BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Protest March 17.09.11

OZTHEMAN

All riveting but anybody who knows about football and watches the games without prejudice can see he has not lost the team, we are capable of fighting it out against anyone, we've finally just had a bit of luck after a long time with none at all and this season does have the potential to be promising. People just don't want to see it.

Did you before Saturday?

I'm yet to be convinced off 1 result and IMO it was the going's on that inspired the team more than anything and the fans.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I want us to win trophies, challenge for Europe again so I could watch us play on the continent etc etc, but of course we need consistent financial backing, a manager who can get results and of course survival at all costs.

Kean is obviously going to get all the time he needs whatever the results, so I won't be posting 'Kean out' and so forth because it is pointless.

Not really. You said you contribution was as wonderful as my hypothesis was likely.

So either your contribution and my hypothesis were bad, or they were both good.

You just don't see it do you. Forget it I'm not arguing with you any more. I find if I argue with a simpleton he often drags me down to his level then beats me because he has experience at that level.

Did you before Saturday?

I'm yet to be convinced off 1 result and IMO it was the going's on that inspired the team more than anything and the fans.

I presume you meant go before Saturday.

Yes, and at which point have we looked like the team in the last days of Ince, running around like headless chickens?

A team is being built and there is a long way to go but we can see that this team can perform.

One penalty scored out of two from the last game and the ridiculous penalty given to them cancelled out (or all three penalties scored)and we'd be joint 6th.

As things stand though (more importantly of course) we are 3 points off 6th, not in a relegation spot, unbeaten in two games against good opposition and a team getting to know each other more every game.

Because of this protest Venkys are meeting the fans to find ways to improve communications and learn howe to relate to the fans.

And which fans might they be? A random selection of fans say from the season ticket database or those that shout, march and complain the loudest?

You just don't see it do you. Forget it I'm not arguing with you any more. I find if I argue with a simpleton he often drags me down to his level then beats me because he has experience at that level.

Presumptuous on the gender front.

I find your presence on this board rather unsettling.

In the Jack Walker thread, you -1'ed the majority of the posts. This is highly questionable in itself.

Now then, I would like to focus on the last part of your comment:

'deserves so much credit for the last two results'.

Fulham - A poor team that had taken very little from the season so far tore us apart in the second half. We did very little other than give the ball away and invite pressure on ourselves.

Arsenal - I don't want to take anything away from this win, I really enjoyed watching it. The first time I've enjoyed a game in months. However, being realistic about it that was the Liverpool game from last season. Arsenal are in a bad way at the moment and it was mostly luck (and Robinson) that allowed us to take advantage of it.

In football, you cannot simply forget the previous season which is exactly what you have decided to do. Kean took us to the brink of oblivion last season and there is nothing to suggest that he will not do the same again.

I'm very much hoping that we carry some confidence into the Newcastle game now and Kean continues to improve his awful record. My advice to you is that football is a very odd game, your mindless defence of our rookie coach could end up backfiring on you in a big way.

You state Arsenal was this season's Liverpool claiming that they are a team in distress but according to most people, so were Rovers. This is following a decent performance by them away from home in the Champion's league whereby the pundits were praising them for their commitment and spirit with most saying they had turned a corner. They still have a damn good side that would walk it against most teams. As for Fulham, City (unbeaten in the league), just achieved the same result as we got there.

And which fans might they be? A random selection of fans say from the season ticket database or those that shout, march and complain the loudest?

I think the people in the know aren't willling to tell.

I'd imagine its the fans that have a voice, which makes sense, so forum owners, infleuncial fans.

I think the people in the know aren't willling to tell.

I'd imagine its the fans that have a voice, which makes sense, so forum owners, infleuncial fans.

But that doesnt give a true reflection of peoples views and never will. A forum owner has no more right to discuss the fans views that Mr random Blackburn Rovers fan found on the street.

But that doesnt give a true reflection of peoples views and never will. A forum owner has no more right to discuss the fans views that Mr random Blackburn Rovers fan found on the street.

He'll have good knowledge of what the general vocal fans are unhappy about.

I work in Marketing and run a annually survey of customer satifaction, I spent a few weeks analysing the results the Telesales lot collect for me, then report to the Director.

