BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

cant be arsed reading the drivel that some anti-protest people have written on here, as i was there with many others, we all felt it was worthwhile, dont discredit us just because we won, had we lost, im sure some of you would have been saying it WAS worthwhile, people took out the time to do this, when they could have been doing other things, especially glen and others who organised this, dont condemn them as it took alot of effort, im sure if in 6 months and we are in the bottom 3, some of you will be talking about protests.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my point is that, you will be hypocrites, slagging people off for the very thing you will be thinking about yourselves.

The timing of the protest was completely wrong. 4 games into a season and 4 games where performances have not been terrible. Currently, there are 5 teams that have had a worst start to their campaign, do you see any protests from there fans? No, and why is that do you think?

It is too early in the season!!

• Backroom

Because of this protest Venkys are meeting the fans to find ways to improve communications and learn howe to relate to the fans.

Just to point out, as has been said elsewhere the meeting with the fans isn't reactionary in any way and has been planned for a while.

yes blue and white, but this protest wasnt just about 4 games, it was about 9 months of ineptitude, nearly relegating a team that was midtable before he took over, after saturday's result i will give him some time providing that against newcastle we dont capitulate as we have done previous in his tenure, another run of bad results and thats it for me, my confidence in him turning it around will be gone completely.

yes blue and white, but this protest wasnt just about 4 games, it was about 9 months of ineptitude, nearly relegating a team that was midtable before he took over, after saturday's result i will give him some time providing that against newcastle we dont capitulate as we have done previous in his tenure, another run of bad results and thats it for me, my confidence in him turning it around will be gone completely.

What you fail to understand, and what I have been pointing out several times is that he has now had the chance this summer to bring in his own players and implement his style of football. The football played under Kean, the players bought under Kean and the approach to games under Kean has been completely different. You and the other idiots, as I like to call them, that took part in the protest should have taken this into consideration.

He was poor last season, and we should never have got into the mess we were in, I agree with that. However, in the summer he had time to build the squad and had a full pre-season under his belt. This team we are seeing is HIS team, and HIS players (majority of them). He needs to be given time and more importantly our backing.

He needs time and the result against Arsenal was no fluke, if you look at his substitutions and approach after HT, it was all spot on.

ok fair enough but what if we go on another losing run, how many games will you give him then? will you still roll out the usual 'he needs more time' tripe? he has worked with most of these players for years as coach, so surely he must have known them well enough by the time he got the job, its not like he had only just turned up for work having never met them before. i am prepared to give him a few games to see if the arsenal game WAS a 'fluke'.

I was, and still am 100% in favour of the protest. If i didn't live so far away, i would have been there.

Watching the clips though, i don't understand the message.

Why chant about steve kean being fat, bald etc? Why do the signs mention drink driving?

Surely the focus should have been on his results record, as ultimately, that should be what gets him sacked.

Why not have his win record on all the signs?

Anyway, thats my two penneth. Kudos to all who braved the weather to turn up.

Saturdays result was good, but i fear it was more to do with Arsenal being terrible and a bit of (well deserved) luck than anything else.

just to clarify, i was 100% behind the protest and i'm really glad that somebody (glen) had the balls to put his neck on the line to organise it.

was just commenting that i felt a focus on keans win rate would have been beneficial

ok fair enough but what if we go on another losing run, how many games will you give him then? will you still roll out the usual 'he needs more time' tripe? he has worked with most of these players for years as coach, so surely he must have known them well enough by the time he got the job, its not like he had only just turned up for work having never met them before. i am prepared to give him a few games to see if the arsenal game WAS a 'fluke'.

He has worked with them for years, agreed. However, his tactics and Sam's tactics are completely different. Changing the style of football in a team is difficult, especially when you don't have the players that you wanted.

Under Sam, majority of our midfield was bypassed, long ball after long ball and very rarely did we play passing football. Kean has had the tough task of making us into a 'passing' side. We may not be as good as your Arsenal's and Chelsea's at passing, but we are certainly more entertaining this season than what we were under Sam. This is all down to Kean and him having time to implement his style of football.

He bought in players on deadline day, and they also need time to gel, so do the likes of Petrovic and Vuckecic (sp?).

IF, results are not going our way 10 games down the line and he is not sacked, then by all means have a protest, but not after 4 games. Plain stupidity.

The point is, it's 'ifs', and if those ifs come into fruition then a protest would have more credibility.

So you went on the protest but now are willing to give him a few games? Fickle much? Perhaps you've changed your mind because the protest was premature, the point you've been arguing against for quite a while.

The point is, it's 'ifs', and if those ifs come into fruition then a protest would have more credibility.

So you went on the protest but now are willing to give him a few games? Fickle much? Perhaps you've changed your mind because the protest was premature, the point you've been arguing against for quite a while.

The protest was not after four games. It was after eight months. Why can you not get through your thick skull?

The protest was not after four games. It was after eight months. Why can you not get through your thick skull?

