

Why? As far as I'm aware drog didn't spend his afternoons booing the team...

You love backing 'Drog up, always there to give him a bit of support :lol:

But if he doesn't renew, it's up to him. Hardly a true fan though is he? Things aren't great right now but they certainly aren't that bad.

Archived