BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

To be fair, Sky Sports News were at the Havelock, I'm told that the BBC were as well, and they are both using a number of 200 or 250 in all their outputs, as is every national newspaper which I've read on the subject.

Of course there would be more people on arrival at Ewood, given that the march walked down the main route from town to ground 1 hour before kick off. Perhaps your anger should be directed at the BBC and Sky etc, or at the marchers who couldn't be bothered to make the 1/2 mile detour down to the Havelock in time for the well publicised start of the march.

'Of course' on the other hand as well Tris is that the medias did not cause to make this clear though in their coverage and only angled it at those numbers.

As some of stated prior to the protest on here they wouldn't be at the Havelock and would meet up en route or at the ground, so its only logical to think that others did also.

To me I don't see the argument for or against re the numbers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the numbers are not significant, as I have put in my latest Blog, However the impact of threatening to protest then actually carrying it out, has seen more communication come out of the club in 7 days than we have ever seen in 10 months. So for all those ridiculing it, think outside the box and what it achieved.

Keans 23 minute interview had him saying himself that there was 500-600, and when Sky said 700 which YES they did, he then said 500,600, or 700 so, I was there, the police told me on day how many was there, and also phoned me yesterday to thank all who attended for being 100% co-operative, peaceful. He said ir was held in the right spirit and was organised impeccably.

So I ask for this linch mob, hooligan stereo type perception of real supporters who was deeply concerned and wanted to vote with their feet as they felt they had no option left, To stop, as It aint nice, it don't make you look smart and I see more grown up behaviour from my 9 year old daughter.

We are al supporters and you should be able to respect people's opinion's, this is why we have a human rights act, and this is why we have the freedom that so many have fought and lost their lives for!!

But people have the right to ridicule also if they disagree and find your actions ridiculous.

And they are doing.

So chill out.

It hasn't changed much at all. Kean did an interview. Congratulations. Those protesting don't believe anything he says and won't listen anyway and he is still not getting sacked.

No I'm just asking why there isn't one?

are you going to organise it if its that easy?

Our next two games are Newcastle away and Man City at home.

We need at least 2-3 points or we are back in the bottom 3 surely 7 games played.

Kean's not out the woods, hopefully no protests though, I think results should do the talking, points been made.

But people have the right to ridicule also if they disagree and find your actions ridiculous.

And they are doing.

So chill out.

It hasn't changed much at all. Kean did an interview. Congratulations. Those protesting don't believe anything he says and won't listen anyway and he is still not getting sacked.

It's a bit silly telling glen to chill out when the people causing all the fuss are the people ridiculing the protest.

I'm not even sure why because those fans that protested got themselves heard, the players didn't get demotivated, we won the game and everyone went home happy.

I'm not even sure why everyone's so positive all of a sudden. Last time I checked we're only 16th and we don't have easy games ahead of us.

Makes me chuckle 3 weeks ago everyone on here bar 10% wanted protests , boycotts , turn away from the game , keans head spiked and now we win one there's a a huge about turn on people who stood against it all!! Too many gobs on here who are alll mouth and no action!

Too many on here who don'tgo for whatever reason sticking the boot in. I go on diamondback and bronco forums and wouldn't for one second tell people who Attend games whats right or wrong!

Makes me chuckle 3 weeks ago everyone on here bar 10% wanted protests , boycotts , turn away from the game , keans head spiked and now we win one there's a a huge about turn on people who stood against it all!! Too many gobs on here who are alll mouth and no action!

Too many on here who don'tgo for whatever reason sticking the boot in. I go on diamondback and bronco forums and wouldn't for one second tell people who Attend games whats right or wrong!

All the more reason to not take this board so seriously.

I cant remember a previous occasion when a protest march has taken place at ewood before a match.Perhaps the more senior posters can tell me if im mistaken. I just feel very sad and a little uncomfortable with such an action having taken place. I`m sure Glen and the others have genuine reasons for their actions but it doesnt sit comfortably with me.

I wonder how many of the marchers criticised Paul Ince in his time as manager; or how many signed the Facebook petition to prevent the signing of Sam allardyce or have vilified the likes of Keith Andrews as a player.

Messageboards and fans forums have empowered so many fans to express their feelings over recent years on a range of topics to do with football and "our beloved club" in ways which would have been considered unseemly and distasteful before.

Rovers were always considered a family club well run with an illustrious history.Not a club associated with media marches or personal attacks on management or playing staff.

300 protestors might well have had 300 motives for doing what they did.History tells us that protest marches can have various outcomes; many of them far removed from the original outcome of sacking Kean or was it telling Venky`s to sack him because because of his criminal record or was it to tell Venky`s to get lost?