Probably in the same way that Steve Kean can't get it into his skull that the protesters still support the rovers but not him, also the supporters that didn't protest whatever the percentage are not behind him 100% like he seems to think.

By kean's logic there are 17k rovers fans who back him to the hilt.

Probably in the same way that Steve Kean can't get it into his skull that the protesters still support the rovers but not him, also the supporters that didn't protest whatever the percentage are not behind him 100% like he seems to think.

By kean's logic there are 17k rovers fans who back him to the hilt.

It's no good throwing toys out of your pram because not everyone agrees with you.

Mr Roversmum and I always try to talk to a varied range of supporters during our travels. You'd be surprised at the number who do support Kean - and their age ranges - and want to give him a chance especially now he is crafting his own team.

In any case, Steve has far more important issues on his mind than worrying about what percentage of supporters are for or against him, and I personally would rather he focus on those issues.

I presume you meant go before Saturday.

Yes, and at which point have we looked like the team in the last days of Ince, running around like headless chickens?

A team is being built and there is a long way to go but we can see that this team can perform.

One penalty scored out of two from the last game and the ridiculous penalty given to them cancelled out (or all three penalties scored)and we'd be joint 6th.

As things stand though (more importantly of course) we are 3 points off 6th, not in a relegation spot, unbeaten in two games against good opposition and a team getting to know each other more every game.

Actually , I meant could you actually see he had not lost the team before Saturday's game due to you saying those that know about football and watch without prejudice (which you obviously believe you do but not others) as I certainly couldn't?

3 points off 6th means nothing IMO at this stage of the season (its still early and there's time to make it up) - something anti protesters seem to think sways argument to their side, when in fact this is immaterial as reiterated by protesters and backers in the number of times the reasons have been repeated and highlighted that they have no confidence in the guy and as I do, feel, he should not have been given the job in the first place and we will fall further behind if things carried on as they where.

Personally I think the protest was misguided,poorly timed, a bit of a vanity project,disappointing in numbers and slightly embarrassing in terms of how the focus was far too concentrated on abusing Kean for all the wrong reasons.

Having said all that,people were fully entitled to vent their feelings. It just felt to me that it was sound and fury signifying nothing...

Josef Goebbels would have stood back in admiration at the propaganda employed this weekend! Cryer and Keane have now decided between them that just 200 made the protest which is a complete and utter lie! Those two won't be able to lie straight in bed! Fact is it's just another lie to add to the long list of lies that the supporters have been fed since last November. As I have said before let this be a lesson to the organisers to position a camera on the steps outside the Riverside next protest march. If anybody can procure any footage taken from inside Ewood now it would easily and surely lay these bloody lies to rest.

So 99% are happy with his management! FFS! I can't find anybody personally who is and to be charitable that 99:1 figure from Kean is surely in reverse order. One scabby David v Goliath victory over an ailing super club is all that is preventing a gallows being erected outside Ewood by supporters this week.

I ###### hate base liars and that is the main reason that I have no ST for the first time in decades. :angry2:

Personally I think the protest was misguided,poorly timed, a bit of a vanity project,disappointing in numbers and slightly embarrassing in terms of how the focus was far too concentrated on abusing Kean for all the wrong reasons.

Has it not occurred to you that you are taking the word of a proven serial liar as gospel?

To be fair, even Kean himself is acknowledging a much higher number of fans.

The problem was that some people were quoting the number at the Havelock, others at the ground and I believe it grew significantly by the time it got to the ground (this is from the various reports I've read, it was all over by the time I got to Ewood).

You're right, Theno. I understand from one of the chief stewards who was actually there, that the numbers were round about 250...

smarmy answers are not your usual style mum. Neither is making a fool of yourself. Congratulations in killing two birds with one stone.

btw If I were you I'd delete that post before somebody comes up with concrete evidence. If you do I might consider deleting this response to protect your reputation on here.

To be fair, even Kean himself it acknowledging a much higher number of fans.

The problem was that some people were quoting the number at the Havelock, others at the ground and I believe it grew significantly by the time it got to the ground (this is from the various reports I've read, it was all over by the time I got to Ewood).

Exactly right Glenn.

Has it not occurred to you that you are taking the word of a proven serial liar as gospel?

Firstly,I've decided to take you off ignore theno so don't let me down ;)

Having you on ignore was like having a month off the booze,good for my health but ultimately rather dull.

To answer your question. I didn't take the info from Kean as clearly he'd want to downplay numbers. Several estimates from several sources put the numbers at 300 at best.

Cryer and Keane have now decided between them that just 200 made the protest which is a complete and utter lie!

To be fair, Sky Sports News were at the Havelock, I'm told that the BBC were as well, and they are both using a number of 200 or 250 in all their outputs, as is every national newspaper which I've read on the subject.

Of course there would be more people on arrival at Ewood, given that the march walked down the main route from town to ground 1 hour before kick off. Perhaps your anger should be directed at the BBC and Sky etc, or at the marchers who couldn't be bothered to make the 1/2 mile detour down to the Havelock in time for the well publicised start of the march.

Archived