BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Long-Serving Doctors Leave The Club

Guest Wen Y Hu

Press Association 9.49am

BLACKBURN TO SEND INJURED PLAYERS TO INDIA

By Steth O'Scope, Medical Correspondent

Blackburn Rovers are to send their injured players to India for medical treatment in a move that raises further doubt over the long-term direction of the club under new owners Venky's Hatcheries Ltd.

A Venky's spokesman said the club's medical facilities at Ewood Park and the training ground at Brockhall will be closed following the departure of the long-serving medical staff last week. The move to outsource physiotherapy treatment and serious long-term injuries to India will save money and give manager Steve Kean some welcome company on his regular long-haul flights to and from the sub-continent.

The spokesman said: "This move makes sense as we have very good doctors in India who we can pay at one tenth of the costs of similar staff in England. The players will also be able to clock up air miles and we can use the extra points to help pay their wages. This is a win-win for the players and the club."

Some Rovers players were not sure about the new scheme however. One senior member of the squad said the cramped leg-room in economy class could make their injuries worse. "I wouldn't mind if they were sending us first class where we can stretch our legs but they are proposing to stick us in the back of the plane," he said. "I can see some lads with hamstring injuries and torn cartiledges being carried off the plane on a stretcher."

Venky's say the doctors in India have access to world-class facilities. "British hospital food is known for its poor quality but in India the players will be able to eat chicken and eggs supplied by the company for only a nominal charge."

Vince Grella, the Rovers midfield player, is believed to be the first Rovers player to be sent to India for treatment. Grella, who has a long history of injury problems, said: "I can't wait to get out there. Brockhall was my second home I spent so much time in the treatment room and I'm look forward to a change of scenery in India. I'll probably take the wife and kids with me and with the expertise of the Indian doctors I should be ready for the 2014-15 season."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Press Association 9.49am

Blackburn Rovers are to send their injured players to India for medical treatment in a move that raises further doubt over the long-term direction of the club under new owners Venky's Hatcheries Ltd.

A Venky's spokesman said the club's medical facilities at Ewood Park and the training ground at Brockhall will be closed following the departure of the long-serving medical staff last week. The move to outsource physiotherapy treatment and serious long-term injuries to India will save money and give manager Steve Kean some welcome company on his regular long-haul flights to and from the sub-continent.

The spokesman said: "This move makes sense as we have very good doctors in India who we can pay at one tenth of the costs of similar staff in England. The players will also be able to clock up air miles and we can use the extra points to help pay their wages. This is a win-win for the players and the club."

Some Rovers players were not sure about the new scheme however. One senior member of the squad said the cramped leg-room in economy class could make their injuries worse. "I wouldn't mind if they were sending us first class where we can stretch our legs but they are proposing to stick us in the back of the plane," he said. "I can see some lads with hamstring injuries and torn cartiledges being carried off the plane on a stretcher."

Venky's say the doctors in India have access to world-class facilities. "British hospital food is known for its poor quality but in India the players will be able to eat chicken and eggs supplied by the company for only a nominal charge."

Vince Grella, the Rovers midfield player, is believed to be the first Rovers player to be sent to India for treatment. Grella, who has a long history of injury problems, said: "I can't wait to get out there. Brockhall was my second home I spent so much time in the treatment room and I'm look forward to a change of scenery in India. I'll probably take the wife and kids with me and with the expertise of the Indian doctors I should be ready for the 2014-15 season."

I hope this is a joke!!

Press Association 9.49am

Very good jimbo :lol:

Press Association 9.49am

Very good jimbo :lol:

At least you can appreciate the spirit in which it was written.

The idiot moderators have chosen to delete it .... this place is worse than Pravda.

Press Association 9.49am

The idiot moderators have chosen to delete it .... this place is worse than Pravda.

I enjoyed it.

IMO and based on pure rumours, but from I can gather I'm glad that Dr. Batty is no longer at the club, and a few other people will also be glad.

The fitness coach (Lamb) has been offered a promotion at Vill so it's only natural he should want to progress.

We did the same thing when we took Dave Fevre from Man Utd & I'm just very glad we've still got him.

No. The far from idiot moderators may have mistaken it for a genuine PA news wire article and erred on the side of caution.

Press Association 9.49am

Jim.. that is superb! tip my hat to you! youdve thought the name steth o'scope wouldve been a giveaway to the mods! :lol:

genuis that, jim. this post should be saved for all time!

without being rude.. that was too obvious to point out. the reasons as to why they have left have nothing to do with the owners.. so you cant allocate any blame to them regarding the docs departure (CAUSE HE'S GONE FOR A HIGHER PROFILE POSITION.. FOR MORE MONEY").

Zac - I have just read the whole thread. Thanks for trying to provide the information as to the reasons behind Batty's departure. I will take your word for it that it has nothing to do with Venkys.

However, if replacements for the posts are not found - and previous form is not exactly promising - would you then accept that it becomes the fault of Venkys? Do you believe they are capable of appointing competent staff?

Funny thing with this news is, if we weren't owned by Venky's, this wouldn't bave even gained its own thread :rolleyes:

Funny thing with this news is, if we weren't owned by Venky's, this wouldn't bave even gained its own thread :rolleyes:

No it's Venkeys actions that have precipitated it not them themselves. Whatever anyone thinks Allardyce, MacDonald, Willams, EHD, Finn, Matthewman, Lamb, Batty, Mowbray, Jones have all been good for the club but have all departed under the new regime. I've probably missed a few names too. All of those brought added value to the club and none of them were poor at their job or damaging to the future of BRFC.

