BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

ITS GREAT HAVING YOUR G/F DAUGHTER WORK AT THE CINEMA HEE HEE..went and watched deja vu.....going onto one of phls points if you could go back in time and kill hitler and bin laden before threy got going ,how many lives could be saved.

Hah, I got the Graphic novel a few weeks back (have look on Amazon for the Coffee table sized one) Its great.

I also read

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0...0617703-9602351

Because I dont know a lot about that era, and its something that I think I should know more about, and Im taking great delight in now reading much more about these wars.

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/trailer...lay-E27155-14-2

Oldboy was the find of the year for me, I expected nothing and got an Asian Kill Bill.

Is this film part of a trilogy..?I think there are two other films from the saqme director s that continue the story line..Maybe Lady Vengance could be one of them..

ITS GREAT HAVING YOUR G/F DAUGHTER WORK AT THE CINEMA HEE HEE..went and watched deja vu.....going onto one of phls points if you could go back in time and kill hitler and bin laden before threy got going ,how many lives could be saved.

I thought that kind of behaviour was reserved for 'hillbillies' and the like. Guess not. ;)

I'm dreading 300 - I've a facination with the Greco Persian wars and I'm worried it'll end up like another Braveheart - If you want to expand on the reading then Herodotus - The Histories gives an excellent viewpoint written 50 years after Thermopylae and Artimesium and Peter Green's Greco Persian Wars is very good

I'm dreading 300 - I've a facination with the Greco Persian wars and I'm worried it'll end up like another Braveheart - If you want to expand on the reading then Herodotus - The Histories gives an excellent viewpoint written 50 years after Thermopylae and Artimesium and Peter Green's Greco Persian Wars is very good

It's based on a graphic novel. There are no pretentions of historical accuracy and it's hyper-stylised visuals are supposed to be over blown.

Braveheart was simply another Mel Gibson attempt to have a go at the English through his movies like Gallipoli and the Patriot complete and utter made up tosh

Galliopli wasnt made up

There was a negative portrayal of the upper crust British officers sending the good old working class Aussies to their death which was pretty fair to be honest. That said those same kind of officers treated the working class Tommies as cannon fodder to so it was nothing personal!