BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brett Emerton

Pitty

Why are we not asking for a fee for emerton, he must be worth 1.5 to 2million in todays prices. Just does not seem right to let him leave without a fee as we will lose an experienced player from our team, something we are thin on at the moment. :angry:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SOCCEROOS star Brett Emerton will officially become Sydney FC's new marquee player later today as the Sky Blues put the finishing touches to a history-making deal that makes him the first player to exchange the English Premier League for the A-League.

Emerton, 32, will leave Blackburn Rovers one year early after terminating his contract by mutual consent - but not before making what's likely to be an emotional 248th and final appearance for his only EPL club at Ewood Park against Tim Cahill's Everton this weekend. Emerton has signed a three-year deal to fill the Sky Blues' second marquee spot alongside Nicky Carle after passing a medical in Manchester early yesterday (Sydney time).

Source and to read more:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/a-league/sky-blues-coup-return-to-roots-swayed-the-mild-rover-20110824-1jac5.html#ixzz1VxbccH5x

Nothing showing on the Rovers site, but they seem a little slow on the uptake at times. Can anyone confirm or shed any light on this?

More bad news in my opinion if its true. Obviously he's playing 2nd fiddle to Hoilett on the right at the moment but only one team has worked for Kean and its the one he played in the last 4 games of last season. Why has he pushed Hoilett back out wide when the guy was destroying teams in the middle and Emerton seemed to have found a new lease of life chipping in with some vital goals? Losing another club stalwart with huge PL experience and the ability to cover in multiple positions is not what we need right now.

He was never as good as we thought he was going to be, after that Wolves game 2003 I though we had bought a player that could go on to play for a top team and be an ewood legend.

Still been a great servant, odd to sell him as he's cover for Salgado and probably a better right back TBH.

More experience out the door and probably replaced with an unknown unproven cheap young signing.

So we have no cover for salgado now? Genius.

Did venkys see newcastle letting joey barton leave on a free a year early and felt left out or something? Emerton is clearly worth at the very least[/b} 400k - 800k transfer wise.

• Backroom

Good luck Brett, I wish he was kept as cover but if it is for family reasons then well done by the club for not getting in his way.

Proper pro!

Did venkys see newcastle letting joey barton leave on a free a year early and felt left out or something? The guy was clearly worth at the very least[/b} 400k - 800k transfer wise.

Have you forgot we have ribeiro as cover at right back?

Im pretty sure theyre letting him go on a free as a goodwill gesture for his service. He wants to go. The rumours were there last season. He wants to play in australia while he can and if hes not guarenteed a first team place then why not let him go? We have plenty of cover for him in midfield as kean doesnt use him as a right back.

Good luck to brett and good on the owners for lettimg him go when he wants to.

It said on Radio Lancs it was expected to be announced after the match tonight.

What when everyone's walking out?

Actually scratch that, it's probably a clever ruse to prevent booing at full time!

I was hoping he would be first choice right back this season.

It says at the bottom he wants to move for family reasons. I can't blame him for that and I wouldn't want us to hold him against his will...but the "terminating his contract by mutual consent" troubles me. He has to be worth a transfer fee.

He was one of the main ones to step up right at the end of last season, providing a few goals and assists. I'm already worried about our lack of experienced PL players, to lose another will be a blow if we don't bring in proven PL quality.

So it looks like Venkys plan of stripping our assets is well under way by selling some of our most important players!

Emerton while I think will be missed, surely is part of the deadwood at the club, but as part of an ever decreasing team, he does play an important part in that.

Best of luck bert, its been a pleasure seeing you wear the blue and white halves

Did venkys see newcastle letting joey barton leave on a free a year early and felt left out or something? Emerton is clearly worth at the very least[/b} 400k - 800k transfer wise.

That's if you see a loyal hard working player as simply a commodity.

Rovers have done the right thing.

Sorry to see him go.

By the way Emerton's not a tw8t like Barton.

But hey, have a go at Venkys, why not.

At a time when we need experienced players to show the way, he's off as well. Bert has his weaknesses, but he is a man who can carry the ball away from danger and can be relied on to find his own team mates. Oh and others have said, he's probably the best right back at the club - a position where we are pretty weak.

More destruction from the magician. My word he knows how to get rid of players. What is he playing at?

That's if you see a loyal hard working player as simply a commodity.

Rovers have done the right thing.

Sorry to see him go.

By the way Emerton's not a tw8t like Barton.

But hey, have a go at Venkys, why not.

Ok Comrade Jones.

He is a contracted player and we are well in our rights to demand a fee, he is a 'commodity', he accepted that fact when he signed a highly lucrative deal.

Highly paid footballers, kittens, oh the humanity!

Hope he gets a great reception anyway in whatever remaining games he plays. Nearly 300 appearances for the club over 8 seasons and a terrific attitude throughout. Battled through years of abuse and being made a scapegoat by fans after a poor start at right-wing and ended up being a very solid versatility player. Thanks Brett!

Ok Comrade Jones.

He is a contracted player and we are well in our rights to demand a fee, he is a 'commodity', he accepted that fact when he signed a highly lucrative deal.

Highly paid footballers, kittens, oh the humanity!

Do you know why he wants to leave, do you care?

Demand away, clubs are not exactly queuing up to buy EHD, Andrews, Grella.

Nothing wrong with behaving in a decent manner, even in the ###### world of business.

Sorry if being a decent human being offends you.

Good player still good pace at 32 should without a shadow of doubt be 1st choice right back, if he is leaving because he isn't guarenteed games it's just criminal due to how bad salgado is. No way there would be as many dissenting voices if it was salgado whose contract was being terminated. Ffs cancel grellas

Maybe because he has serious personal problems and a desire to move back to Australia and we realise that they wouldn't be able to stump up the fee.

Does he not also have the right with that new Article 17 to pay off his own contract and leave? I've never been sure if that is only allowed with 2 years left, or if it is only available after 2 years.

Archived