BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Matt Derbyshire

heysham rover

I hope we can do better, he proved in his last spell that he was only of use as an impact sub, and was unhappy as he wasn't a regular.

Granted he chips in with the odd goal, but his game is very limited and fans seem to over-rate him due to him being a local lad.

Guest Rovers4Good

Personally i think we need someone like him, he was a great prof and he always scored goals and i for one thing he'd be welcomed back with open arms. :)

I hope we can do better, he proved in his last spell that he was only of use as an impact sub, and was unhappy as he wasn't a regular.

Granted he chips in with the odd goal, but his game is very limited and fans seem to over-rate him due to him being a local lad.

He is clever at getting in at the back stick, Bellamy did that and whilst not as good as Bellamy, he can score goals, bet he would get more than Roberts, MB Diouf and Blackman put together!

I had no idea he was without a club.

I was initially going to shun the idea, but given that he's on a free then I'd be happy if he came back. Don't forget he can play as a wide striker also, that could be very useful if we (hopefully) stick the same formation that we used at the end of last season.

What's his twitter address? Can't find it on Google.

I had no idea he was without a club.

I was initially going to shun the idea, but given that he's on a free then I'd be happy if he came back. Don't forget he can play as a wide striker also, that could be very useful if we (hopefully) stick the same formation that we used at the end of last season.

What's his twitter address? Can't find it on Google.

He is awful out on the right! Especially when we are 2-1 up against Man City and we need to keep possession...

• Backroom

As a previous poster stated, I'd take him on a free ahead of Benjani assuming his wages were low. Perhaps by now he's realised he's not quite first team material for a premiership club. Still a handy sub/squad member though.

Perhaps by now he's realised he's not quite first team material for a premiership club.

Exactly, so why would we want any player who isn't good enough for the Prem - unless we are going down the "good squad player" route, ala Keith.

no, not good enough, has nothing to his game apart from the odd goal, waste of wages in my opinion. Probably do a job at a championship club or a top half league one club. Stanley would be a good club for him, would score a load of goals there.

Been following Derbs on Twitter and he has talked a lot about a desire to return to rovers be it now or in the future, saw this morning he tweeted 'are my dreams coming true again', which reading into it could relate to a return to Rovers. Thoughts?

Moments after his tweet 'are my dreams coming true again', he put this 'Nothing to do with football guys but that would be great'

Been following Derbs on Twitter and he has talked a lot about a desire to return to rovers be it now or in the future, saw this morning he tweeted 'are my dreams coming true again', which reading into it could relate to a return to Rovers. Thoughts?

someone on twitter could ask him.. if theyre clever about phrasing a question :)

edit// just seen what he put after it. covering his tracks ?? :P

He left because he wasn't happy at being a sub all too often, despite failing to impress when given a start.

Why would he be happy on the bench now?

Beggars can't be choosers. He hasn't proven he can be a PL starter, so he'd better set his sights a little lower then.

his agent hasnt heard anything about ANY move!

this thread was started following his tweet about his dreams coming true again!

within minutes he had re-tweeted saying it is not football related

that should have been the end of the speculation. we didn't need his agents confirmation to clear up a mis-understanding lol

Moments after his tweet 'are my dreams coming true again', he put this 'Nothing to do with football guys but that would be great'

Maybe he is expecting another child, or something like that? Who knows. I always liked Derbyshire, he comes across as a pretty nice guy, looked like a good goal poacher at one point and has the same birthday as me.

Archived