I am content to see what the future brings for our club. I dont confess to understand the finance or what goes on in the background at Ewood. I will support the club; I am going tonight. I was thrilled with our win on saturday and hope for more. I trust the players are trained well and Steve Kean seems passionate about his job.

I am content with that. My job is in education not in football.I hope we can all get back to supporting the club and the manager and the players.

I cant remember a previous occasion when a protest march has taken place at ewood before a match.Perhaps the more senior posters can tell me if im mistaken. I just feel very sad and a little uncomfortable with such an action having taken place. I`m sure Glen and the others have genuine reasons for their actions but it doesnt sit comfortably with me.

I wonder how many of the marchers criticised Paul Ince in his time as manager; or how many signed the Facebook petition to prevent the signing of Sam allardyce or have vilified the likes of Keith Andrews as a player.

Messageboards and fans forums have empowered so many fans to express their feelings over recent years on a range of topics to do with football and "our beloved club" in ways which would have been considered unseemly and distasteful before.

Rovers were always considered a family club well run with an illustrious history.Not a club associated with media marches or personal attacks on management or playing staff.

300 protestors might well have had 300 motives for doing what they did.History tells us that protest marches can have various outcomes; many of them far removed from the original outcome of sacking Kean or was it telling Venky`s to sack him because because of his criminal record or was it to tell Venky`s to get lost?

I am content to see what the future brings for our club. I dont confess to understand the finance or what goes on in the background at Ewood. I will support the club; I am going tonight. I was thrilled with our win on saturday and hope for more. I trust the players are trained well and Steve Kean seems passionate about his job.

I am content with that. My job is in education not in football.I hope we can all get back to supporting the club and the manager and the players.

Am I wrong in saying that your post could be interpreted as:

The protest doesn't sit right with me. We are a family club and therefore regardless of what happens we should sit back and accept it. We should just see what the future holds and blindly walk towards it.

The protest doesn't sit right with me. We are a family club and therefore regardless of what happens we should sit back and accept it. We should just see what the future holds and blindly walk towards it.

Yes, you are wrong to interpret it that way. Anyone who can't see that there is potential for things to look good for us in the future is blindly biased.

Also, and this isn't discrediting you, do you still buy a season ticket but don't attend the games? I find your sig confusing.

After the protest a lot of people have called me all sorts and it does hurt, but I won't change my opinion on Kean a criminal drink driver who is a disgrace to me as a role model but not to the many who think this man should be the role model for their children.. When Rooney and Other professionals do out of hand activities usually the case is their young age getting the better of them at 43 he is nearly the same age as me.. IF he does not think he has committed a crime then I am glad the court of law in this country has, he is as shallow as a human being can go insinuating that those who were taking photographs and asking for his autograph spiked his drink, he now has taken it to the next level saying 99% of fans support him.. This stupid ludicrous statement makes people wonder are Rovers fans that FICKLE? The surprise for me is 63% now want him out from 87% so for 24% they have seen a swallow and its summer!!

After the protest a lot of people have called me all sorts and it does hurt, but I won't change my opinion on Kean a criminal drink driver who is a disgrace to me as a role model but not to the many who think this man should be the role model for their children.. When Rooney and Other professionals do out of hand activities usually the case is their young age getting the better of them at 43 he is nearly the same age as me.. IF he does not think he has committed a crime then I am glad the court of law in this country has, he is as shallow as a human being can go insinuating that those who were taking photographs and asking for his autograph spiked his drink, he now has taken it to the next level saying 99% of fans support him.. This stupid ludicrous statement makes people wonder are Rovers fans that FICKLE? The surprise for me is 63% now want him out from 87% so for 24% they have seen a swallow and its summer!!

24% obvious don't suddenly love Kean.

But 24% probably didn't think Blackburn would beat Arsenal, players would try harder then I have ever seen them try, and a Kean signing be the star player on the pitch.

So look at it as 24% ok I give credit where credit is due, you have more time but your on thin ice ,we have not forgotten the past.

Maybe Kean will continue the success maybe he will not, but always account for variable change :)

With your logic, should Georgie Thompson be removed from Sky Sports?

Also in his defence, he didn't say 99% of fans support him he said that 1% protested against him - which was absolutely correct.

With your logic, should Georgie Thompson be removed from Sky Sports?

Also in his defence, he didn't say 99% of fans support him he said that 1% protested against him - which was absolutely correct.

Sorry, he did say the fact that 1% protested meant that the other 99% supported him. I saw the TV interview and the words came from his own mouth. And, "No" I'm not going to provide proof for you, it was Match of the Day I think.

Sorry, he did say the fact that 1% protested meant that the other 99% supported him. I saw the TV interview and the words came from his own mouth. And, "No" I'm not going to provide proof for you, it was Match of the Day I think.

Yes it was on MOTD, saw it too.

Archived