BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

A protest against City is a must, we beat Arsenal, but that shouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference, he needs to go.

You may find that after the City defeat next week, people will take it upon themselves to make their way to the main entrance and protest.

I don't think so though GAV. We play 'ok' next week and most will just slink off home. In fact, there are a fair number who think we are playing 'good football' and are quite happy.

Plus, I suppose many fans know the owners arent listening, so why bother?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A protest against City is a must, we beat Arsenal, but that shouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference, he needs to go.

You may find that after the City defeat next week, people will take it upon themselves to make their way to the main entrance and protest.

wow can;t believe you said that.

and anyway look at all the effort Keans put into talking to the fans, its Venkys who need to sack him, I don't think its Kean's fault he is not good enough or deluded.

I say let him hang himself, results are so unpredictable, more games are needed to prove he is not good enough or good enough, probably not.

He's proven to be useless, and he should go now Chris.

Re Mark 1875: Venky's have been a disaster. They have caused a lot of the chaos behind the scenes with their love of hiring dodgy agents, the constant links and subsequent collapse of transfer deals over the summer, the removal of two very good board members in Williams and Finn with no plans of how to reshape the boardroom and the complete ignorance of the results and ramifications of relegation. The Trust were indeed stingy so and sos, but at least they didn't big themselves up and give it large about how they would invest, and then don't. We knew where we stood.

We know he's not good enough, and I'm pretty sure he knows he is not good. It's time for him to go before it gets even worse. Unfortunately the worse the situation gets the harder it will be to get out of it. Enough is enough and we need to speak louder this time.

Kean has done nothing since becoming manager to convince me he is the man we need at the helm.

and anyway look at all the effort Keans put into talking to the fans, its Venkys who need to sack him, I don't think its Kean's fault he is not good enough or deluded.

I say let him hang himself, results are so unpredictable, more games are needed to prove he is not good enough or good enough, probably not.

The man is not good enough, why should we sit back and let him hang himself at the detriment of Blackburn Rovers

"But I think the game hinged on a big refereeing decision. I've looked at it a number of times and I think Scott Dann is fouled by Leon Best when he is going to clear the ball off the line.

"So that is a tough one because I felt that if we'd been on the right decision for that then we could have got ourselves back in the game.

Kean's interview on the official site, ""That is something that we'll be working on because if we can be effective in our counter-attacks and put our chances away it could have been a different result today."

what chances?? how can people back this idiot and his pathetic excuses

I backed the guy at the start of this season Chris, like I backed him for most of last season, but hes simply useless at managing a football team and is taking down.

His buys look good in the main, we have the quality to stay up IMO, we just need a manager to pull it together and we'll do ok.

He's proven to be useless, and he should go now Chris.

Re Mark 1875: Venky's have been a disaster. They have caused a lot of the chaos behind the scenes with their love of hiring dodgy agents, the constant links and subsequent collapse of transfer deals over the summer, the removal of two very good board members in Williams and Finn with no plans of how to reshape the boardroom and the complete ignorance of the results and ramifications of relegation. The Trust were indeed stingy so and sos, but at least they didn't big themselves up and give it large about how they would invest, and then don't. We knew where we stood.

The trust were cash-neutral towards the end (major investors in years of souness and before). Venkies are much more negative (last window we spent 10m less than we sold). Oh for a return to stinginess!

His buys look good in the main, we have the quality to stay up IMO, we just need a manager to pull it together and we'll do ok.

Yes! We have the makings of a good exciting attacking team but they need to be organised better than the school playground.

Ok I have set up a Facebook group for idea's of what we as fans can do,

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=225870537471948

Many want to protest next week, but I aint got a clue what type of protest this should be or who it should be aimed at.

I'm also not sure if I want to put one together alone either as it's a lot of work for one person.

I'm kinda hoping some others can step forward and either take the lead, or share the work load.

I know not everyone has facebook, and we all hate protests. All I ask if anyone has any idea's is that health and safety is always put first. The police have said if anything is organised they need 6 days notice so bare that in mind.

Many want to protest next week, but I aint got a clue what type of protest this should be or who it should be aimed at.

I'm also not sure if I want to put one together alone either as it's a lot of work for one person.

I'm kinda hoping some others can step forward and either take the lead, or share the work load.

I know not everyone has facebook, and we all hate protests. All I ask if anyone has any idea's is that health and safety is always put first. The police have said if anything is organised they need 6 days notice so bare that in mind.

Don't bother glen. He won't get sacked under anyone elses terms but Venky's.

We can of course let our feelings be known after the City game, but after seeing some of the disgraceful comments put your way last week, you shouldn't put yourself through it again.

Noble cause, but 99% of the fanbase are happy to sleepwalk to relegation

im all protested out, after last week, i dont think i could go through another one, only to have people scoff, until the majority of the supporters are willing to accept kean isnt up to the job and make a stand then i dont think it will do any good.

I think getting a petition together to remove Steve Kean, including getting several thousand signatures and addresses is a good way fo showing that it is the majority of rovers fans that want Steve Kean gone and not just the 1% that he claims. If we get thousands of signatures and this is released to the press and Venkys, this will add to the open letter and protest march that have previously taken place.

I believe petitions have been mooted recently and some have even distributed some but I think we need ONE official one that everyone signs, rather than half a dozen different petitions that have just a few signatures. What does everyone think?

This idea is in addition to another protest and any other ideas people have but will certainly show Venky's and Steve Kean that there are a lot of people out there that want him removed. Don't see how he could put a positive spin on that.

If Glen/Oz does a protest this weekend people will say "oh its the same people, Kean just did all the interviews, answers fans questions and one loss and they protest"

If he waits a few weeks and we lose a couple it will be "Glen was right all a long, lets put a statue up of him next the Jack, he is the voice of the majority now"

I'd wait.

I remember Glen talked about refusing to leave after the game and signing anti Kean songs.

Although is Kean the problem or the peole that hired him.

I mean if Simon Cowell had made Onkar Judge the winner of xfactor, would that have been Onkar Judges fault?????

Man I just ###### myself laughing at that guy.

im all protested out, after last week, i dont think i could go through another one, only to have people scoff, until the majority of the supporters are willing to accept kean isnt up to the job and make a stand then i dont think it will do any good.

A majority of supporters already think Kean isn't up to the job. They just won't go on a formal protest, its a fact of life. What they will do though, and its already happening, is stay away. Secondly those who do go will do their protesting in the ground--Ewood is a pretty uncomfortable place for a manager who's lost the supporters and there are some hard times to come before we get through it all. We've seen it before and we'll see it again.

Venkys have no experience of any of this and will be totally unprepared for it because they have little understanding of what supporting our local club means to us.But they will inevitably be shocked out of their complacency. So don't lose heart.

I just want it to happen in time to save us.

There are two simple and unchanged truths to all this:

1. Under Kean we will be relegated.

2. Our supporters appear to be without hope of him ever leaving and therefore just want to march towards their death hoping for nothing more than for it to be quick.

Still the protest really did look stupid after a win didn't it.....? :rolleyes:

Regardless of what people say, I hope people like Glen continue in their quest to save this club.

Anyone noticed Kalinic is keeping an eye on that facebook page :) Mighty humerous, looks like he selected it to be shown as a like on his own facebook page lol :)

Archived