BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raul

philipl

Surely we would know from Salgado whether Raul would want to join?

Last summer, Salgado teed up Raul and Guit, and it could have happened, however JW knocked it back.

I know for an absolute fact, both last year and up to a few days ago that Salgado had indicated Raul would come and I think thats what caused excitement amongst Rovers players, something has happened in the last few days to change that, be it Keans uncertainty or whatever but from four different sources (two off this MB and each one I trust) I got exactly the same story.

So whats gone wrong?

But then we have Makey, he seems pretty sure of his ground again, dont know who he is but he is obviously very close to the club with the information he has been posting!!

Interesting.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely we would know from Salgado whether Raul would want to join?

Last summer, Salgado teed up Raul and Guit, and it could have happened, however JW knocked it back.

I was just about to post the same thing.

It just seems bizarre that we would make an official approach before knowing whether he would join. I guess the only difference is that Raul was a free agent last season but come on, surely Salgado would have done the background checks first !

FFS it only took him about an hour to reject the approach !

Gutted.

'It is not that Raul decided not 2 go to Blackburn. He wanted 2 but club didnt let him go/Raul quería ir al Blackburn pero el club no le deja'

Guillem Balague just posted that on Twitter a couple of minutes ago

Can someone tell me what an official inquiry involves?

Is there any commitment whatsoever by "Rovers" to make an actual bid?

It's another hail of publicity for basically sending an email saying "could you tell us if Raul is available for transfer?".

Some time ago a poster made a "joke" about the transfer strategy at Rovers - something like:

Rovers: "Is player XYZ available for transfer?"

Other Club: "Yes, are you interes...".

Rovers: "Okay, thanks, bye". (Another one to add to the list!).

I'm starting to think they bugged the boardroom. :rolleyes:

We Will deffo know on thursday whether he has travelled with schalke to Helsinki or not.

Quite interesting

dan_bu dan_bu

by Schalke_UK

Schalke manager Rangnick is thinking about leaving Raúl out of the squad for their EL qualifier vs. Helsinki tomorrow, according to "Bild"

If this is Balaji putting his own money to buy him then it's brilliant.

If they are using Rovers' own money then it's not good at all, especially as that would suggest they will never put their own money in.

When you speak of Rovers own money what are you actually referring to? The net transfer spend is -£16m this summer, the proceeds pf which mostly went to paying down debt and are gone. There has been no indication of late that there's a set pot allocated to transfers from 'Venky's' such as the £5m pot of the winter transfer window. I fail to see the distinction at this point regarding which owner actually puts the money in, if it's not coming in as a loan, since there's no contractual obligation for them to do so and they can just take the money out when and if they see fit.

It seems Salgado is aware of Raul's feelings but some of this may not have translated right. :lol:

@dvicentecasado

Michel Salgado in @partidodelas12 "Raul d be delighted to come to Blackburn, but Shalke can not sell, he would throw up"

So apparently £10m for Jones and now £16m for Raul?!! And we thought levy was a tough negotiator!

Deep down Schalke know thats an unrealistic fee and no club in the right mind would pay that. Hence why I think they may be doing this to try and make Raul push through a move. Showing that Raul wanted to go and that he wasn't pushed out!

With all the greatest respects to Raul himself, im sure even he knows that no club would offer anywhere near that. Thus meaning he's going to have to push through a transfer.

So apparently £10m for Jones and now £16m for Raul?!! And we thought levy was a tough negotiator!

Deep down Schalke know thats an unrealistic fee and no club in the right mind would pay that. Hence why I think they may be doing this to try and make Raul push through a move. Showing that Raul wanted to go and that he wasn't pushed out!

With all the greatest respects to Raul himself, im sure even he knows that no club would offer anywhere near that. Thus meaning he's going to have to push through a transfer.

the scenario changes yet again......

schalke really taking the ###### now....

talking phil jones money for a 34 year old with year left on his contract!

You've been pretty accurate before if I remember correctly, so I'll take your word for it. Absolutely ridiculous if that's the case. No wonder we can't make any decent signings if players like Jones and Raul are being touted at 10+ million. Maybe they'll cave in beorr the end of the window.

Archived