BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Eh? :blink: Most of the films I watch are mainstream.

I watched V last night as it happens. You're right, it's @#/?. Rocky is clearly the best of them but Rocky III is fantastically OTT and the second is a touching, almost innocent sophomore effort. The final entries are preposterous and overblown in equal measures. Only the character of Rocky himself saves them from total oblivion.

IV's the best of the series.

Was discussing Days of Thunder with a co-worker. He was saying it was a great movie. I think it's a crappy movie - one of the worst ever - but I have to watch it every time it comes on, because it is damn entertaining.

Yeah it's pretty pants. But Tony Scott directed and Bruckheimer/Simpson produced so it must be entertaining at least. Plus Robert Duvall's in it and that's never a bad thing.

Edited by Rovermatt

Barleyarks :wstu: Whilst 111 is probably the most quoted, 11 is by far the best. 1V was just silly, V doesn't exist, and V1 is a nostalgic tribute to the other four films. I couldn't stop smiling all the way through.

Ladies and Gentlemen, can I direct your attention to one of the most appalling sacks of drivel I almost ended up watching to the end. A current though limited release 'Back in Business' with Martin Kemp. Complete and out and out @#/?.

I'm a huge Will Ferrell fan and love all the films in the mould of Anchorman (best film ever made), Zoolander etc, but his latest film Taladega Nights is absolute crap. I was so disapointed with it. Complete waste of money.

I also bought You, Me and Dupree. I'm hoping it is a much better watch.

I'm ashamed to say that I'd only seen Rocky before last week. Having caught the bug, I promptly bought the anthology on eBay (seemingy it's sold out everywhere else). I've just finished Rocky III and I have to say they've been brilliant so far-completely without pretension. Rocky himself is an almost flawless character dragged down only by the cruelty and cynicism of the real world.

Rocky III is definately my favourite, but both II and III are absolutely immense films. Even I is exceptional. IV is also great, but nowhere near as great as the first three. The fifth is also great, but even less so than the fourth...

I'm sure I could have said that in a less complicated way. Basically I like Rocky a lot.

Edited by tcj_jones

I also bought You, Me and Dupree. I'm hoping it is a much better watch.

Burn it, BURN IT ALL!!!

It's about as much fun as having your testicles removed with a hammer

Owen Wilson is rapidly slipping into Adam Sandler territory for one dimensional comedy

Has anyone seen the latest Hannibal movie yet? Poor reviews, which is a shame considering the great quality on the other three films. When you take Sir Anthony Hopkins out though, you're in for trouble..

Apparently the book was rubbish and the film is worse. Something along the lines of flogging a dead horse...

Prequels are never easy to do but to go back so far into Hannibal's past so as to ruin any type of mystique and enigmatic quality of the character was a bad idea. The very point about Hannibal being scary is the past is unknown and we don't know why he is such a monster. Giving the reasons for him being like he was ruins it and makes him appear more human. All the terror audiences felt at the sight or thought of him was because he seemed so inhuman!

tcj - The fifth Rocky is not great...it's an abomination. Even Stallone himself regrets how awful it was and when promoting the new one he has mentioned that a big reason was to try and get it right after getting V so wrong.

Apparently the book was rubbish and the film is worse. Something along the lines of flogging a dead horse...

Prequels are never easy to do but to go back so far into Hannibal's past so as to ruin any type of mystique and enigmatic quality of the character was a bad idea. The very point about Hannibal being scary is the past is unknown and we don't know why he is such a monster. Giving the reasons for him being like he was ruins it and makes him appear more human. All the terror audiences felt at the sight or thought of him was because he seemed so inhuman!

I'm reading the book at the moment. It's not bad at all. I'm going to finish it before seeing the movie. The Silence of the Lambs aside, the films have been rubbish, even Manhunter was nowhere near as good as it's hyped up to be.

Watched Happy Feet and Smokin Aces tonight, Happy Feet was feel good, the missus loved it, I smiled

Smokin Aces was nice and violent. A bit crazy in some parts because violence took over from the storyline, and the some of the characters were a bit cartoonish but nice little twist which was impossible to pick and some good acting by some big names that probably should have got some more time, i.e Andy Garcia.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm currently on holiday in the US and went to see 300 last night. It is absolutely mind-blowing. It's about as deep as a conversation with Robbie Savage but that's really a negative that should be levelled at the graphic novel rather than the film based on it.

I'm currently on holiday in the US and went to see 300 last night. It is absolutely mind-blowing. It's about as deep as a conversation with Robbie Savage but that's really a negative that should be levelled at the graphic novel rather than the film based on it.

SPARTA!!!!!!!

ive seen 23 and ghost rider ...felt cheated with 23 thought it was the early years of 24 ,bauers childhood...

since i saw it ive been seeing the number 23 a lot .jim carrey at his best .ghost rider was fantastic ...god i love free movies hahaahaha