BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Allardyce on Kean and Venky's

• Backroom

Evil? Ha ha brilliant. As someone else said most succesful people in business will stab people in the back now and then.

Vibrant football? Yeah right, the club was far more attractive with Hughes in charge, people bought because the price was right.

I'm still amazed that Sam didn't get the Chelsea job this summer!

He'll have no problem getting West Ham back up though, nor should he with that squad at his disposal but still some will use it as further proof he is Godly.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll have no problem getting West Ham back up though, nor should he with that squad at his disposal but still some will use it as further proof he is Godly.

Championship is a tough league, won't be that easy. Relegation can really hurt some clubs, will be interesting to see what happens generally in that league because it is so competitive.

Thanks OOJW, but I just figured that there was nothing else to say on the matter, given all that's been spouted on here, in the media, on tv et al since Allardyce was relieved of his duties.

Especially when you consider that nothing that was posted is exactly a revelation, such assertions have been made for a long time, again since Allardyce left the club. Hardly breaking new ground is it now?

Yes similar comments have been muted since he left. But they are today topical now he has mentioned the subject as many were simply guessing before.

Some would rather his time here was erased from the record books but it is hard to understand why.

Anyway onwards and upwards. He will divide opinion at West Ham and we can enjoy 'penalty box entries', 'amazing positives' and losing matches whilst being educated on how brilliantly we are playing.

I had hoped it was time folks began looking forward, but obviously not.

Can any of you say, that during Sam's tenure, you attended every match bar one or two at the most (not you, Parson, the most faithful of all ;))?

If so, you would have called for the rope long ago. I had got to the stage where I was actually seriously wondering how much more I could stomach. Vibrant football my foot. Yes we were in a decent position, etc etc etc etc. But to be fair, could anyone truthfully say they could see him getting on with the owners and/or were entertained by some of the dross we were offered under the name of a game of football?

I did like Sam though strangely enough, and he's not going to go away and shut up.

But I cannot bring myself to wish West Ham well I'm afraid.

And JW,Tom Finn and Neil McDonald as well, greedy buggers!! ;)

I'm not the one judging them. If I was in their position I would have taken the cash too. Good luck to them. But to make out that there is something fishy about it is either very naive or very mischievous.

Usually you get better when you remove the poison.

Venky's style is to bind it into the wound and pay for an expensive looking dressing.

I don't think there was anybody who had any doubt last November that JA/Kentaro would rip off the Venky's and stuff them good and proper. Well what a surprise, that is exactly what happened and finally the dopey slow coaches of Pune acted to get rid.

Unfortunately, Kean and Jensen, the ghosts of Kentaro/JA are still at Rovers. Perhaps for not much longer.

Kentaro. Its obvious. Not Keans fault. Doesnt meen hes a backstabber.

Of course it does. Sam came as close to saying it outright as he could. Would you want to work with an evil backstabbing barsteward like Kean?

These "gagging" or confidentialty orders are almost impossible to enforce, I work on them on a regular basis and the employer has to go to the County Court to recover the compensation payment for a breech of the contract.

This effectively means that they seek redress for a breech of the clause by going to a public court, and all the beans are at risk of being spilt.

If he did not receive a lump sum but rather is still being paid off in installments as per his contract or under a similar agreement he's hardly likely to jeapordise that in exchange for an interview fee, a plate of spag bol and a glass or two of chianti is he? I imagine his original contract will contain a confidentiallity clause which is still in place. No doubt we'll find out more when the the final payment from our new overdraft / Phil Jones money is in his bank account.

Also and this is the biggy.... I can think of no club chairman / owners who would readily employ a squealer. If he keeps schtummm it's a big career plus whether it be for clubs here or abroad or for the England job which he so covets.

btw the WHU job if succesful would count as one massive leap forward at a. Wapping and b. Lancaster Gate. Both of who he needs backing him.

Of course it does. Sam came as close to saying it outright as he could. Would you want to work with an evil backstabbing barsteward like Kean?