We focus on the unhappy customers heavily and try to build relations, and if we are to solve the problems they have we maybe speak to them and get Account Managers to repair comms. The happy ones we leave happy and have enough detail as to why they are happy.

So this is the only way I can look at it from their point of view.

Ofcourse its important to know what the happy customers think too, but a happy customer is not anywhere near as vocal as an unhappy one in business and I guess in football. :tu:

I work in Marketing and run a annually survey of customer satifaction, I spent a few weeks analysing the results the Telesales lot collect for me, then report to the Director.

We focus on the unhappy customers heavily and try to build relations, and if we are to solve the problems they have we maybe speak to them and get account Managers to repair comms. The happy ones we leave happy and have enough detail as to why they are happy.

Ofcourse its important to know what the happy customers think too, but a happy customer is not anywhere near as vocal as an unhappy one in business and I guess in football. :tu:

So its a man then? <_<

To all rovers fans. Venkys are sticking with Steve Kean thats plain to see. After the protest, and the result on Saturday, now is the time to move forward. Lets all back Steve Kean and the team.

Lets stop the falling out and knocking folk, and put all our effort behind the club. We as fans have made a statement, but it is time to move on.

To all rovers fans. Venkys are sticking with Steve Kean thats plain to see. After the protest, and the result on Saturday, now is the time to move forward. Lets all back Steve Kean and the team.

Lets stop the falling out and knocking folk, and put all our effort behind the club. We as fans have made a statement, but it is time to move on.

He nearly got us relegated last season and he's taking us the same way this season. He has no respect for the supporters who have voted with their feet in their thousands.

He's failed to address the midfield issue, the left back issue, the players a load of kids issue.

I will not really want to back him until/unless the team starts playing well and win more than 1 game in 5. That is not to say that I would want bad results all season until Kean goes of course. If we turn a corner and things start improving then that would be great. However, I do not subscribe to the view that a boss should be immune from criticism in difficult times, and that we should all follow them without question. That sort of thinking allowed George W. Bush to wreck to the world economy, engage in an illegal and costly war and get re-elected. I probably over stated my point but never mind.

We focus on the unhappy customers heavily and try to build relations, and if we are to solve the problems they have we maybe speak to them and get Account Managers to repair comms. The happy ones we leave happy and have enough detail as to why they are happy.

Unfortunately there is always a tendency to focus on the people who complain the most as it is easier to spot them. Empty vessels really do make the most noise. It is also far easier to find fault than find things to praise, or rather people find it easier to criticise than congratulate.

The majority of individuals are not going to rant and rave over anything. They probably won't post on forums, are most unlikely to march to get someone sacked, and would definitely never use such a horrible word as "hate" to describe their feelings towards anyone never mind a football manager (especially their own).

Just hope that who does go is reasoned and is willing to discuss things sensibly and be honest they do not necessarily reflect the views of all Rovers supporters. There's enough evidence to suggest the 'internet active fanbase' is generally disillusioned with Kean, but it is just as bad for fans to say that 85% of supporters want Kean out as it is for Kean to say only 1% of all fans want him out.

Oh and before anyone thinks I'm a Kean sympathiser, I'm not. I don't think he's up to the job and fear for the club's status if he continues. I certainly don't hate him, and must say that I don't think I'll ever be bored with him in charge. Extremely annoyed at times, excited at others, but never bored.

I will not really want to back him until/unless the team starts playing well and win more than 1 game in 5. That is not to say that I would want bad results all season until Kean goes of course. If we turn a corner and things start improving then that would be great. However, I do not subscribe to the view that a boss should be immune from criticism in difficult times, and that we should all follow them without question. That sort of thinking allowed George W. Bush to wreck to the world economy, engage in an illegal and costly war and get re-elected. I probably over stated my point but never mind.

Totally agree with this bit.

I have spoken to a good few fans who aren't happy but will not have anything said against the owners of the club or others in positions of authority.

galvanised the players 200 people! haha. People clutching at straws for the march to have ment something or a impact but it just didnt. All of you but glen and usman in particular should HANG THEIR HEADS IN SHAME for disgracing this club. Nothing but jeers from other fans who saw the 10 fans on match of the day and the people on 606

200 ? how do you get that figure mr mole?.....oh and im no grammer dude but i think you meant to spell ment wrong.

Archived