BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mass email

Does anyone hold a reliable address which would get our messages to Venkys?

It's obvious that things are not going right, and things need to change.

We should refrain from saying things like 'Keanz a donut' or using profanities but get the important points across. I think a mass email to a family member would at least give us a little bit of notice even if it doesn't do much?

tl:dr - Anyone have an email where we can send sensible, honest but not disrespectful messages?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something does need to be done and fast. I was on the fence with Kean but today has pushed me further into the Kean out camp! If anyone finds an email address, be sure to pass it over! We don't need to use colourful language or anything, we need to get our point across and fast! I'd rather us do it this way, rather than at games. Viva La Revolution!

Dear all,

Your investment in Blackburn Rovers Football Club is in serious jeapardy if you continue to employ Steve Kean as manager. Since he has taken over Sam Allardyce's job we have slipped from a top 10 team to a clear relegation candidates, and despite all his positive and reassuring words, we will certainly be relegated from the very high profile Premier League if you contiue to back him. Despite getting a point at Fulham just minutes before I type this letter, it is clear that Kean's reign has been a disaster. His record this season has been the worst since World War 2, and could have been the worst in the club's entire history if the club lost today. The team have looked unfit, demotivated, tactically inept and frankly all at sea and likely to dropping out of the richest league in the world. After spending almost every year in the Premier League, the current run of form since Kean took over has been making the club, and yourselves as new owners look very amatuerish and now the British media are sensing blood. When that happens, they will take every opportunity to mock the club, and yourselves mercilessly. You don't need me to point out that that is not good publicity for the Venky's brand over here in Britain. This process is already happening now in fact, and will only get more virulent and personalthe longer the club has such an incompetent manager.

I would also like to point out that Steve Kean's positive words are simply false. He recently said that a letter to the Telegraph calling him to resign was from a minority of fans on the internet. Whilst it was a minority of fans that organised and sent the letter, the sentiments stated in it are those of the majority of fans. There have been a series of polls on the website I frequent BRFCS.com that show approximately 80% of fans would like to see Kean removed from his post immediately. It is true that not every fan of Blackburn Rovers uses that site, but I believe that if you could physically ask every fan, the overwhelming majority would be happy to see him go. He may use postive words after every bad result, and use pointless statistics to try and say how they played well, but the fact is the team hasn't being playing well at all. I do not know what he says when he visits Pune, a regular journey that seems unorthodox in an age where the internet and the telephone exist, but whoever he has a conference with should not believe a word he says about how the team is playing.

By continuing to employ him, the Rao family, and Venky's as a company are attracting the ire and frustration of the fans who are viewing your ownership of the club in an increasingly negative way. The only way to recover this situation would be to remove Kean and his assistant manager John Jensen and hire any one of these following people:

1.Carlo Ancelotti

2. David Moyes

3. Bernt Schuster

4. Mark Hughes

5. Louis Van Gaal

6. Henning Berg

7. Frank Rijkaard

8. Alan Curbishley

9. Claudio Ranieri

10. Slavan Billic

I believe someone from that list would be interested in taking over as manager should you do the right thing and sack Steve Kean. Mark Hughes is the clear favourite amongst fans, but any one of those men would be able to do a better job than the current manager and protect your investment and reputation.

Please consider the points I have made, and I wish you all the best,

Billy Castell [obviously I used my real name]

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just sent this e-mail to rovers@venkys.in and Venny Rao's e-mail. Like others have said, it probably won't get anywhere but it made me feel like I've done something.

• Backroom

I personally think a list of potential managers is insulting. Fair enough we need him out but I think telling them who they are allowed to pick is too much and they will see it as an insult.

It really is time to act but not via e-mail or an internet messageboard. I intend to bring a stack of Kean Out placards to the Arsenal game and hand them out to whoever wants.

It's now or never, action - not words.

Yes please! Where abouts will you be before the match?

I know this isn't going to go down well but... I wish our fans would make this much bloody noise at Ewood Park. Our support and atmosphere is absolutely pathetic. Granted, the current manager isn't likeable and results haven't been good but we also lack the 12th man and have done since the days of Hughes when we were potrayed as bully boys. I am more ashamed of a large portion of fans these days than I actually am of the team's position! I think it is lost on so many supporters that the media isn't actually behind us at all, they are poking fun at us rather than agreeing with us and see the criticism by our own fans as a reason to further create a theatrical crisis scenario at the club.

We are only four games into a season but I think two more games without a win will see Kean go. Regardless this is a time when we should be knitting together and getting some wit and resilience on the terraces but alas, we ###### and moan and our supporters can only muster up songs that consist of a players name. The most adventurous one is the many renditions of "Dit dit der dit, Jason Roberts" or "Dit dit der dit, Martin Olsson" how many times can we rehash this? I also heard "Dit, dit, der dit David Hoilett" today. It's frigging woeful. I can only imagine that someone will come back with "What about the Samba song?" but I'm sure it wouldn't take a genius to work out my response to that one.

• Backroom

It was more of a suggestion but there you go. Send one without a list of names then.

Sorry mate, the email was good though didn't mean to offend you I just think these are people that don't like being told what to do

It's not like results can get any worse though! If you're referring to any possible impact on the players.

Of course I'm referring to the impact on the players. Agreed that it's not like the results can get any worse, but what good is likely to come of doing this before a game? It will do more harm than good. Like I said, it's just my opinion and I'm probably the only one who thinks so.

I honestly dont think it'd be a good idea to do it at games but that's just my opinion.

Why? As we are doing so well during the games?

It really is time to act but not via e-mail or an internet messageboard. I intend to bring a stack of Kean Out placards to the Arsenal game and hand them out to whoever wants.

It's now or never, action - not words.

It's time to act by ALL of those ways. Blanket picketing.

Archived