BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] My Prediction for the Season - Josh Morris

Just thought I would share a prediction with you before pre-season starts in earnest, its actually one thing I am really excited about!

I am willing to put my neck on the line and say that Josh Morris will make as big an impact in the coming season as Junior Hoilett did last year.

For those who could bear to watch the 7-1 mauling by Utd last season hopefully will have seen glimpses of his talent on the left wing, his passing and crossing ability looks top notch (he set up the samba goal) and with Kean giving youth a chance I fully expect Morris to be making a significant impact this year. The only flaw could be that he isnt physically strong enough but I hope that has been addressed this summer.

anyone else agree?

His performances last season for the first team didn't suggest he would be another Hoilett.

To be honest Hoilett didn't like being a Hoilett last summer so to speak. Only really started looking good post christmas.

It will be interesting to see how Morris does - Morris and Olsson down the left could be a good combination....

To be honest Hoilett didn't like being a Hoilett last summer so to speak. Only really started looking good post christmas.

Been reading too many posts on here JBN? Hoilett always looked special. Josh Morris hasn't done - yet.

Been reading too many posts on here JBN? Hoilett always looked special. Josh Morris hasn't done - yet.

Don't think that's right. There were few clamouring for him to be in the team at the start of last season. He had no Premier League goals to his name and a few uninspiring cameos.

I have gone back through the Hoilett thread and this is a pretty typical Post about Hoilett from earlier in the season

Time to bump this thread up?

I thought Hoilett was showing some glimpses of his talent with a few sub performances this season, but since Sam's departure and Steve Kean beginning to start him he has looked really good.

Still early days but it's great to have a player with pace and the ability to run with the ball in the side. His decision making seems to have improved quite a bit as well- one of the areas that many thought he needed to work on.

Everyone saw he had talent but I don't think anyone realised he could be as totally devastating as he is until January this year.

Don't think that's right. There were few clamouring for him to be in the team at the start of last season. He had no Premier League goals to his name and a few uninspiring cameos.

Well yes, I agree with that. The posters who criticise Sam for not continually starting him from the beginning wont accept that though.

Everyone saw he had talent but I don't think anyone realised he could be as totally devastating as he is until January this year.

I'll agree with that, up to a point also. Junior, IMO, had all the credentials to make it in the PL, though. - But seeing that we're discussing Morris, he hasn't shown the technical ability that Hoilett did - right from the very beginning. That's my point.

But according to you, you'd never even see Hoilett beat a man.

Starting games with a lack of percentage football were the keys to Hoilett's breakthrough.

Some of us already called this.

Think this thread should be used by members to predict there surprise package for the season im going for Rochina, reason being is he was a class above our reserves last season and has the technical ability that many British players lack.

Starting games with a lack of percentage football were the keys to Hoilett's breakthrough.

Some of us already called this.

Some of us also thought with our current crop of players we could play good/attacking football and still finish high up in the league :rolleyes:

Not right and you know it.

Some of us also thought with our current crop of players we could play good/attacking football and still finish high up in the league :rolleyes:

Yes john - and some of us wanted to build a team around Kalinic who would be a fantastic player under another manager.

Not right and you know it.

Don't make me go Tris on your ass.

You distinctly said you'd never seen Hoilett beat a man for pace.

Yes john - and some of us wanted to build a team around Kalinic who would be a fantastic player under another manager.

I still believe Kalinic is a quality player. Just hasn't worked out for him.

Although, what this has to do with anything, I don't know. Grasping at straws, guys?

Don't make me go Tris on your ass.

I still believe Kalinic is a quality player. Just hasn't worked out for him.

Although, what this has to do with anything, I don't know. Grasping at straws, guys?

We nearly got relegated playing the attacking football you so badly craved....

We nearly got relegated playing the attacking football you so badly craved....

As simple as that, eh?

Our worst results/performances under Kean were due to formation & selection issues. Not a simple matter of being gung-ho.

• Moderation Lead

Back on topic :blush:

I thought he looked decent the only time I saw him play (Manure away last season for the last 20 or so), though to be fair he had nothing to lose, we were 7-0 down!

Well in your last post, you said that I had never seen Hoilett beat a man. Make your mind up.

I really don't see why I should respond to someone who's never been to watch Hoilett play, but I will.

For the record, from the outset I said that Hoilett had something about his game. I said he had quick feet, could go either way around a player and was quick over the first five yards. I said the lad had a real chance to make a player. I notice you don't include those comments.

The comment you referred to was a comment after the Wigan away game a couple of seasons ago, when he was played on the wing. That game he didn't get past his fullback once - and I did question his pace over a distance.

Now is that saying "you'd never seen Hoilett beat a man for pace"?

Well in your last post, you said that I had never seen Hoilett beat a man. Make your mind up.

Sorry, that changes everything.

I really don't see why I should respond to someone who's never been to watch Hoilett play, but I will.

And yet I had more faith in him than you did.

I thought you'd be above that kinda petty point-scoring, Den.

For the record, from the outset I said that Hoilett had something about his game. I said he had quick feet, could go either way around a player and was quick over the first five yards. I said the lad had a real chance to make a player. I notice you don't include those comments.

Why make out you 'always thought he was special' and yet in a previous comment lament the fact he's never beaten someone for pace? Especially when a huge part of his game IS pace. Sorry, but that doesn't add up, Den. Hence why I called you out on it.

The comment you referred to was a comment after the Wigan away game a couple of seasons ago, when he was played on the wing. That game he didn't get past his fullback once - and I did question his pace over a distance.

You post wasn't referring to that one game. Either you made a booboo or you're just backtracking now.

Now, I am going for 1 of three to break through this season, Jackson Ramm, Adam Henley and young centre back Peacock, from what I have seen, those three have the right mentality to succeed in football, possibly Tom Hitchcock as well!

Archived