BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

In the 'movie discussion thread' to boot. Barmy isn't it? ;)

Lol..I'm trying to Download Spiderman 3 from the WEB(nephews jokes) :huh: .

I've tryed the tv links that somebody left on here,but i need to install divx,whatever that is,but i was looking at the Warriors poster above.I watched that movie years ago,and i remember enjoying it,but i can't remember the story.I've downloaded it from that link , and it's playing perfect.there was another film out at about the same time,the Wanderers.

Whoever put the link up........cheers. B)

Was that a computer game before the film? I don't know as it was about 1982 when the film was out, so I would have been 1. That would be the exception to the rule though, you'd have to admit.

Resident Evil, Tombraider, Final Fantasy, Pirates of the Carribean (inspired by the Monkey Island series), The Wizard, AVP

and of course we have some in production that I am eagerly anticipating Max Payne, Halo and Far Cry

I really don't think they'll be laughing their arses off at all, in fact the superhero stuff are very popular to all ages.It's pure escapism.Incidentally they do box sets to cater for all types, even the more intelletually challenged Barry Norman types.

Add me to the list of fans of superhero to comic movies, fact still stands though...those movies blew

Lol..I'm trying to Download Spiderman 3 from the WEB(nephews jokes) :huh: .

I've tryed the tv links that somebody left on here,but i need to install divx,whatever that is,but i was looking at the Warriors poster above.I watched that movie years ago,and i remember enjoying it,but i can't remember the story.I've downloaded it from that link , and it's playing perfect.there was another film out at about the same time,the Wanderers.

Whoever put the link up........cheers. B)

Warriors is a great movie, bought the DVD last year. Basic plot is a bout a NYC gang who are falsly accused of killing another gang leaders member and have to travel through lots rival gangs territory to get back to coney island.

DIVX is just another way of packaging up the movie into a format the computer can understand a bit like mpeg and wmv. You can download the divx codecs (software needed to play them) fairly easily from divx.com and you can normally tell a divx movie as it ends with .avi. Some dvd players actually recognise the format and will play dvd's with Divx movies on them. Once the codec is installed you should be up and running and be able to play the movie in windows media player if you so wish. I personally use media player classic myself as its extremely lightweight

Only issue you might have is sound as some divx movies have surround sound encoded in them, but thats for another topic in the pc and concole section.....

Street Fighter, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Wing Commander, Super Mario Bros...

...the list of rubbish films from computer games is seemingly endless.

######, the ones I mentioned were excellent movies

Forgot about Street Fighter. That really stank, but thankfully it wasn't Raul Julio's last film before he died. Even that didn't finish Jean-Claude Van Damme's career though.

Watched Street Fighter again the other day, for all it's faults (and Kylie Minogue's horrendous acting) it is one of the few game to movies that stuck pretty much smack bang in line with the game story

Saw 300 last week, forgot to say I though it was actually pretty crap.

Fight scenes were fine but no backstory so i didn't connect with the characters, I really didn't give two hoots if they died or not.

Oh and the Scottish accent was too strong which ended up annoying me

Would you rather they spoke in that Aussie tone that sounds like they're asking a question? even when they're not? And then they add that slightly whiny quality some Australians have when they speak?

Nah, they should have all put on p_ss-take New Zealand accents. "Wi mahst fight to tha dith bros. Are you with me?" "YIS!" The film would probably be much better.

Never fancied 300. From the clips I saw, it looked like a load of men in pants shouting. No story, or characterisation. It's a shame as the story behind the Greco-Persian war would make a great film. This is coming from someone who loves all the old epics from the 1950's and 60's, especially El Cid.

Edited by Billy Castell

It was based on a comic wasn't it. I'd want a huge 3 hour film that shows all the politics and different characters involved. That's why I like Tora! Tora! Tora!, and not Peal Harbour, or prefer A Night to Remember over Titanic. It shows the events within a greater context, and is not all big explosions and crap diologue.