Notwithstanding the fact that slitting throats is Venkeys core business just where will this particular cull at BRFC end do you think?

Answer me in all honesty K-Hod. Is it any wonder that people question their tenure of the club.

It is not just this Dr issue - who they HAVE TO REPLACE, LIKE IT OR NOT - but everything else they have done since being the onwers.

Just a simply question for you.

"what good thing / action have venkys done for BRFC since they have been the owners" But that is also a question for anybody who is pro venkys.

No it's Venkeys actions that have precipitated it not them themselves. Whatever anyone thinks Allardyce, MacDonald, Willams, EHD, Finn, Matthewman, Lamb, Batty, Mowbray, Jones have all been good for the club but have all departed under the new regime. I've probably missed a few names too. All of those brought added value to the club and none of them were poor at their job or damaging to the future of BRFC.

Notwithstanding the fact that slitting throats is Venkeys core business just where will this particular cull at BRFC end do you think?

Answer me in all honesty K-Hod. Is it any wonder that people question their tenure of the club.

It's just a coincidence, I'm sure.

"what good thing / action have venkys done for BRFC since they have been the owners"

As I posted elsewhere today, the subsidised travel and free mars bars & crisps at Wolves must be very high up the list. Hardly any rise on the price of season tickets is also a positive.

Buying a couple of players who have yet to be injured playing for the first team, is that a positive? Trimming back the staffing levels throughout the club therefore saving themselves BRFC a lot of money? Keeping their options open until the last possible moment before getting a lucrative sponsor in that will pay them BRFC lot's of money?

Other than that I'm really struggling. I'm sure there are billions more. Perhaps this should have it's own thread - "What have the Venkys ever done for us?"

As I posted elsewhere today, the subsidised travel and free mars bars & crisps at Wolves must be very high up the list. Hardly any rise on the price of season tickets is also a positive.

Buying a couple of players who have yet to be injured playing for the first team, is that a positive? Trimming back the staffing levels throughout the club therefore saving themselves BRFC a lot of money? Keeping their options open until the last possible moment before getting a lucrative sponsor in that will pay them BRFC lot's of money?

Other than that I'm really struggling. I'm sure there are billions more. Perhaps this should have it's own thread - "What have the Venkys ever done for us?"

yes they have trimmed the staff. Replaced with novices, such as Kean and now Mrs D doing the transfer negotations - even though she admitts knowing nothing about football. If you think a free mars bar / crisp is a positive. Then it must be a really cheap bribe to try and get the fans on board.

Last match of the season v wolves was a desperate situation for everybody connected with Rovers. A situation that could have been avoided by appointing a manager with experience. Replacing Sam, yes their choice. But they should have replaced him with a manager and not the coach.

Free mars bars and crisps, cheaper season tickets than rest of the prem, travel etc may well be good things for the supporters. But none of these do anything for the club as a whole. It just seems like a bribe in my opinion.

Rovers signed two players in January. One yet to play and, yes one showing good progress. The other players signed in January were loan players only. RSC a waste of time and money. Jones good, but now gone.

Rovers best prospect for awhile sold to man U - still not replaced.

No chairman, No Dr, no person to do the negotation in the buying and selling of players.

But they have yet to do anything good for the club.

However, if replacements for the posts are not found - and previous form is not exactly promising - would you then accept that it becomes the fault of Venkys? Do you believe they are capable of appointing competent staff?

it is my understanding that the owners will not have much say in the recruitment process.

this will be dealt with by the side of the business operating from ewood park.

• Moderation Lead

No theno of course it's no wonder. But, every thread turns into an anti-venky's, allardyce slanging match, and it's getting rather tedious. People obviously have different views to each other, such is life.

I just question the mentality of people coming on a messageboard of a team they 'support', solely to be critical of everything. Surely they have better things to do?

- "What have the Venkys ever done for us?"

Think not what Venky's have done for us but what we can do for Venky's.

.....or something along those lines

If you think a free mars bar / crisp is a positive.

CrispS Pafell. CrispS. Plural. i.e. More than one. Wasn't it a £10 voucher for Wolves? Not that I could be bothered queuing up mind you so maybe they were selling them singularly (a first for the Premier League, but probably only slightly ahead of it's time), but don't do our owners down.

Someone asked what have they achieved to date. I'd suggest that the money they gave Wolves so we could "buy" their over priced food and drink has to be in the top three. Certainly all I could think of anyway. Aren't they just fantastic?

Think not what Venky's have done for us but what we can do for Venky's.

.....or something along those lines

You find out which one doesn't want to sell Paul and I'll set about looking for a suitable grassy knoll.

You find out which one doesn't want to sell Paul and I'll set about looking for a suitable grassy knoll.

......................... the bank behind the Riverside between the BBE and Riverside stands..................

it is my understanding that the owners will not have much say in the recruitment process.

this will be dealt with by the side of the business LEFT operating from ewood park.

Thankyou for the reply and please forgive my above modification.

Will the recruitment process be dealt with in the same speedy, efficient and confidence inspiring way that the new regime have replaced our manager, chairman, managing director and most valuable player?

I was just wondering.

Archived