SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window Part 4

Ste B

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LT - Blackburn Rovers in talks with Serbian midfielder Petrovic

Radosav Petrović - Next few days 'pivotal' for player's future. Partizan’s director of sport says deal with Rovers is "close". Venky's source says a couple of issues need to be resolved.

Cédric Mongongu - Rovers still trying to sign him but there are "still a number of issues still be resolved for all parties".

Benjani Mwaruwari - Rovers hopeful he will accept new deal and join up with the squad in Hong Kong.

Bruno Ribeiro - Returned home to Brazil, could still sign for Rovers as he's out of contract. He would prefer a move to Rovers but has options in Brazil as well.

Nikola Kalinić - Hoping a £6million move to Dnipro will go through today. Venky's have been annoying him by holding out for more money for the player.

• Backroom

LT - Blackburn Rovers in talks with Serbian midfielder Petrovic

Radosav Petrović - Next few days 'pivotal' for player's future. Partizans director of sport says deal with Rovers is "close". Venky's source says a couple of issues need to be resolved.

Interesting.... am assuming these are the same issues Roma and Vitesse were unable to resolve. Hope we can sign him, but after the last few weeks not getting my hopes up.

Nikola Kalinić - Hoping a £6million move to Dnipro will go through today. Venky's have been annoying him by holding out for more money for the player.

One of the few good points about Venky's is they do seem to like squeezing money out of clubs for our players.... no problem with that. If we get £6m for Kalinic it's a huge success.

Interesting.... am assuming these are the same issues Roma and Vitesse were unable to resolve. Hope we can sign him, but after the last few weeks not getting my hopes up.

One of the few good points about Venky's is they do seem to like squeezing money out of clubs for our players.... no problem with that. If we get £6m for Kalinic it's a huge success.

Great for who? the club or Venky's balance sheet?

• Backroom

Great for who? the club or Venky's balance sheet?

Ultimately I don't see Kalinic improving as a footballer whilst he's here - I have said in a previous post I don't doubt he has the potential, but it won't be realised here. Considering he's barely played getting what we paid for him would be a good achievement, I would have expected him to go for £3-4M max. Venky's and the club are unfortunately entwined now, so I'm not sure it's possible to seperate what's good for them and good for Rovers... you'd hope that if their balance sheet reads positively they'd be more willing to spend on players for the club. It doesn't seem that way at the moment, but what else is there to hope for? They aren't selling, it seems.

Getting the £6m for Kalinic is ultimately dependant on Venky's getting in a striker to replace him. If we start the season with Roberts and Benjani as our attacking options the £6m will have admittedly have meant nothing to the club at all and will give the fans even more ammunition (as if it was needed) to fire at Venky's.

Ultimately I don't see Kalinic improving as a footballer whilst he's here - I have said in a previous post I don't doubt he has the potential, but it won't be realised here. Considering he's barely played getting what we paid for him would be a good achievement, I would have expected him to go for £3-4M max. Venky's and the club are unfortunately entwined now, so I'm not sure it's possible to seperate what's good for them and good for Rovers... you'd hope that if their balance sheet reads positively they'd be more willing to spend on players for the club. It doesn't seem that way at the moment, but what else is there to hope for? They aren't selling, it seems.

Getting the £6m for Kalinic is ultimately dependant on Venky's getting in a striker to replace him. If we start the season with Roberts and Benjani as our attacking options the £6m will have admittedly have meant nothing to the club at all and will give the fans even more ammunition (as if it was needed) to fire at Venky's.

At this rate think the easiest solution would be to take Santa or Bellamy on loan and meet spurs half way and give them 3m for Keane, wont exactly break the bank and would look a hell of alot healthier than Big Jase and the not even signed yet Benjani!

If they manage to get 6m that would be unbelievable business.

So, the burning question is, have we signed anyone yet?

A1. Myles Anderson

A2. Stop being provocative

A3. No

As of two minutes ago, neither Rovers nor Venky's London have filed any new mortgage documentation. I guess that signing is needed before any other signings are made.

At this rate think the easiest solution would be to take Santa or Bellamy on loan and meet spurs half way and give them 3m for Keane, wont exactly break the bank and would look a hell of alot healthier than Big Jase and the not even signed yet Benjani!

Spurs ain't not meeting nobody halfway. Don't think many clubs would let a player go for half of the amount they want for them - £20 million for Fabregas anyone?

A1. Myles Anderson

A2. Stop being provocative

A3. No

As of two minutes ago, neither Rovers nor Venky's Londo

n have filed any new mortgage documentation. I guess that

signing is needed before any other signings are made.

Maybe they've done it through an Indian bank.

Maybe they've done it through an Indian bank.

These are two English companies formed and governed under English law. They would still have to file at Companies House if they have pledged any form of security.

Indian base rates went up to 8% this morning so I guess you are saying Venky's are utterly daft.

Spurs ain't not meeting nobody halfway. Don't think many clubs would let a player go for half of the amount they want for them - £20 million for Fabregas anyone?

I said meet them half way, apparently we offered 2m, they dropped there value of him to 4m, again i repeat MEET THEM HALF WAY! That would be 3m! why dont you read the comments correctly rather than try be clever (which clearly is a stretch). Oh and Barca already offered more than 20m, so keep your extreme examples and stop tryin to show people up when you clearly havent a breeze! Love the double negative by the way but thats another days work!

I said meet them half way, apparently we offered 2m, they dropped there value of him to 4m, again i repeat MEET THEM HALF WAY! That would be 3m! why dont you read the comments correctly rather than try be clever (which clearly is a stretch). Oh and Barca already offered more than 20m, so keep your extreme examples and stop tryin to show people up when you clearly havent a breeze! Love the double negative by the way but thats another days work!

Bloody hell another stroppy newbie. Why do we put up with it? The site loses something with every one that joins during transfer windows.

Bloody hell another stroppy newbie. Why do we put up with it? The site loses something with every one that joins during transfer windows.

:lol:

Change is not good!

No not stroppy but why bother trawling threw comments looking for anything to latch onto, it was a suggestion to discuss and made perfect sense and some spa comes along tryin his best to be liked and funny but failed miserably...would you not rip someone a new one if they tried to get at you especially when they come across as a half wit?

Sheesh!

There was a maths teacher at my school who talked the same way you type.

....Love the double negative by the way but thats another days work!

Maybe what he lacks in double negative usage he makes back up by using the apostrophe correctly. You have missed two out of that short sentence alone...:blush:

Also you say it's a day's work (or "days work") but I reckon I could teach the concept of double negatives and how to avoid them in around an hour.

Maybe what he lacks in double negative usage he makes back up by using the apostrophe correctly. You have missed two out of that short sentence alone...:blush:

Also you say it's a day's work (or "days work") but I reckon I could teach the concept of double negatives and how to avoid them in around an hour.

HAHAHAHAHA the pack of wolves approach again...sad men! The double negative comment was to prove he hadnt a clue what he was talking about, i couldnt (yes no apostrophe again) give a toss about the grammar but when its (and again) as idiotic as that from someone trying to make other people look stupid, damn right i will pick up on it!

So you telling me lads that you see his reply as a valid one? You complain about the people on here yet get at me for putting one in his place??

Sheesh!

There was a maths teacher at my school who talked the same way you type.

You went to school?????

Archived