BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

Liverpool (luck)

Arsenal (luck)

Bolton (crap team)Nope-the team had gone on their holidays.The Manager was up for it.

Wolves (nearly threw it away)

You could also throw in WBA x2 as we were lucky to play them before they sacked the Manager.

Perhaps the lack of balance is when we don't get points. Some posters think the team is unfortunate. Others put it down to incompetence.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just find it depressing that anytime we win a game some people will do everything they can to discredit it.

Why can't we just enjoy winning a game of football?

Don't think anyone is discrediting the win . The truth is bar Robbos saves and woeful finishing we could very easily have lost the game,masking it doesn't help anything or anyone. The overall defence of rovers is rubbish!

• Backroom

You could also throw in WBA x2 as we were lucky to play them before they sacked the Manager.

Perhaps the lack of balance is when we don't get points. Some posters think the team is unfortunate. Others put it down to incompetence.

Now that is true

If you look at Arsenals attacking threat, we will not play many teams with that level of talent outside of the top 6, with Yakubu and Dann (on form)I think we might have won Wolves and Everton games.

Andrey Arshavin 10 million

Gervinho 10.5 million

Theo Walcott 12 million

Mikel Arteta 10 million

Tomas Rosicky 12 million

Van Perise probably valued at 20 million purchased 3 million.

I'm not making excuses for Kean if he can't turn it around he deserves to go, but he has bought himself more time.

Comapre that too:

Nonzi 400k

Formica 3.5 million

Rochina 400k

Yakubu 1.5 million

Goodwillie 2 million

Petrovic 2.5 million

Olssen and Holliet both delevoped by Blackburn.

Why do this - it bears very little credence in my book and proves nothing in 1 game

Over a season its a different matter and then carries weight.

I think I have to agree with that 47er, lucky yes, but we deserved those points.

I think we where both lucky and deserving.

I always say you can create your own luck in football by forcing the issue (something we have not been doing for quite a while) and agree with DB. We all know those games as well where the ball just does not 'bounce for you' as they say.

Obviously, on the balance of play Arse came out tops but we scored more goals so imo deserved to win in that respect which is what matters at the end of day.

Liverpool (luck)

Arsenal (luck)

Bolton (crap team)

The same people tried to put a downer on all these results (not talking you here I must add).

OK Tom, but it would help if you said who you meant.

The Liverpool game - I don't think many people said we were lucky. They said that Liverpool were there to be beat.

Last line from me - I thought we deserved to win. The bottom line to that is that Arsenal conceded four goals. You can't do that [whether it's Arsenal or rovers] and claim you didn't deserve to lose. - and yes, Arsenal aren't, at the moment - anywhere near to their previous standards - defensively at least.

I just find it depressing that anytime we win a game some people will do everything they can to discredit it.

Speaking personally I imagine that I enjoy winning for about as long as Fergy, Wenger etc. I prefer to reflect and analyse the strengths and weaknesses, plusses and minus's of any performance afterwards and look toward the next fixture rather than actually celebrating the win.

Why do this - it bears very little credence in my book and proves nothing in 1 game

Over a season its a different matter and then carries weight.

I don't understand your point, me pointing out Arsenal were still a excellent attacking threat that Blackburn will not face outside the top six, that isn't relevent to the course of the season?

Don't think anyone is discrediting the win . The truth is bar Robbos saves and woeful finishing we could very easily have lost the game,masking it doesn't help anything or anyone. The overall defence of rovers is rubbish!

Well done Abbey - and yes, I am replying to one of your posts ! The ability to see past the end of one's nose is not given to everyone.

Liverpool (luck)

Arsenal (luck)

Bolton (crap team)

The same people tried to put a downer on all these results (not talking you here I must add).

I can't include too many other wins in that list though, simply because he hasn't won many more.

As for tactics v Arsenal he got one thing wrong IMO and that was not offering Givet enough protection, this was rectified and we went on to win the game, Kean may be a bad manager but he certainly didn't do bad last week IMO.

I have no problem discussing tactics and the finer details of a game (messageboards would be dead without it), I will always disect the game in the post match thread however it bothers me that we can win a game and you know straight away in your head how certain members will spin it.

I don't want to comment directly on the above games because that's not the point I want to raise .My point is------- what you're really saying is that people will come on here and give their opinions about how they saw things.

That's what the MB is for. If everyone agreed with you there would be no Board.

