BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Have started going to the cinema a bit with mrs wilky (note this doesnt coincide with receiving a pile of vouchers for Vue at the Breezeblock!) went to see White Noise 2 last night, god knows what I was expecting, but it wasnt that!

Having said that it made pretty good viewing.

I really enjoyed white noise 1 (up until the ending really) is this similar or have they totally changed it?

This is an old one but its a question i have from a film i watched a while back.

I never played the game but went to see silent hill in the cinema, i enjoyed the film but i didnt really get the ending of it, are they dead or are they trapped in the other dimension that silent hill is part of? or am i a million miles away from the correct solution??

This is an old one but its a question i have from a film i watched a while back.

I never played the game but went to see silent hill in the cinema, i enjoyed the film but i didnt really get the ending of it, are they dead or are they trapped in the other dimension that silent hill is part of? or am i a million miles away from the correct solution??

I think its the second one, though the film really stopped making sense in the third act.

I think the idea was when they first entered the town they entered an alternate dimension - as evidenced by Sean Bean running up and down the same streets as them at the same time (with his dodgy American accent), but not seeing them. So when it gets to the end they escape but are still stuck on the Silent Hill 'side.'

Anyway, it didn't make a lot of sense, but it was easily the best computer game adaptation I've seen (not like there's much competition), visually stunning. I usually loathe excessive CGI, but they managed it so well. The music was fantastic too.

Edited by Radagast

Remember the bit in Family Guy where Brian was narrating The Blair Witch Project to a blind man?

"Nothing's happening....nothing's happening...something about a map...nothing's happening...ok it's over...a lot of people look ######."

That's basically how the first White Noise went for me.

I think its the second one, though the film really stopped making sense in the third act.

I think the idea was when they first entered the town they entered an alternate dimension - as evidenced by Sean Bean running up and down the same streets as them at the same time (with his dodgy American accent), but not seeing them. So when it gets to the end they escape but are still stuck on the Silent Hill 'side.'

Anyway, it didn't make a lot of sense, but it was easily the best computer game adaptation I've seen (not like there's much competition), visually stunning. I usually loathe excessive CGI, but they managed it so well. The music was fantastic too.

cheers for that radagast much appreciated!

I know there's another long thread burried away in ICBINF somewhere about this, but having seen Snakes on a Plane last night it's so bad it's brilliant. I have not laughed at any film so much for a long time, and that takes some doing keeping in mind it's not meant to be a comedy.

Complete cheesy plot, outragous steroetypical characters, pointless swearing and nudity, gory deaths, one-liners galore and loads of snakes.

If you like 'bad' movies and aint seen it get it. Let's be honest, you know from the title whether you'll like it or not.

Edited by Hasta

I know there's another longthread brried away in ICBINF somewhere about this, but having seen Snakes on a Plane last night it's so bad it's brilliant. I have not laughed at any film so much for a long time, and that takes wome doing keeping in mind it's not meant to be a comedy.

Complete cheesy plot, outragous steroetypical characters, pointless swearing and nudity, gory deaths, one-liners galore and loads of snakes.

If you like 'bad' movies and aint seen it get it. Let's be honest, you know from the title whether you'll like it or not.

The best line is when a snake attacks in the toilet: 'Aaaaahhh! Get off my D*CK!' :lol:

Saw Rocky Balboa earlier on.

I enjoyed it, a must see for all Rocky fans of course, but not bad even if you haven't seen any of the previous five.

Well made, with some new characters. Should have been made years ago though instead of Rocky V.

This sparked a debate with my friend, which is the best Rocky?

Phil (my friend) opted for Rock IV with Ivan Drago as personally i opted for Rocky III and the wonders of Mr. T.

Went to the Picturehouse in Liverpool lasy night before having a few drinks and watched "El Laberinto Del Fourno", Pan's Labyrinth.

It's a Spanish film with subtitles but your soon forget about the subtitles as you get into the film. The storyline is an adult fairytale set in Spanish Civil War times, and believe or not the two storylines complement each other so wel.

A couple of friends had previously watched this and true to their word it was one of the best films I have seen in a long time.

Last week we went to see The Last King of Scotland which was also very good.

Edited by The Gull

Very good but a tad confusing. Was it all in Ofelia's head as the guy at the end couldn't see the faun ? If it was all in her imagination how did she escape from the locked room with the chalk ? How did the mandrake root heal her mother ?

Think I'll dig out 'It's a Wonderful Life' again

:)

Edited by adopted scouser

Very good but a tad confusing. Was it all in Ofelia's head as the guy at the end couldn't see the faun ? If it was all in her imagination how did she escape from the locked room with the chalk ? How did the mandrake root heal her mother ?

Think I'll dig out 'It's a Wonderful Life' again

:)

Now I only saw that for the first time on Christmas Eve (in the cinema), and my God what a performance from Jimmy Stewart! I didn't think acting like that existed in the olden days. The film really is worthy of its reputation and I was choking back tears more than once.

How anybody can say that Rocky IV is better than Rocky III, and Rocky II for that matter, is beyond me. The first Rocky is also probably a better made film, although the fourth does witness Rocky single handedly defeat communism and is pretty entertaining.

All are amazing, but some are less amazing than others. In terms of my favourites to watch, the order goes: III, II, IV, I, V.

Unbelieveably I haven't seen the sixth yet. I was going to go on my own to the cinema on its opening night, but thought it a little antisocial. So instead I'm watching the anthology first with my friends. Watched the first four so far this week, and with the fifth comes a run up the hill to uni and up to the top of the uni stairs.,, in true rocky fashion. (jogging bottoms with a hoody tucked in and the hood up.)

Edited by tcj_jones