BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window Part 4

Ste B

I said meet them half way, apparently we offered 2m, they dropped there value of him to 4m, again i repeat MEET THEM HALF WAY! That would be 3m! why dont you read the comments correctly rather than try be clever (which clearly is a stretch). Oh and Barca already offered more than 20m, so keep your extreme examples and stop tryin to show people up when you clearly havent a breeze! Love the double negative by the way but thats another days work!

My argument still stands. If they wanted six million for him not too long ago, then dropped their valuation to four, why would they then drop this further?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HAHAHAHAHA the pack of wolves approach again...sad men! The double negative comment was to prove he hadnt a clue what he was talking about, i couldnt (yes no apostrophe again) give a toss about the grammar but when its (and again) as idiotic as that from someone trying to make other people look stupid, damn right i will pick up on it!

So you telling me lads that you see his reply as a valid one? You complain about the people on here yet get at me for putting one in his place??

You went to school?????

I was hoping to see some transfer news on here this morning......are you sure you're on the right messageboard ?

My argument still stands. If they wanted six million for him not too long ago, then dropped their valuation to four, why would they then drop this further?

You serious?? You answered your own question...they dropped it to 4 to see if anyone would bite, no one has so far and the longer that goes on im sure 3m and dare i say even 2m would be considered just to offload someone who they clearly dont want!

Next question, a civilised one too..would you welcome him??

What's wrong with the double negative? Works out that 'Spurs are meeting nobody halfway'.

Aye but you're not taking into account how ruthless Spurs are in the transfer market. They rarely let anybody go below their valuation.

And i'd probably take him but only because nothing else seems to be happening. He wouldn't be my first choice but we need numbers.

What's wrong with the double negative? Works out that 'Spurs are meeting nobody halfway'.

Aye but you're not taking into account how ruthless Spurs are in the transfer market. They rarely let anybody go below their valuation.

And i'd probably take him but only because nothing else seems to be happening. He wouldn't be my first choice but we need numbers.

They don't let players who they are happy to keep go for less than their valuation i.e Berba, Carrick and Modric but they dont care for Keane at all...I am not his biggest fan but reckon he would fit in well, especially with RSC alongside him...

They don't let players who they are happy to keep go for less than their valuation i.e Berba, Carrick and Modric but they dont care for Keane at all...I am not his biggest fan but reckon he would fit in well, especially with RSC alongside him...

Tell that to kranjcar

• Moderation Lead

I think if people look back to previous deals, Levy drives the hardest bargain- Carrick, Berbatov, and now Modric... Ok, so their squad statuses were a lot better than Keane's currently is, but I can't see him going anywhere for less than what Levy wants.

I think if people look back to previous deals, Levy drives the hardest bargain- Carrick, Berbatov, and now Modric... Ok, so their squad statuses were a lot better than Keane's currently is, but I can't see him going anywhere for less than what Levy wants.

Gah why we talking about Levy, personally think he is overrated.. sure he gets an extra few mil for players but at the end of the day keeping so many unwanted players on his books has got to be costing him way more than what he is holding out for (Kranjkar, Keane, Bassong, Palacios, Pienaar, dos Santos, Pavlyuchenko, Jenas must earn a fair old whack betweem them).

Interesting to see that we are linked to another well respected player, like witsel he can bang a few in from def midfield and also a reasonable price (to say the least).. bit I don't understand is why are they selling him so cheap?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/jul/27/steve-kean-blackburn?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. Interesting perspective on Kean. Basically keep your gob shut til you have done the business.

Agree with a lot of it, but quite interesting how they smack him for saying he's looking to bring in 4 new players, that teams keep their mouths shut about what they are looking for, then later links to Gil's quotes about looking to bring in a new player.

Agree with a lot of it, but quite interesting how they smack him for saying he's looking to bring in 4 new players, that teams keep their mouths shut about what they are looking for, then later links to Gil's quotes about looking to bring in a new player.

The difference is Gill's team, Man U're, have already brought a significant number of players, thus proved they can do it and probably don't need anyone else so Gill saying they may bring a another face in is OK. However, we have brought NO ONE in yet and yet Kean seems to say every week how close we are to making a signing and how he expects 3 or 4 players in by the time of his next press conference.

I don't think this article would exist if we were in Man U's position and brought in 3-4 first team improving players in. If we'd done that and Kean started talking about bringing a couple more in this criticism wouldn't exist. The fact is we haven't brought in one player yet and Kean and Venky's have not ever proved they are capable of attracting top talent to the team and all the reporter is saying is shut up until you have done it and proved it. It goes without saying that Gill and Fergie have proved they can attract and complete the signings of big players.

Gill's comment and Kean's are incomparable.

Just been Looking at Papiss Cisse on youtube. He looks quality, shame it seems are interest has died down.

Has all the right movement and knows where the goal is!

I dont understand why Vekys wont fork out for this? He young, will only improve, and has resale value?

I know that he plays in the german leauge and it is an iferior leauge to ours, but the german leauge is still pretty tough.

Whats not to like about this guy?

Just been Looking at Papiss Cisse on youtube. He looks quality, shame it seems are interest has died down.

Has all the right movement and knows where the goal is!

I dont understand why Vekys wont fork out for this? He young, will only improve, and has resale value?

I know that he plays in the german leauge and it is an iferior leauge to ours, but the german leauge is still pretty tough.

Whats not to like about this guy?

I wonder if it might come back on the menu if Kalinic leaves and Raul is privately funded by Venky's. Then you would have to say there is a chance - especially if his wage demands drop towards the end of the window.

How long does it take people to figure out that the 'oddity' over Petrovic is that he needs a work permit? With Kalinic that process took over a week and it will be a similar time frame with him.

If you want to know about finances can you take it somewhere else? this is suposed to be just transfers. and the Transfer Window Chat Thread has all this mumbo jumbo in it. And it's getting tiring looking through that for stuff because this has no become a huge debate about finances rather than transfers.

And the latest I have seen about Samba, Goodwillie and Petrovic:

Goodwillie - On his way back to Scotland

Seems that we wanted Kean to be there for the medical so he hasn't had it. But Rangers still haven't had a bid accepted.

Petrovic - Still waiting on work permit and has supossedly sorted bid and agreed terms with player.

Samba - Everton want Samba?. Seen a few reports of this. But wouldn't be european football so surely he would stay here?

Archived