As for not giving Givet enough protection, I and others have been saying this for weeks and it applies to both full-backs, its just that Arsenal concentrated on our left-back for some reason in that game. Kean should not be congratulated for spotting it, rather he should be severely criticised for being so late! How can a manager of a Premier League Club, working full-time be so far behind ordinary supporters? If he takes weeks to change things when other managers take minutes its going to be a very long season. Our structure was wrong throughout that game and our defence was under enormous pressure, they had way more possession than we did which explains why.

People are concerned for the future, they are not going to be appeased by one game, especially when it could so easily have gone the other way.

• Moderation Lead

This has been the case time and again over the years, where the 'keeper has saved us- whether that be Friedel, Flowers or Robbo.

That said though, it certainly is alarming how easy it is to cut through our defence...

I don't want to comment directly on the above games because that's not the point I want to raise .My point is------- what you're really saying is that people will come on here and give their opinions about how they saw things.

That's what the MB is for. If everyone agreed with you there would be no Board.

As for not giving Givet enough protection, I and others have been saying this for weeks and it applies to both full-backs, its just that Arsenal concentrated on our left-back for some reason in that game. Kean should not be congratulated for spotting it, rather he should be severely criticised for being so late! How can a manager of a Premier League Club, working full-time be so far behind ordinary supporters? If he takes weeks to change things when other managers take minutes its going to be a very long season.

That's very true, 47er.

The manager should have the tactics worked out, have the "plan B" ready and waiting, and that seems to have been lacking.

I'm sure other managers spend most of the week studying vids of the opposition time and time again; running through slo mos and rewinds, looking for that little something that might give them the edge.

We just seem to be lacking in that "what to do next".

Rubbish, I have prefaced everything with saying it was a great result and a very good second half performance. Which it was.

Maybe you'd prefer people on here to blindly claim it was an amazing victory and there were no other factors at play other than our own brilliance.

I don't understand your point, me pointing out Arsenal were still a excellent attacking threat that Blackburn will not face outside the top six, that isn't relevent to the course of the season?

No problem Chris let me explain as it's possible we are at crossed swords here and missing each others points.

Normally people will quote the value/cost of teams as the reason for us getting beat and has to be expected etc etc ( something I don't agree with in one off games btw)- hence my understanding/interpretation of your post and considering it was in reply to jim; who I thought was implying it didn't matter that it was Arse, as we would have been lucky whoever we had played given the amount of chances they had.

Which in that respect the cost/value means nothing imo.

To be fair, though, I can tell you before a match which people will come on and moan about it afterwards and which people will say we did well and they enjoyed it.

Anyway, isn't this thread about the Protest March?

And I can tell you which people will object to people offering any kind of reasoned analysis of the match.

No one has moaned about us beating Arsenal, people like you are moaning about other people giving other reasons as to why we won, other than simply talking about how well we plated.

To be fair, though, I can tell you before a match which people will come on and moan about it afterwards and which people will say we did well and they enjoyed it.

Anyway, isn't this thread about the Protest March?

Interesting to see who +1 'ed you mum.[not aimed at you at all].

Don't moan about the manager eh? :lol:

I love how the usual suspects on here have the simplistic view that if you point out the very obvious facts like this is an Arsenal team who have got 16 points from 16 games, that no team, least of all Arsenal usually puts two goals into their own net twice, that we had a great second half but not a particularly good first half etc etc means suddenly you don't enjoy the win.

They're a lot of same people who claim you can't be against the manager and support the club at the same time.

Like I said, certain individuals on here have real problems with thinking two things at the same time...

• Backroom

I love how the usual suspects on here have the simplistic view that if you point out the very obvious facts like this is an Arsenal team who have got 16 points from 16 games, that no team, least of all Arsenal usually puts two goals into their own net twice, that we had a great second half but not a particularly good first half etc etc means suddenly you don't enjoy the win.

They're a lot of same people who claim you can't be against the manager and support the club at the same time.

Like I said, certain individuals on here have real problems with thinking two things at the same time...

And certain individuals have real problems making a post without insulting people.

And I can tell you which people will object to people offering any kind of reasoned analysis of the match.

No one has moaned about us beating Arsenal, people like you are moaning about other people giving other reasons as to why we won, other than simply talking about how well we plated.

Don't be daft, TGM, we won because the ball went in their net more times than theirs went in ours. Anybody knows that <_<;)

Should we start a protest march, do you think?

Archived