BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

There was without doubt more than 300.

Anyway, on your second point, I agree entirely, he isnt going to get sacked, but he has realised that he can't just give lip service to the fans, while spouting a load of meaningless twaddle. He may have a cosy relationship with the owners, but he also has the fanbase to answet to.

And as for results not mattering, don't talk tripe, that's ALL that matters, if his record wasn't so appalling there wouldn't be a murmur of discontent. He wins matches, he's home and dry.

Erm...talking tripe??? There is PLENTY of evidence in this thread alone to support my opinion and easily disprove yours (plenty of miserable ###### whining on and trying to discredit the victory as a fluke etc.). There is also a video of the protest from start to finish which also supports my view that there was only a few hundred people there at best.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pedro, i was there and there was alot more than just 'a few hundred people' dont talk drivel.

Yes, there seems to be a popular theme now from anyone that attended that there was more than there actually was (after initially blaming a low turn out on the rain). I can only imagine that the other 400 stopped off at the burger van or club shop and didn't make it around to the Blackburn End...or maybe even just camera shy and ducked down whenever it panned around ;)

Erm...talking tripe??? There is PLENTY of evidence in this thread alone to support my opinion and easily disprove yours (plenty of miserable ###### whining on and trying to discredit the victory as a fluke etc.). There is also a video of the protest from start to finish which also supports my view that there was only a few hundred people there at best.

There were more than 300, the video was repeatedly showing the section with the dog, obviously where Sky's camera was.

It is tripe, you stating Kean winning matches doesn't matter to people as they want 'his head on a platter' is nonsense.

pedro, i was there and there was alot more than just 'a few hundred people' dont talk drivel.

A memeber of this site told me at 10.30am he counted 15 in the Havelock, when the march started a couple of hundred, by the time it reached the ground the numbers grew substantially.

Regardless of this, the personal insults and drink drive jibes ensured the whole event was a tad embarrassing really.

This was a protest against a football manager, not against the man himself, the footage on youtube speaks volumes so nobody can argue that it overstepped the mark.

All credit to glenn, but sadly a few that did turn up did you a diservice.

I was one of Kean's '1%' yesterday and have absolutely no regrets about that. If Kean does utimately take us down, I can at least feel that as just an ordinary fan, I did what (little) I could.

As to the numbers there, its very hard to estimate but I would guess there were about 300 to 400.

Within the ground, I whole-heartedly supported the team and was absolutely thrilled at the win and thoroughly enjoyed the game.

One swallow, however, doesn't make a summer and sorry Keano, one win certainly doesn't 'draw a line under the issue' with me. Before the PR machine goes into positive spin overdrive, I think a sense of perspective is called for. A win over Arsenal is always going to be a very good result but that Arsenal team yesterday was the worst I can ever remember - they defended like a sunday morning pub team still nursung their hang-overs. We also had the luck (Yak's 2nd goal and the Robo 'penalty' incident at the end). Most worryingly, however, was despite what happened at Fulham, Givet was once again left exposed on the left although to be fair, he did sort it out eventually.

I can't help think of the Liverpool game back in Jan - there was a lot of tripe talked after that of qualifying for europe, etc, but what we actually got was a prolonged, winless streak that very nearly took us down. I just hope history doesn't repeat itself as it could well be fatal this time without BFS' points.

Yesterday was, however, a start and if Kean can build on it then, gradually, he will win over the fans (including myself) but he has a long, long way to go yet. As others have said, it is purely about results and if he can ultimately produce then I will put up with the spin (others might say bullsh1t). Lets see what happens...

Kean said on Sky tonight there was 500 or 600 who Marched so at least he has admitted there was more,

His honesty on Tv just now, is commendable

So, he is honest and truthful...when it fits the agenda :D

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Refereeing decisions that cost us quite a few points? That's what I was referring to, Al.

OK That point I will take but we are Blackburn Rovers and that is unfortunately a fact of life.

Just watched a youtube video of the march and its obviosuly quite clear that you don't represent the majority of fans. There's a lot a families, people of the older generation and lots of women who watch Blackburn Rovers - all I saw was a predominantly young male demographic who clearly have an agenda against Kean as a person from some of the songs that were being sung.

No-one I know personally was in any way behind this protest and all of them have supported Rovers for as long as I can remember.

Glen you seem like a decent guy who has genuine concern for his club but I think its time for you minority to get behind Kean. Give him a chance and get behind your team. We have a team full of youthful attacking talent and from the performances are clearly playing for their manager.

COYB!

I was, and still am 100% in favour of the protest. If i didn't live so far away, i would have been there.

Watching the clips though, i don't understand the message.

Why chant about steve kean being fat, bald etc? Why do the signs mention drink driving?

Surely the focus should have been on his results record, as ultimately, that should be what gets him sacked.

Why not have his win record on all the signs?

Anyway, thats my two penneth. Kudos to all who braved the weather to turn up.

Saturdays result was good, but i fear it was more to do with Arsenal being terrible and a bit of (well deserved) luck than anything else.