I love Mars Attacks! It was very funny. Starship Troopers was OK, but I couldn't help thinking "They have effing spaceships, so why are they using mass infrantry tactics like World war 1? where's The Death Star type thing?" Well that and that everyone looked about 20. I can't remember any old experienced soldiers being there.

Edited by Billy Castell

I had two issues with it, a bit like you and the star ships - why use small tactical nukes but not the big world killer ones - but it would make for a very dull movie.

The other was ripping that claw out of Dizzy's chest - LEAVE IT IN YOU FOOLS.

Dizzy, mmmmmm :wub:

Warriors is a great movie, bought the DVD last year. Basic plot is a bout a NYC gang who are falsly accused of killing another gang leaders member and have to travel through lots rival gangs territory to get back to coney island.

DIVX is just another way of packaging up the movie into a format the computer can understand a bit like mpeg and wmv. You can download the divx codecs (software needed to play them) fairly easily from divx.com and you can normally tell a divx movie as it ends with .avi. Some dvd players actually recognise the format and will play dvd's with Divx movies on them. Once the codec is installed you should be up and running and be able to play the movie in windows media player if you so wish. I personally use media player classic myself as its extremely lightweight

Only issue you might have is sound as some divx movies have surround sound encoded in them, but thats for another topic in the pc and concole section.....

Thanks for the info, much appreciated,I've installed dvix,now.I watched Warriors, and i really enjoyed it.I loved the baseball gang best of all.I'll have a look and see if i can find it on dvd.I prefer windows media player, and i also have a power dvd installed that came with a disc that came with the computer.I prefer getting the original films, because you get all the special stuff and features, especially sub titles.

I'm also going to look for the Wanderers movie,as well(it's not a film about the Trotters hehe,)it's not that scary. :rolleyes:

Saying that, the tvlinks site is ok, some movies play , and some won't.(SPECIFIED FILE MISSING ON SOME.)

Resident Evil, Tombraider, Final Fantasy, Pirates of the Carribean (inspired by the Monkey Island series), The Wizard, AVP

and of course we have some in production that I am eagerly anticipating Max Payne, Halo and Far Cry

Add me to the list of fans of superhero to comic movies, fact still stands though...those movies blew

I tend to find what makes these superheroes popular to me, is nostalgia.I remember beng knee high to a grasshopper when all these were on tv.Looking back now, some of the old tv stuff looks so corny,especially Batman lol.

Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Fantastic 4, Stingray,Thunderbirds, BLACKBURN ROVERS......You never forget the superheroes you grew up with.

Edited by ewoodblue

Would you rather they spoke in that Aussie tone that sounds like they're asking a question? even when they're not? And then they add that slightly whiny quality some Australians have when they speak?

Nah, they should have all put on p_ss-take New Zealand accents. "Wi mahst fight to tha dith bros. Are you with me?" "YIS!" The film would probably be much better.

Never fancied 300. From the clips I saw, it looked like a load of men in pants shouting. No story, or characterisation. It's a shame as the story behind the Greco-Persian war would make a great film. This is coming from someone who loves all the old epics from the 1950's and 60's, especially El Cid.

Um no......

I would have preferred? a pommy actor with a soft accent? who could still give the? strong? performance without the requirement to think I was watching a Scottish version of Braveheart.

And let Flopsy use the term 'stylised graphic novel' instead of comic otherwise he will sound like a fanboy

I had two issues with it, a bit like you and the star ships - why use small tactical nukes but not the big world killer ones - but it would make for a very dull movie.

The other was ripping that claw out of Dizzy's chest - LEAVE IT IN YOU FOOLS.

Dizzy, mmmmmm :wub:

Or just carpet bomb the place like they eventually did with t'Roughnecks. It's escapism either way.

I saw Spider-man 3 tonight. Utter, utter tripe. Such a letdown because the other two were pretty entertaining.