BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Just finished watching the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film. I really, really enjoyed it. Forget the rubbish films previously, this one follows the old cartoons superbly with updated animation but still in a style you recognise. Shame the old theme tune was not there!

Just finished watching the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film. I really, really enjoyed it. Forget the rubbish films previously, this one follows the old cartoons superbly with updated animation but still in a style you recognise. Shame the old theme tune was not there!

You need help.

[fanboy]How come everyone gets spidey's name wrong all the time? It's Spider-Man you know, not Spiderman....[/fanboy]

Also, I really want to go see TMNT but we're only getting the dubbed version here at the moment, which I refuse to see! Looks like I'll have to wait for a DVD release :(

At least it won't be long until May 4...

Ok, so I err...came across a non dubbed copy of TMNT and I've just watched it and loved the hell out of it. It was a lot of fun, took me back to the good old days. The characters were instantly recognizable, the humor was there and the fun was there. The action was great and the animation was spectacular IMO. I mean that fight scene in the rain...how did they DO that?! Superb stuff!

An interesting new film coming out soon is "Grindhouse" which is a film of two halves. One half directed by Quentin Tarantino and the other by Roberto Rodriguez in what is, I think, his first film since the brilliant and visually striking "Sin City".

Looks pretty gory but unfortunately not out in cinemas here until June. If it is anything like "Sin City" it will be best seen in a cinema. Grindhouse trailers

• 2 weeks later...
Bloomin' 'ell. A Blackburn lad! I didn't realize he directed the Cock and Bull movie with Coogan. That's next on me list....

In the Daily Telegraph of 14/04. they had a list of the top 21 British Directors of all time. Michael Winterbottom is listed as 12th. " In contrast to many direcotrs......Winterbottom is dauntlessly profilic. Also, dautingly versatile. He moves with cosummate ease from literary adaptation ( Jude 1996 ) to pop-culture follies ( 24 Hour Party People 2002 ) and excoriating social drama ( In this World 2002 ) and then back to the Eng Lit canon with his cunningly post modern take on Tristram Shandy ( Cock and Bull Story 2005 )."

i don't know if anybody else is interested in a movie called 'Zodiac"....based on the serial killer that terrorised southern california in the late sixties and 70's. i have seen countless documentaries on this muppett, and the one thing that (for me) makes going to see this movie pointless, is the fact that he has NEVER EVER been caught. for all those who know about him, we all know about the artifacts and all that stuff.

i just think it is a complete waste of time, to make a movie about a guy that everybody knows was never caught, and also taht we have seen all the documentaries pertaining to him and all the so called eveidence etc etc.

anybody else??

I'm just back from seeing The Curse of the Golden Flower. Be warned: while this is directed by the same guy who made Hero and House of Flying Daggers, it is nothing like those films. Intense, terribly serious and, at times, exhausting don't go hoping for a blitz of beautifully choreographed martial arts. It has nothing of the sort. :blink:

Edited by Rovermatt

I prefer House of Flying Daggers to Hero actually. Only just though.

This latest film is ok. It's well made, it looks amazing and has some very fine acting. Yet there's a palpable lack of entertainment value (of any kind) and the plot is, at times, very silly. You also couldn't give a flying one about any of the characters, all are either boring or despicable. And yes there's a bit of stylish sword-weilding towards the end but by that point you're so drained that you'll hardly notice.

Edited by Rovermatt

Oh happy days, they've made a sequel to 'Elizabeth'. Cate Blanchett returns with Geoffrey Rush as Walsingham and Clive Owen as Walter Raleigh in 'The Golden Age'.

The trailer's fantastic (can't find it on the web anywhere), all armoured up on horseback shouting to her army 'I have a harridan in me that will slaughter Spain'

golden2.jpg

Nearly lost bladder control :rolleyes:

Bought The Thing for a friends birthday after being reliably informed by several websites that it was one of the scariest movies of all time!

Not sure about it myself! Anyone else think it is scary? And if not what are the scariest films they have seen?

The thing is a great film but my Scariest films would be (all based on my first viewings of them)

The Descent

Wolf Creek

The Omen

Alien

The Shining

Jacob's Ladder

In no particular order.

Edited by roversyoyo