BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Villa away tickets

I'm thinking of travelling up to Villa for the game on Saturday and have been looking into tickets. Rovers' website list standard away as £40 (!!!) whereas when I have looked at the Villa home they seem to be doing them for £20.... I thought the idea is that away fans can only be charged as much as the local fans? Is that not right?

Is there a way to get cheaper tickets than the £40 listed on the website?

Hello all finally managed to find some strength to post , bitterly disappointed about yesterday. Got to keep faith though as I believe if just one of samba , nelsen or givet was fit we woudnt of lost . Samba , givet should be fit for next week add to that petrovic I think we have a good chance next week , I shall be going but sitting in the villa end with sum villa fan mates . Keep the faith boys

As long as there is an equivalent section in the home section at £40, they can charge it the away team- even if the rest of the ground is cheaper.

Asked around and nearly all the away regulars I know are giving it a miss.

and me... im making a stand.

i expect lowest away following in years.. and that's saying something!

I'm thinking of travelling up to Villa for the game on Saturday and have been looking into tickets. Rovers' website list standard away as £40 (!!!) whereas when I have looked at the Villa home they seem to be doing them for £20.... I thought the idea is that away fans can only be charged as much as the local fans? Is that not right?

Is there a way to get cheaper tickets than the £40 listed on the website?

There are tickets in home areas from £15 (or I think £14 for restricted view).

Also in the home end in the section near the away fans there are family tickets 2 adults & 2 children for £50.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2413326,00.html

This to me sums up the Premier League as it stands now and i hope we do end up with a poor following due to ticket pricing and i hope if it does happen then the gutter press tell the true story about why Rovers have hardly any fans there although i doubt that will happen. I lost all interest in football last season after England's world cup performance but i was just starting to get the bug back then i read about these ticket prices and then i think why bother as its such a rip off its untrue!!

This to me sums up the Premier League as it stands now and i hope we do end up with a poor following due to ticket pricing and i hope if it does happen then the gutter press tell the true story about why Rovers have hardly any fans there although i doubt that will happen.

The press will just use it as another excuse to have a go at Rovers. Usual stuff.

I'm defo not going. Just Wigan and Bolton for me unless Venky's pull some decent players out of a hat.

Bolton seemed to only have a few hundred in the top tier at QPR- £45 wasn't it?

Enough is enough.

Yeah the fans had decided to make a stand against it…..problem is they only organised it a few weeks before the season started, by which point they had already sold a couple of hundred tickets.

Hopefully their new owners will reduce prices, otherwise we need to make a point of trying to get 0 away fans there when we play them.

As with Villa – I refuse to give them £40 for a ticket…….£30 fair enough, but not £40!

Bolton seemed to only have a few hundred in the top tier at QPR- £45 wasn't it?

Enough is enough.

It was actually £50 for Bolton fans at QPR. I will be at Villa on Saturday, perhaps some kind of blind loyalty but I fully understand why some ardent fans will not be going.

There are tickets in home areas from £15 (or I think £14 for restricted view).

Also in the home end in the section near the away fans there are family tickets 2 adults & 2 children for £50.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2413326,00.html

I was in the home end , the season we won the league !!! Wonderful day big Col scored the winner early 1st half ...Hey ho , whatever the gutter press may write about Blackburn Rovers , THEY CANNOT TAKE AWAY THOSE MEMORIES !!!!

I am absolutely shocked I was so looking forward to going to Loftus road but at those prices they can stick their £50 where the sun don't shine being a supporter from London was really looking forward to it I do think if they do that to us when we are due to play them we should protest & one of the favourites to go down totally shocking that.

Archived