BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window Part 4

Ste B

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 Million pound bid for Honda placed with CSKA Moscow yesterday, no reply as of yet..

From a very good source who i have never known to be wrong!

Looks like we do have money then :)

Oh and to the person who said Honda was on a massive wage - hes on 1.3 million euros a year - £1.14 million

Which means his basic wage per week is rounded up to £22,000 a week.

This doesnt include bonus's etc.

Unless of course he has signed a new contract that i dont know about?

9 Million pound bid for Honda placed with CSKA Moscow yesterday, no reply as of yet..

From a very good source who i have never known to be wrong!

Looks like we do have money then :)

What was this talk of CSKA refusing a 25 million euro bid from someone recently (not this window...christmas I imagine)? I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Honda would be absolutely amazing, but doesn't really solve one of our main two problems positions. Getting a striker and a replacement for Jermaine Jones are the biggest issues.

At this point we don't really have anyone who can play alongside N'Zonzi in a way that we need, and we don't have anyone who could play the lone striker role. We do have players who can play attacking midfield...admittedly nowhere as good as Honda.

I know I shouldn't grumble if that's true but I can't help but think it's misguided...

The thought 'I hope this is true' or 'I hope we pull this off' is disappointed too many times lately.

I believe if we get an actual goalscorer (Defoe esque), Honda and a strong and reliable replacement for P.Jones PLUS keep all of our current quality players then this would be a fantastic window...................But will anything near this happen?

What was this talk of CSKA refusing a 25 million euro bid from someone recently (not this window...christmas I imagine)? I'm sure I read it somewhere.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/07/06/2562270/cska-moscows-25m-valuation-of-keisuke-honda-ends-juventus

Juventus were quoted 12 million euros - fact.

Some Journalist trying to spice things up ;)

Reason they didnt bid was because they have/had biger fish to fry!

to add to that callum, honda has made it quite clear to his bosses at cska that he wants out. i don't know a great deal about hissituation but i would think that if the 9M bid is true, then that is a very good offer. if it was turned down i would also think that it would only fuel his angst even more.

just imagine, september 1st 2011 and rovers come out of the transfer window smelling of roses......surely not?? :blink:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2011/07/06/2562270/cska-moscows-25m-valuation-of-keisuke-honda-ends-juventus

Juventus were quoted 12 million euros - fact.

Some Journalist trying to spice things up ;)

Reason they didnt bid was because they have/had biger fish to fry!

I could be wrong, it has been known from time to time, but didn't CSKA bump the price because they were still owed money from Juve for a previous transfer? I'm sure I read that on this board. Anyway Honda would be a class addition but as with all the other 'news' thats been leaked recently I won't hold my breath.

I see somebody beat me to it!

Forgive me for not getting remotely excited until this player is at Ewood parading his blue and white scarf and doing kickups.

If we can't even get through the Pavone transfer then I'm not too optimistic about this.

IF it happens though, I will be delighted and it will be a big plus. However considering my minimum expectation is that the Phil Jones money gets spent (or some kind of assurance that some of it is being held back for the next window), then it'll still need some doing for Venky's to repair the damage.

Honda would be absolutely amazing, but doesn't really solve one of our main two problems positions. Getting a striker and a replacement for Jermaine Jones are the biggest issues.

At this point we don't really have anyone who can play alongside N'Zonzi in a way that we need, and we don't have anyone who could play the lone striker role. We do have players who can play attacking midfield...admittedly nowhere as good as Honda.

I know I shouldn't grumble if that's true but I can't help but think it's misguided...

As you say nothing wrong with the speculation/link just not in the order we would like.

Cisse has not moved, N'Doye and many others around the globe are still sitting on their plumbs. (so to speak)

IF and a big if we could come out of the window, with the main striker Cisse, Honda and a quality defender that would not be bad at all, sprinkle in a few loans, say Bellamy/Caciedo, J Jones and a LB or even throw a bid in for Melo whose departure from Juve is imminent instead of Jones.

There I dared to dream. ;)

• Backroom

There defo was a bid made. It took a while to put through though. Mrs venky needed some persuading that it's a good business deal for raising the profile of the club etc.

Would you say it's a genuine offer with a chance or a token one?

Would you say it's a genuine offer with a chance or a token one?

Deffinatley im with a chance!

If what im told is true and the bid is of 9 million,

Juventus were quoted 12 million euros when they asked, which roughly equates to £10 million pounds

So we are pretty close to their evaluation.

Korean mate of mine text me earlier saying a rumour is circulating over there that we have bid 5 mill for park chu young of Monaco and hope to wrap it and showcase him at the Asia cup.

He should be on his way to Lille. They agreed a fee with Monaco of 8 million euros over two weeks ago, they player was up for the move. At that point I stopped paying attention, so not sure what the snag has been, but it seems unlikely that rovers have any serious interest as I have a friend who usually alerts me of any rovers movement in France. He isn't a great player anyway and 8 million is far too much. If it is 5-7 million for him or 9-12 for Honda then there should only be one choice.

Forgive my scepticism, but I'll believe it when it's all done and Honda plays in our 1st game Callumrovers/Makey11. So far this window has been like a night I remember when I was about 18 i.e. led up the garden path, and then disappointed.

I don't think either of us are saying it's a done deal.... Im defo not...

All I'm saying is that a bid HAS been made...

And that the player IS willing to join.

I dont think anyone would be stupid enough to think that it's a done deal from that especially with these loonys in charge changing their minds every 2 mins.

Archived