BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer 2011 Transfer Window Part One

Good to get it confirmed, unsure what good it will bring us though. Perhaps we can get ManU to pay us a couple of extra million in return for not taking the obvious tapping up any further. I'm sure Phil himself will chip in too as he's just as guilty as anyone :)

You think we will be trying to make our moves early this window, nicko?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this whole debacle merely underlines the fact that our new owners, who no doubt have the best of intentions, are incredibly naive when it comes to footballing matters. I think it also shows that you can't possbily try to run the club from Pune in India.

Whilst one might applaud their efforts to get more money for Jones, from what has been reported so far it suggests that they simply don't understand the contracts of footballers or the nature of the game. As for tapping up, that is something that has always gone on. We need only look at how Robbie Savage and El Hadji Diouf arrived at Ewood Park to know that players usually get the moves they want.

Unless there is something new that has not been brought to light about the contract it would surely be better to draw a line under it and take the £16.5 million and move on. With the £5 million that Venkys are putting in this window that should give Kean £21 million to play with. The last thing our owners need is to get a reputation of being difficult to deal with as selling clubs might become reluctant to do business with us.

Hopefully, our owners will find this another learning experience and will begin to realise that football is a unique business that requires a different approach to that which they bring to their everyday work.

I'd say: a centre back (Collins, Johnson, Dann, Bassong)

a cheap left back maybe (Warnock)

1/2 Centre mids (J.Jones, a passing central midfielder - Vaughan, Adam)

A free winger maybe (Larsson, Vicente)

2 strikers (Defoe, Pavyluchenko, Agbonlahor, Sturridge ----- Ba, Welbeck, Dj Campbell)

Adam would be perfect for us. That's a good scenario you painted above but does it include Samba and Hoilett.

If "yes" that's a stronger squad than last season imo.

Never said he wasn't, but to me a 'monster in front of goal' sounds like Alan Shearer. He wasn't, he would have scored a goal in every match if he was - and that's why he hasn't been that great in the EPL as he doesn't get to as many chances as he used to. If he can improve his finishing and composure he can turn into a real player, time is ticking though.

Just had a look at the stats from the 2009 season. "Mål" (for our non-norwegians) indicates how many goals he scored in that game.

http://www.moldefk.no/site/statistikk/spiller.php?page_id=20159&season=2009&match_type=&player_id=3

Doesn't get much better really. :)

That's not saying he would ever make it in the PL, but he sure had some potential, so no huge surprise SAF wanted him, especially with United and Molde's relationship.

Shearer is of course in a category of hi own.

I will leave the analysis of what is going on in one of the oddest transfer tales for some time to the experts.

One or two need to take a good hump to themselves while doing so.

Regards.

Certainly makes more sense than your first post ;)

a - since when has release clauses been a secret? I thought everybody knew, and was entitled to ask and be answered?

b - we are stalling the transfer while waiting for Ferguson to add a million or three to wrap it up? the morale being 'that wasn't ok, but as long as you pay up we won't report you'?

for the record, I'm not even remotely interested in the morale at the moment, only replacing the best young defender we've had in my time as a supporter.. just curious.

Read what Nicko puts he is usually bang on the money with his rovers related news...and its very clear to understand - the key:

Phil Jones & his parents met Alex Ferguson at his house......

Yet Fergie hasnt been in the country since Friday - however Liverpool were 1st in, United later (both this week) - so when did that meeting take place??

The Daily Telegraph reports that there's some inquiry going on between Venkys and their"advisors" as to why the selling price for Jones was so low.

Does that mean they are unhappy with Anderson? Or does "advisors' mean someone else?

If nothing more comes out of this then surely Venkys must realise hands-on means hands-on? You can't run a premier League Club from thousands of miles way with Informal advisers and ill-defined roles.

You need experts and a chain of command. Something like a Chairman and a Secretary/Chief Executive Officer in fact.

The Daily Telegraph reports that there's some inquiry going on between Venkys and their"advisors" as to why the selling price for Jones was so low.

Does that mean they are unhappy with Anderson? Or does "advisors' mean someone else?

If nothing more comes out of this then surely Venkys must realise hands-on means hands-on? You can't run a premier League Club from thousands of miles way with Informal advisers and ill-defined roles.

You need experts and a chain of command. Something like a Chairman and a Secretary/Chief Executive Officer in fact.

The whole thing has become bizarre, or maybe that should be bazaar,

best post from you ever.

Read what Nicko puts he is usually bang on the money with his rovers related news...and its very clear to understand - the key:

Phil Jones & his parents met Alex Ferguson at his house......

Yet Fergie hasnt been in the country since Friday - however Liverpool were 1st in, United later (both this week) - so when did that meeting take place??

First of all Nicko didn't put anything in that article about Fergie meeting Jones at his house, and secondly so what if he did? Phil Jones can meet who he wants when he wants, there's no way to know what was said when he was there, you're never going to be able to prove anything and it's something that happens with every club all the time. If they've met the clause in the contract get the deal done and move on, all of this nonsense is laughable.

First of all Nicko didn't put anything in that article about Fergie meeting Jones at his house, and secondly so what if he did? Phil Jones can meet who he wants when he wants, there's no way to know what was said when he was there, you're never going to be able to prove anything and it's something that happens with every club all the time.

So you think United who have previous are happy to announce they met him without our knowledge??

Dont forget they did something similar with Spurs on Berbatov and ended up paying £2m extra....every little counts!

Kenwoo that isw incredibly bad timing we have a board split about whether Jones is staying or going then you go and suggest that thug cretin I wouldn't spit on have you forgotten what that reprobate did to MGP with no provocation I would rather we stick with Keef than have that racist scumbag at my club.

Kenwoo that isw incredibly bad timing we have a board split about whether Jones is staying or going then you go and suggest that thug cretin I wouldn't spit on have you forgotten what that reprobate did to MGP with no provocation I would rather we stick with Keef than have that racist scumbag at my club.

Fair enough! Just wanted some opinion on anything other than the Jones situation. I hate the fella personally. If we did get him we would have completed the set of villains. Diouf, savage, bellamy, dickov,

Just spoken to a friend of mine who works for L'Equipe and does a lot of work on Lens and he said that he would be surprised if the fee ended up being higher than 2-3 million euros. He did warn me that the entire Lens side were bad, but he if feel that Aurier had potential.

Enough about jones,we need to buy early this window before all the quality players are snapped up,keisuke honda wants out of russia,we should be sticking in a bid now!reckon he would be expensive but what a player,also bojan is in talks with udinese,most of the good players move early and there is a serious amount of brilliant players on the move this summer.Kean needsa to get a move on but to be honest i still cant believe he is still in the job.

Archived