BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owners wanted Adam Pearson as DoF

Not in the least bit surprised but this is still very bad news if true.

There are other fish in the sea. So this not really bad news. Just means he has chosen to be loyal to Hull City and remain with them.

Surely a 'Director of Football' would be more involved with Player/coach recruitment, possibly contracts etc. than the other non-football parts of running a club. Therefore you'd probably need someone more like Clive Woodward* or Frank Arnesen than a purely admin/accountant type of person.

*=Yes, I know he was a disaster as Southampton, but Harry is an 'old school' manager and I was refering to when he lead the English rugby team. He didn't do that much coaching himself, but he got together the coaching team and created a very organised structure.

How about an approach to David Dein?

Whilst I wouldn't expect him to join us, that's not a bad shout at all.

Our model of trying to be successful through bringing on young talent and maturing them then selling for a profit is not too dissimilar to Arsenal's.

There are other fish in the sea. So this not really bad news. Just means he has chosen to be loyal to Hull City and remain with them.

This is a slight on the owners without a doubt. Any rejection of a Premier League job by personnel from lower leagues is bound to raise eyebrows.

But should we be suprised when we have witnessed the ruthless disposal of the previous management team? If Pearson is as good as his press it'd be out of character for him not to have seen the path of eggshells in front of him which he would have to walk over every working day. It's a nest of vipers and to the owners the sun shines out of Kean and Anderson's arses so his role would have been a 3rd in command gopher at best. Much wiser of him to stay where he is and work with more stable people.

btw Richard Matthewmans departed from the board today. I'm not really suprised cos my sources reveal that there hasn't been a board meeting since the indians landed in November.

This is a slight on the owners without a doubt. Any rejection of a Premier League job by personnel from lower leagues is bound to raise eyebrows.

But should we be suprised when we have witnessed the ruthless disposal of the previous management team? If Pearson is as good as his press it'd be out of character for him not to have seen the path of eggshells in front of him which he would have to walk over every working day. It's a nest of vipers and to the owners the sun shines out of Kean and Anderson's arses so his role would have been a 3rd in command gopher at best. Much wiser of him to stay where he is and work with more stable people.

btw Richard Matthewmans departed from the board today. I'm not really suprised cos my sources reveal that there hasn't been a board meeting since the indians landed in November.

I think I need to sit down this is twice I've agreed with you this week. But it does make you wonder why somebody would not want to step up to the role with a premiership club. Although, as we do not know his reasons, he could just be loyal to hull city.

I also think it would be hard to replace Kean - not many managers would want to work with an agent dictating transfers and transfer policy.

Pearson always comes across well and I think it's essential that we get someone like him in or we'll be squandering money in the transfer market. The contracts we dished out in January show that. If we are sticking with Kean then we need someone with a long term view above him. Would Venky's allow someone that level of control? I'm not sure...

David Dein would never come and work in the North West...

Archived