BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Long-Serving Doctors Leave The Club

Guest Wen Y Hu

Guest Wen Y Hu

Club doctor Dr Phil Batty has joined Chris Mowbray, former Academy doctor, in leaving the club after over a decade of service. Fitness coach Adrian Lamb has also left. See the news page here.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club doctor Dr Phil Batty has joined Chris Mowbray, former Academy doctor, in leaving the club after over a decade of service. Fitness coach Adrian Lamb has also left. See the news page here.

How many employees have left since the buy out?

Is Grooby still there?

This is one function of the club that Rovers can't afford to screw up, because if they do then it will have serious consequences with regards to player injuries. The people who have left are highly regarded and I hope that the replacements are of the same standard.

Truly shocking the number of people who have left the club since the change of ownership.

This is one function of the club that Rovers can't afford to screw up, because if they do then it will have serious consequences with regards to player injuries. The people who have left are highly regarded and I hope that the replacements are of the same standard.

Truly shocking the number of people who have left the club since the change of ownership.

kamy, all due respects, but when a new owner comes in to any company, it's not unusual for massive changes in personnel to occur.

Totally agree about the replacements, perhaps they may be better.

(to those that might think,don't construe this or any other post I may make as support for the present regime. I'm disappointed to date, but I keep my powder dry for the moment)

I agree Dave, just never thought it would happen so quickly, but then again maybe this is the norm.

Kamy, the biggest disappointment for me is that things haven't settled down. Three/six months should be the norm, however, this is a football club, so maybe nine. Then again, the players seem to pull out of it a bit earlier.

Who knows, I gave over worrying about things I had no control over years ago.

kamy, all due respects, but when a new owner comes in to any company, it's not unusual for massive changes in personnel to occur.

Totally agree about the replacements, perhaps they may be better.

(to those that might think,don't construe this or any other post I may make as support for the present regime. I'm disappointed to date, but I keep my powder dry for the moment)

These people seem to be walking away from BRFC Dave. That's a whole lot of difference to Venky's wanting to replace them with better people.

The base of this whole ridiculous situation, is that The Raos want to have the say on everything, including the football side of things. Until that changes, then IMO, we have no chance.

Just some of the amazing changes going on at the club - no doubt imy and Bucky will be cracking open the champagne.

Why would I be cracking open the champagne?

I wrote a lengthy response to this John, then thought what's the point, I have clarified my position on numerous occasions. But I can you see you are into point scoring so have given you a +1 for your comment- enjoy. :tu:

Dr Batty- thank you for your services.

You will soon realize the soul of our club is being ripped apart, speak to anyone who has worked there recently, this is not on.

Why would I be cracking open the champagne?

Am I the owner? Do I have any say in hiring or firing? I am a fan like yourself and am very worried about the situation as it stands but cannot do anything but watch from the sidelines.

Why you felt the need to highlight me only you know- I will simply say that you dont know me or have not read many of my posts.

These people seem to be walking away from BRFC Dave. That's a whole lot of difference to Venky's wanting to replace them with better people.

The base of this whole ridiculous situation, is that The Raos want to have the say on everything, including the football side of things. Until that changes, then IMO, we have no chance.

Walking away? Have they not gone to other positions?

Moving to another job when new owners take over is not uncommon.

If they left without another position, then that would be a different matter, that would be a clear indication that they could not work there under any circumstance.

Have we any indication as to who has taken the positions left vacant? I'd suggest that we wait until they are filled and the qualifications are identified before we make judgement.

Walking away? Have they not gone to other positions?

Moving to another job when new owners take over is not uncommon.

If they left without another position, then that would be a different matter, that would be a clear indication that they could not work there under any circumstance.

Have we any indication as to who has taken the positions left vacant? I'd suggest that we wait until they are filled and the qualifications are identified before we make judgement.

JW didn't have another position to go to, nor did TF.

JW didn't have another position to go to, nor did TF.

Den, we were talking about the doctors, not JW or TF.

Since you mentioned them, they walked away with a reasonable handshake (I presume) so would not be getting the dole the week after.

Rather, I'd bet their mobile and /or their home phone were constantly engaged with offers from others wanting their services.

Den, we were talking about the doctors, not JW or TF.

Yes Dave, I know.

If we are discussing personnel that have left the club, then widen the point to look at everyone who's left the club and you get a different perspective of what is actually happening here. You mention "who's replacing these people" - well has JW been replaced with anyone, let alone someone better? TF been replaced with better? Or indeed have any of these people been replaced with better?

It's fair enough to say that companies that get taken over often replace existing staff, but this is a football club and it looks to the majority of fans that these people have simply got out because they don't believe in the owners.

I agree Dave, just never thought it would happen so quickly, but then again maybe this is the norm.

It is not as though it is to save wages - as the dr will have to replaced anyway. This appears to be change just for the sake of it.

Yes Dave, I know.

If we are discussing personnel that have left the club, then widen the point to look at everyone who's left the club and you get a different perspective of what is actually happening here. You mention "who's replacing these people" - well has JW been replaced with anyone, let alone someone better? TF been replaced with better? Or indeed have any of these people been replaced with better?

It's fair enough to say that companies that get taken over often replace existing staff, but this is a football club and it looks to the majority of fans that these people have simply got out because they don't believe in the owners.

Point taken, Den, but Football club or company, they both have parties that have an interest.

OK the football club has an emotional side, but emotion can't be an issue when purchasing an asset, and this is what the Venkys have done. You cannot let your heart rule your head. That is a recipe for disaster. ( you probably think that is the case now. You may be right, but it hasn't happened yet)

I'll admit I'm disappointed with the outcome to date, but not to the point of slashing my wrists, as some on here are.

Maybe someone should ask these people why they left and post the answers on here, quotes and all.

Point taken, Den, but Football club or company, they both have parties that have an interest.

OK the football club has an emotional side, but emotion can't be an issue when purchasing an asset, and this is what the Venkys have done. You cannot let your heart rule your head. That is a recipe for disaster. ( you probably think that is the case now. You may be right, but it hasn't happened yet)

I'll admit I'm disappointed with the outcome to date, but not to the point of slashing my wrists, as some on here are.

Maybe someone should ask these people why they left and post the answers on here, quotes and all.

Many football clubs have been taken over Dave, but have any of those takeovers seen the huge number of departures that we have? If not, then why did it not happen on this scale elsewhere - and why is it happening here? I could understand it at a faltering lower league club, but at a stable PL club?

I'll leave it there.

Archived