BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trying to meet Venkys in India...

I am travelling to Mumbai in October to meet an old friend who has been residing there for the last 2 years. I realised that Pune (Venkys Central) is just under 2 hours drive from the capital so I was wondering whether I should try and arrange a meet with a Venkys rep or spokesperson to outline the fears that we the supporters have regarding the direction our club is going. If any of the people in the know have a valid or direct email address that I could attempt to contact them on please let me know. If someone from Venkys does agree to meet face to face I would like to address some hard hitting questions to them compiled from the users of this particular forum. I know this is all hypothetical at the moment but I know the fans are sick of our club being macro managed from India and Venkys resistance to actually answering direct questions. As they say if the mountain will not go to mohammed, mohammed will go to the mountain...

I am travelling to Mumbai in October to meet an old friend who has been residing there for the last 2 years. I realised that Pune (Venkys Central) is just under 2 hours drive from the capital so I was wondering whether I should try and arrange a meet with a Venkys rep or spokesperson to outline the fears that we the supporters have regarding the direction our club is going. If any of the people in the know have a valid or direct email address that I could attempt to contact them on please let me know. If someone from Venkys does agree to meet face to face I would like to address some hard hitting questions to them compiled from the users of this particular forum. I know this is all hypothetical at the moment but I know the fans are sick of our club being macro managed from India and Venkys resistance to actually answering direct questions. As they say if the mountain will not go to mohammed, mohammed will go to the mountain...

If you time it right, you may also get to see the mid-season-pre-season (i.e. the postponed pre-season), I think that's supposed to be October isn't it ?

Ha Ha, brilliant..every man and his dog in the press will be looking to get more time with Venky's ....except Slough Rover goes there for 2 weeks on his jollies and they roll the red carpet out. Good Luck Pal!

I did state in the OP it was a hypothetical query. No harm in asking the question though is there, especially if it is fronted by the website and seen as the voice of all the Rovers supporters rather than some bloke on holiday trying to wind them up!

I'm going to be in Mumbai in mid-December as well. No worries, I'll have a word.

Maybe we should make a bigger deal out of it and make it seem like the Rovers fans are so upset, we're actually travelling all the way to Pune to give them some stick!

Just follow the drunk bald man trying to smuggle gold past customs with the very swollen tongue and I'm sure you will find them

Slough if you are lucky to get an interview with the Rao's could you ask them is Jerome anderson now gone for good with various reports he was no longer working with us then after the recent mail article states he is in the background what is the exact truth because what is coming out of the club is conflicting reports & if he hasn't gone by then what are their reasons for believing Kean is a good manager?.

wow slough rover on a mission to india as mouthpiece for all rovers fans that'll put 'em in their place! you'd be better off getting a banner made and showing it off on the riverside.

sorry but i can't help this - what gives you the right to speak for me? you have been one of the most vehement in support of kean and venkys and now you have turned and think you speak for the fans!?

took me four hours on the bus to go from mumbai to pune, but the bollywood movies make the time fly. as you might expect traffic was pretty bad. have fun on your trip.

took me four hours on the bus to go from mumbai to pune, but the bollywood movies make the time fly. as you might expect traffic was pretty bad. have fun on your trip.

The train is the safest way, when I was working in India we were banned from road travel, Scott Lash tried to see them earlier in the year t

wow slough rover on a mission to india as mouthpiece for all rovers fans that'll put 'em in their place! you'd be better off getting a banner made and showing it off on the riverside.

sorry but i can't help this - what gives you the right to speak for me? you have been one of the most vehement in support of kean and venkys and now you have turned and think you speak for the fans!?

Woah woah you need to chill out and STFU for a second. At no point did I say that I was a mouthpiece for the fans and the clubs. At no point did I say I would go over and give them my opinion. Rather me just forwarding the views of the fans. Collective views not my own.

Also yes when Venkys came I was pro giving them and Steve Kean a chance. I always said that I would give them until the end of the transfer window to make my decision. The owners have a day to make right their failings in the transfer window but Steve Kean has shown that he hasnt got what it takes. I said Id give him time and now that time has ended. So why dont you go back to reading the OP again before spewing your nonsensical BS. Now either hit that ignore button or GTFO of this thread. Im trying to do somethinv productive rather than sit like a b@@ch behind a keyboard.

Woah woah you need to chill out and STFU for a second. At no point did I say that I was a mouthpiece for the fans and the clubs. At no point did I say I would go over and give them my opinion. Rather me just forwarding the views of the fans. Collective views not my own.

Also yes when Venkys came I was pro giving them and Steve Kean a chance. I always said that I would give them until the end of the transfer window to make my decision. The owners have a day to make right their failings in the transfer window but Steve Kean has shown that he hasnt got what it takes. I said Id give him time and now that time has ended. So why dont you go back to reading the OP again before spewing your nonsensical BS. Now either hit that ignore button or GTFO of this thread. Im trying to do somethinv productive rather than sit like a b@@ch behind a keyboard.

thats an extremely abusive post there slough. thanks for that, you must be a bit delicate about such matters but just read again what i posted and then your response. how can you express collective views when there is just a range of opinions, and those on this website amount to few % of the support? but i'll give you the benefit just let us know beforehand exactly what your going to say and maybe you can ask people if thats what they want before you set yourself up as spokesman / telegram boy for all?

Archived