The personal insults and drink drive jibes ensured the whole event was a tad embarrassing really.

This was a protest against a football manager, not against the man himself, the footage on youtube speaks volumes so nobody can argue that it overstepped the mark.

All credit to glenn, but sadly a few that did turn up did you a diservice.

Absolutely spot on GAV. They gave Rovers fans a bad name.

It was the fans March, freedom of speech and all that. I never organised flyers or content upon them

The fans had the freedom to make themselves look foolish and this is what they chose to do. As roversnick said:

"Why chant about steve kean being fat, bald etc? Why do the signs mention drink driving?

Surely the focus should have been on his results record, as ultimately, that should be what gets him sacked.

Why not have his win record on all the signs?"

And roversnick was 100% in favour of the protest.

I think you should have gone to the interview with Kean it's obvious now that he wanted to meet organisers and tackle the real issues causing the protest and is disappointed that protest happened after the interview, but the interview although informative didn't tackle enough tough questions (when Kean thought it would have bought him time).

I said all this straight after the interview, Kamy still could have gone and contributed he has qualities, but Kean wanted to stop the protest or tackle the underline reasons, without the tough questions and by being passive, it made no difference.

Glen was the man with the most power and very assertive in his interviews.

I truely believe that a really good interview and with a protest organiser there the protest could have been put on hold and with the Arsenal results maybe things would have calmed down.

All quite sad really because Blackburn are putting in a massive effort now to really get the fans involved again.

Its a shame it came to this.

If Kean and Venkys can now get the vocal bunch, then it will certainly help ease pressure, it might not stop it results don't improve, but every little reduction is worth it.

Need to sleep now.

It was the fans March, freedom of speech and all that. I never organised flyers or content upon them

You were part of the team that organised that stupid march and you were one of many idiots that took part in the march.

Kean has had his first full pre-season, his own signings and has now had time to implement his style of football on the team. That was all clearly evident against Arsenal and glimpses was shown in the first half vs Fulham.

He needs time, if the results were poor for the first 10-15 games then yes, by all means have a protest to get him out. To have it 4 games into the season just goes to show how foolish some fans are. Even Ince was given more time in his first season.

this is what you say glen but I dont believe a word. sky may have said 700 but I never believe sky. I saw with my own eyes as I drove down bolton road the protest and in various news outlets including bbc radio lancashire it was quoted as 250 - 300.

Bus sky sports understands bigs up your pathetic march the created nothing but cringing from 99 percent of fans thats all that matters?

The fans had the freedom to make themselves look foolish and this is what they chose to do. As roversnick said:

"Why chant about steve kean being fat, bald etc? Why do the signs mention drink driving?

Why not have his win record on all the signs?"

And roversnick was 100% in favour of the protest.

I think this criticism is pretty ridiculous to be honest. It's like people are seeing and hearing a football crowd for the first time. It's just banter. There wasn't any swearing and to be honest, there wasn't even any slander. Kean IS fat. Kean IS bald. Kean DID get done for drink driving.

The players give each other ###### on Twitter all the time, and I'm sure it's even worse in person. So I don't actually see the problem?

I think this criticism is pretty ridiculous to be honest. It's like people are seeing and hearing a football crowd for the first time. It's just banter. There wasn't any swearing and to be honest, there wasn't even any slander. Kean IS fat. Kean IS bald. Kean DID get done for drink driving.

The players give each other ###### on Twitter all the time, and I'm sure it's even worse in person. So I don't actually see the problem?

I agree with this, fans complaining about songs ect, Are you telling me you dnt sing the Burnley chants sull of swearing? Or call the referee a w***** from the stands? I did see posters and T-shirts with stats on, whilst i also saw a number of other flyers too which people had done themselves.

The March was about the removal of the Manager not just to walk in the rain

this is what you say glen but I dont believe a word. sky may have said 700 but I never believe sky. I saw with my own eyes as I drove down bolton road the protest and in various news outlets including bbc radio lancashire it was quoted as 250 - 300.

Bus sky sports understands bigs up your pathetic march the created nothing but cringing from 99 percent of fans thats all that matters?

If we would have lost 23,000 would have been boo'ing and we would have been on the worse run I can remember in my lifetime.

As it turns out Yakuku had that bit of class we have been so badly missing and its a fine line between success and failure.

Credit to Kean he bought Yakubu at 1.5 million, but the protest was based on a number of factors including a record or 5 wins in 25 games.

Everyone I know was not happy as you make out, with polls at 90 and 80 percent, I think you are making up a little bit of bull.

I agree with this, fans complaining about songs ect, Are you telling me you dnt sing the Burnley chants sull of swearing? Or call the referee a w***** from the stands? I did see posters and T-shirts with stats on, whilst i also saw a number of other flyers too which people had done themselves.

The March was about the removal of the Manager not just to walk in the rain

I know the aim was to get Kean removed from his position, but for me it was doubly important that attention was given to the fans' discontent at the current goings on. So while the main aim may have not been achieved, there was definitely some success in the protest.

Archived