BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Is this film part of a trilogy..?I think there are two other films from the saqme director s that continue the story line..Maybe Lady Vengance could be one of them..

Got that trilogy coming to me via Netflix...Can't wait!

Sorry to be late to the party but 300 looks downright stellar. Nothing to please the historian purist, I'd imagine, but an entertaining watch I'd wager.

Also for the Persian readers, anyone read Creation by Gore Vidal? It's a non-fiction book but I found it quite enjoyable.

Braveheart was simply another Mel Gibson attempt to have a go at the English through his movies like Gallipoli and the Patriot complete and utter made up tosh

That is certainly true with Braveheart and The Patriot, less so with Gallipoli, though I do think it was there to a certain extent (good movie though).

Deja Vu is a good film. Typical Tony Scott/Jerry Bruckheimer effort, it doesn't really make a lot of sense but it's superb anyway.

I feel like I may have seen it before

For those who like B grade horror FINALLY got around to watching the cult classic Cannibal Holocaust. It's about 127 years old but the original for the genre of handy cam horror flicks.

I feel like I may have seen it before

For those who like B grade horror FINALLY got around to watching the cult classic Cannibal Holocaust. It's about 127 years old but the original for the genre of handy cam horror flicks.

Far too much penis trauma in that film for my liking... :(

300 and Transformers look totally sick, I can't wait to see them. In the trailer there is an overhead shot of the Spartans blocking the small entrance through the cliffs, the thing that made them able to fight for so long and what people talk about when refering to it. It looks cool. The music for the trailer is awesome also, 'Everything You Imagined' by Nine Inch Nails, jus incase you want to know. As for Transformers, I was huge fan of the cartoon when I was young and it's great to see it made into a movie. Now all they have to do is make films of G.I Joe, Visionaries & Centurions into movies and I'll be happy.

I agree with Matt, when he says you should see Apocalypto, it is brilliant. I don't know if it's one for the wife though, it is extremely gorey.

Gibsons Apocalypto was Bloody awesome! A complete edge of your seat surival thriller. The bloodyiness and was brilliant, ripping body organs from people who are alive :D The acting was immense for all untrained actors I believe.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

Heres to Mel Gibson staying behind the camera and creating excellent films, Id like to see him create a full on survival horror movie next, stick to what your good at Mel and thats brutalness with great cinematophy and character development.

Edited by AxesFirstTouch

Saw Apocalypto...wasn't too fond of it to be honest. Did no one else think that when the man was being attacked by the jaguar that it looked like some crappy handpuppet was clinging onto his face? It is reasonably entertaining for a good portion of the film, but it is certainly not a must-see.

I thought Apocalypto was Gibson’s greatest piece of work, excellent sets, costumes and great authenticity in the form of actors. It is thrilling edge of the seat stuff, pretty gruesome but not overly as some people have said. I also like the way Gibson has used Yucatan-Mayan as the language for the film it adds extra authenticity.

However there are several key thoughts regarding the film, the film gives us little insight into the rich Mayan which spanned over a 1000 years and geographically was larger than the roman empire culture, apart from violence and sacrifice. You also cant help but feel the whole film is a metaphor for failing modern day society, to illustrate to us the excesses and failings of western society, there are many examples in the film about man taking more than the earth can give and mans greed etc . The film is also quite historically inaccurate regarding time-frame, as the Maya had given up there grand cities some 3 centuries before the conquistadors arrived ( no doubt there was some pro catholic subluminal message intertwined in the overall plot, due to Gibson’s forthright religious beliefs).

However the film is excellent if you want entertainment, adrenaline and brilliantly portrays authentic native American people

That Last King of Scotland looks good. I'll go and see it sometime. The last film I saw in the cinema was Jackass, so you can guess that I don't go often.

We went to see Last King of Scotland today- in Burnley as it wasn't on in Blackburn and Manchester wasn't convenient. I would be the last person to recommend a film about Amin, especially one that might glorify him, but I went because the critic in The Daily Telegraph said Will Smith will be nominated for Best Actor( can't remember if it was for Oscars or Golden Globes etc) but that Forest Whitekar in LKOS would win. It was really worth seeing.

Im a big fan of Forrest Whitaker (sp)

never seen a bad film that he's been in

Forest Whitaker(You're correct) was also in Ghost Dog which I have half seen a number of times and has had great write-ups. I though he was really good despite not knowing a great deal about him.

Im a big fan of Forrest Whitaker (sp)

never seen a bad film that he's been in

Battlefield Earth?

I am a fan of the big fella as well, though, and I'm really keen to see this film.

I saw Apocalypto on Friday night, thought it was good. Nothing spectacular, but Predator in Mayan Times is good enough for me. :tu: I'd also be keen to see a film made about the cities and the rulers and the collapse of their civilisation and all that.

Rocky Balboa in just a few days. I'm so excited at the prospect that I watched the first three fof the anthology last night. The next two are scheduled for tonight!

Best ever moment from a film, ever:

Adrian has slipped into a coma after giving birth. She awakes and still bed ridden says...

Adrian: Come here.

Rocky: What?

Adrian: Come here. I wanna tell you something.

(Rocky leans toward her.)

Adrian: There’s one thing I want you to do for me.

Rocky: What’s that?

Adrian: Win.

Then the training montage comes in. Amazing sequence!

(Rocky II)

Edited by tcj_jones

Have started going to the cinema a bit with mrs wilky (note this doesnt coincide with receiving a pile of vouchers for Vue at the Breezeblock!) went to see White Noise 2 last night, god knows what I was expecting, but it wasnt that!

Having said that it made pretty good viewing.