SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Raul

philipl

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly.

This whole thing yesterday just looks like a publicity stunt.

All that has come out is the situation pretty well as it was two weeks ago give or take two phone calls saying the same things over again.

Jesus.

Schalke told the world's media that we spoke to them about getting Raul. As Kamy has repeatedly posted over the past month, Venky's have said nothing about Raul and have denied making any bid. The only way we're learning about this is from Schalke's end.

Its clearly not just a 'publicity stunt' as Venky's have said nothing about it.

But I guess that doesn't fit your argument so it must be rubbish.

When Kean first got caught for DD, Jerome Anderson placed the fall out with Givet into the papers to take the heat off Kean. There was no news- the Givet issue had been around for weeks but it hadn't hit the press until it was conveniently given to them to take Kean off the back pages.

Forgive me my scepticism for noting that that when the heat was on over Kean's conviction and untruths, another story which would detract from Kean and had been around for weeks hit the newsires and disappeared within two hours.

Jesus.

Schalke told the world's media that we spoke to them about getting Raul. As Kamy has repeatedly posted over the past month, Venky's have said nothing about Raul and have denied making any bid. The only way we're learning about this is from Schalke's end.

Its clearly not just a 'publicity stunt' as Venky's have said nothing about it.

But I guess that doesn't fit your argument so it must be rubbish.

I think phlipl has a point in some respects, the information we have seems to suggest that we could get Raul if the money was right, but the money wasn't right and possibly never would be from our end, too expensive.

That certainly comes under 'publicity stunt' for me.

Just on Venkys, they've obviously been telling Kamy and Cryer fibs all along, thats obvious, and is their right.

When Kean first got caught for DD, Jerome Anderson placed the fall out with Givet into the papers to take the heat off Kean. There was no news- the Givet issue had been around for weeks but it hadn't hit the press until it was conveniently given to them to take Kean off the back pages.

Forgive me my scepticism for noting that that when the heat was on over Kean's conviction and untruths, another story which would detract from Kean and had been around for weeks hit the newsires and disappeared within two hours.

Kean was convicted for DD and I'm pretty sure its grabbed more headlines than other Rovers news recently. To me its not a particularly relevant issue anyway and the Givet story was far more so.

The point is that how can this be considered a publicity stunt when Venky's have clearly tried to not let anyone know about it from their end, see Kamy's recent posts, and the only way we have discovered that Venky's approached Schalke is through Schalke themselves... We've arguably heard less from Venky's regarding this transfer than any other..

Kean isn't that important at the moment. You hate the guy, clearly, but he's not the biggest problem we have. Venky's not spending any money is one of them.

I think phlipl has a point in some respects, the information we have seems to suggest that we could get Raul if the money was right, but the money wasn't right and possibly never would be from our end, too expensive.

That certainly comes under 'publicity stunt' for me.

Just on Venkys, they've obviously been telling Kamy and Cryer fibs all along, thats obvious, and is their right.

Schalke have been the ones to talk to the media, not Venky's. If Venky's had come out and spoken about making efforts to sign Raul then you'd be right, its a publicity stunt. But that's not the case. Venky's have been trying to land Raul without it leaking into the media... how is that a publicity stunt???

As mentioned twice in the eight posts above yours.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. In all my stupidity I thought some people would like an actual source and not just twitter feeds. Won't happen again...

Schalke have been the ones to talk to the media, not Venky's. If Venky's had come out and spoken about making efforts to sign Raul then you'd be right, its a publicity stunt. But that's not the case. Venky's have been trying to land Raul without it leaking into the media... how is that a publicity stunt???

As soon as you make an offer for a player the media find out, simple as that, thats what happened yesterday.

Its been well documented by several sources that Raul wanted wages out of our reach, so why make a bid for the player knowing we can't match his wages?

Direct from Salgado tonight when I asked him about Raul 'been in talks for 3 weeks, he wants to come to Blackburn and his wife wants to move to England' said it won't happen 'as schalke don't want sell him' also said they will sign him on a free possible next summer, if we still want him.

Top bloke, Kean also said more or less same thing.

I am guessing that would be classed as a bit naughty right? We basically didn't ask Schalke and went straight to Raul.

I am guessing that just as we have been grumpy in the past when teams have done that to us Schalke are not going to be happy bunnies in regards to how we dealt with this.

Monday morning Schalke deny any enquiries from rovers (they must of been responding to rumours) >> Manager receives offer same day >> Meets with Raul >> Raul says yes and we have already agreed terms over the last few weeks >> Schalke manager mighty unimpressed >> Raul put on naughty step for breaking rules

As soon as you make an offer for a player the media find out, simple as that, thats what happened yesterday.

Its been well documented by several sources that Raul wanted wages out of our reach, so why make a bid for the player knowing we can't match his wages?

As per Hughesy's post we have apparently been in talks with him.. def had to know his wage demands.

Probably would also mean any JJ deal would be out of the window as well.

Did't Barry Chuckle have some funds put away for our 'marquee' player? Raul could be classed as such, though maybe not in the Ronaldinho or Beckham league of publicity, could certainly raise our profile and Venky's brand.

Archived