Agreed.

It's one of the reasons (the main one being poor results/performance) why I will never take to Kean.

He's a liar, allegedly a backstabber, a blagger and a 'yes' man.

Big Sam is a proper manager and you may not like it but vast majority of what he says there is true.

That is an incredibly sanitised version of what went on.

Steve Kean is evil and the club has no future whilst he remains manager.

This is hilarious. Really made me smile.

Evil? Opportunist, maybe. But that's business. If Kean had been a success last year no one would give a toss about how he got the job. Such is life.

As for Allardyce, he needs to move on and concentrate on making Upton Park "vibrant".

Thanks OOJW, but I just figured that there was nothing else to say on the matter, given all that's been spouted on here, in the media, on tv et al since Allardyce was relieved of his duties.

Especially when you consider that nothing that was posted is exactly a revelation, such assertions have been made for a long time, again since Allardyce left the club. Hardly breaking new ground is it now?

I love history in fact my favourite TV channel is the History Channel K-Hod. The carry on at BRFC is like a series on that. Like 'Hitlers Henchmen' in fact (thanks for the inspiration Bucky). Allardyces dismissal was Episode 2 and the final episode will only be completed when the Venkey mob metaphorically speaking are smouldering in their bunker. :tu:

The man is a complete arse, he should keep his big trap shut and concentrate on managing West Ham, but his ego just won’t allow that to happen.

He was sacked because his methods are from the dark ages, and teams play cr@p football, simple as that, ‘Vibrant football’ :lol:

He did nothing towards help selling the club, is only interested in self-publicity, and thank god he was sacked when he was.

Thats better :D

Agreed.

It's one of the reasons (the main one being poor results/performance) why I will never take to Kean.

He's a liar, allegedly a backstabber, a blagger and a 'yes' man.

Big Sam is a proper manager and you may not like it but vast majority of what he says there is true.

Kean is not a leader of men and never will be. Allardyce for all his faults was and thats that. Leaders are born not taught. People can prevaricate all they want about Kean/Allardyce/Ince/Hughes but that really is the nub of the matter. 2 are natural leaders who command respect and get it and 2 are useless tossers. No need to explain further is there?

The man is a complete arse, he should keep his big trap shut and concentrate on managing West Ham, but his ego just won’t allow that to happen.

He was sacked because his methods are from the dark ages, and teams play cr@p football, simple as that, ‘Vibrant football’ :lol:

He did nothing towards help selling the club, is only interested in self-publicity, and thank god he was sacked when he was.

Gav how naive are you? :rolleyes: You really must try to think things through more instead of taking everything at face value.

1. Allardyce like most public figures will be paid for interviews.

and

2. Cultivating good links and contacts within the press and media is a massive plus in his line of work. To help him in his career it's wise to have the press/media on his side not against him.

How strange.

You rate the Venky's and Kean ever so highly, but a man who did well and clearly tried his best at the club and incidentally has forgotten more than the above will ever know receives zero respect from you.

If in the dark ages why has he been re-employed? Crap football? Yet you think we play good football at this time? Complete arse? Egos? Oh dear. This is top level sport, they all have one otherwise they would never have got this far.

Boring, ill-informed and unnecessary comment on something topical today. If you cannot respond with any logic, common sense or reason then why bother?

Kean is not a leader of men and never will be. Allardyce for all his faults was and thats that. Leaders are born not taught. People can prevaricate all they want about Kean/Allardyce/Ince/Hughes but that really is the nub of the matter. 2 are natural leaders who command respect and get it and 2 are useless tossers. No need to explain further is there?

Souey was a born leader yet it didn't stop him falling out with all and sundry, Drogster.

2. Cultivating good links and contacts within the press and media is a massive plus in his line of work. To help him in his career it's wise to have the press/media on his side not against him.

His media contacts don't seem to have helped him all that much. No PL club would touch him with a bargepole and he was forced to drop down a league.

Archived